I just quit my job without anything else lined up because it was too low paying. WOOOO! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Paranoid

I just quit my job without anything else lined up because it was too low paying. WOOOO!

Okay I lied a bit, I DO in fact have something else KINDA lined up, but not confirmed yet. So without a confirmed written offer, it's like leaving without having anything lined up.

I just couldn't take it. I couldn't force myself to get up. I saw the alarm, and I turned it off. I actually have 4 alarms all within the same hour since I tend to do that a lot, and I turned ALL of them off. I quit today, and I'm not going back. When my employer calls and asks if I'm okay, I'm not answering. I'm a ghost now. That job was just SO low paying compared to the jobs I had before and the education I have should at least put me at a higher salary than that. It was soul crushing.

Thankfully I have enough savings to last me a year. Still... I hate the idea of having to touch my savings, but I couldn't take that ****ty low paying job anymore. It reduced my self esteem by the day. At family gatherings, when they asked me what I do for work, I had to tiptoe around it and omit so many details. I was so ashamed. I lied to my mom about how much I was getting paid the entire time. To this day, she doesn't even know.
She doesn't know I didn't go to work today. When she checks those security cameras, she'll see my car is still in the driveway. She'll know. I'll just have to come clean.

I wish I kept the job I had earlier this year. I was good at it, got constant kudos, caught on very quickly, it was in my field and it was decent money. I ****ed up. Hopefully I can find something like that again, but it probably won't be for a while.

I hate life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:17 AM
Permanently Banned

but if you get fired for being a no-show, that's not gonna look good on your resume?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I left a previous job for 2 days once cause I couldn't take it anymore, but I went back to work my notice period, with a verbal warning, cause just leaving is gonna look bad in the long run.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
but if you get fired for being a no-show, that's not gonna look good on your resume?
It won’t be on my resume. No gaps, because I stretch the dates on my previous jobs and no one ever finds out. I’ve passed every background check doing this and there are no consequences.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostUnwanted View Post
It won’t be on my resume. No gaps, because I stretch the dates on my previous jobs and no one ever finds out. I’ve passed every background check doing this and there are no consequences.
Damn girl
Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:51 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
I quit several jobs in my lifetime without anything lined up. They were all **** jobs too. The only diffference is that I’m poor on top of it and still live with my parents. Doesn’t stop me from getting ***** though.

Also, you don’t have to put everything down on your resumes. To be honest, I lied and put completely different things down instead. Nobody ever knows unless you open your mouth and say something. I also have relatives answer the phone pretending to be “professional references” too.

One thing you have to know about the workplace is that nobody cares about you. You’re just a number to them so you may as well help yourself.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:54 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Sick
Hmm I mean you have savings, something potentially lined up. Meh whatever works for you, you seem to be in ok shape.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourself View Post
I quit several jobs in my lifetime without anything lined up. They were all **** jobs too. The only diffference is that I’m poor on top of it and still live with my parents. Doesn’t stop me from getting ***** though.

Also, you don’t have to put everything down on your resumes. To be honest, I lied and put completely different things down instead. Nobody ever knows unless you open your mouth and say something. I also have relatives answer the phone pretending to be “professional references” too.

One thing you have to know about the workplace is that nobody cares about you. You’re just a number to them so you may as well help yourself.
Exactly how I think. Other than my job responsibilities and part of my education section, everything on my resume is fake.

Everyone wants to see you having years of experience even though you've only been in the workforce for a few years (as an early 20s person). So **** it, lie.

Glad to see people here on SAS aren't brown-nosers to these employees who don't give a damn about you, exploit your labor and underpay you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:17 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Would have been ideal if you could have made it till you got the official job offer from the new job and give 2 weeks notice to your current employer. At least you have savings so you wont be homeless. But if its that bad of a situation then sometimes you just have to go right now.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:38 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Low pay is better than no pay.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 PM
SAS Member

I understand the desire to want to leave a job, but having something lined up is the better way. I was just fired from Disney World and permanently banned from the property for writing a private Facebook message to someone saying the people I like and don't like at work.

Nardil 75 mg/day (22.5 mg in the morning, 22.5 mg in the afternoon, 30 mg at night)
Seroquel 200 mg/night (100 mg to get to sleep, 100 mg in the middle of the night)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
If it was such a low paying job how could you possibly have enough saved up for a year without working? Most people could not afford a year without work.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page