I look depressed - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

I look depressed

People have been saying that I look depressed lately. It won't be directly to me but I will overhear people talking about "the kid who wears black and walks around outside" and how he looks depressed or angry alot.

That's just my "default" expression. I don't like smiling because I recently got braces so this causes three things.

A) my smile looks awkward IMO (I'm not showing my teeth)
B) I don't want to show my teeth because my braces are attached to them and they look strange.
C) I seem to be the only senior in high school who has them, most got them off around sophomore year...

I don't know what to do?
I can't really talk to anyone because the thought that they may avoid me because I supposedly look depressed bothers me. So now in addition to SAD, I'm paranoid??!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired

Re: I look depressed

do you look at the ground and hunch down when you walk?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
killer of conversations

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxArmyofOnexX
I don't know what to do?
I can't really talk to anyone because the thought that they may avoid me because I supposedly look depressed bothers me. So now in addition to SAD, I'm paranoid??!?!
I've been told I look depressed before. In school I try my best to keep a positive disposition so people don't think I'm even stranger.

I have a reputation for being that girl who sits at the back of the classroom and never talks, or that girl who I know from junior high who used to get picked on.

I've changed a lot since then, even though I have days where everything seems ****ty and you think there's no hope you're extremely paranoid etc etc the list goes on.

All I can tell you is do your best at trying to socialize, because practice may not make perfect but it sure gives you experience. I'm more able to open up to people now after actually trying to cope with my problems instead of ignore them. It's still hard for me, but I'm working on it. Someone once told me people think about you A LOT less than you worry about them thinking about you. If that makes any sense. But I'd say it's true.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly
do you look at the ground and hunch down when you walk?
I used to do it a lot, now I do it alot less often. I still find myself looking down (although I don't look @ the ground. I take out my phone (we're allowed to use them in halls), and look at it to check the time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page