I just don't like people - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I just don't like people

Despite my social anxiety I can't shake this conception that everyone is only out for themselves and only interact with me for some personal benefit. I guess negative experiences in the past cloud my judgement. I guess this makes it easier for me to cope with being lonely lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo View Post
Despite my social anxiety I can't shake this conception that everyone is only out for themselves and only interact with me for some personal benefit. I guess negative experiences in the past cloud my judgement. I guess this makes it easier for me to cope with being lonely lol.
I can relate to this alot of evil in the world. You really just want to know what someones intent is.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Ven
SAS Member

I wonder if the people that hate people would be able to be friends

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Desu!~

My Mood: Brooding
People hater's unite <_< people are evil and selfish though, and in the long run arn't really good for anything. So long as I meet them once and then never see them again I'm quite happy... *no friends at all* XD
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Dragonic Archon

I am the same way. I look at humanity in general as filth, a plague that reproduces and destroys all in it's wake. They act without thinking of the consequences of their actions, all revolving around greed. However, on an individual basis I TRY to give everyone a chance. Many people have a goodwill and are just ignorant of the big picture. They are so consumed with the daily grind, and their next fleeting desire.

Love or hate me as you will, but live now and in your final breath. In time we shall meet again.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Permanently Banned

On two different occassions I have been accused of hating people.
People mistreat me simply for being different. When you're constantly mistreated, you're not going to be excited about interacting with people. However I "hate" no one. I have all the reason to though. It's funny how people are jerks to me and then want to switch it around like I'm a people hating jerk.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Persona Non Grata

I'm not sure if I hate everyone, or if I just want to keep my distance.
I've never honestly tried, or really desired, to have a social life beyond maybe attempting to be the occasional person's friend, a task which I am rarely successful in of course. The point is, I don't know people well enough to hate them.
A lot of people my own age seem completely alien to me in a lot of ways, the superficiality and social shallowness of all their lives, I have absolutely no desire to be anywhere near the 'normal' for most of the people I know (of?).
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Warm Body

I have the same thoughts, so I enjoy being alone A lot of people just want to use you, they asked for a lot of help but when you are in need of help, they will give you millions of reason to say I'm sorry but I can't Even after my break up, I only needed someone to listen to me, but no one around, so now, I can help them, but never think they'r good friends as I did ^^

No bf? Okay
No pets? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 AM
SAS Member

Most people are out for themselves, just not maliciously so. More absent-mindedly.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 AM
SAS Member

I know what you mean. I know not everyone is evil, but people don't care half as much as they say they do. Put it this way, people pretty much want to know everything about someone else, not because they are interested or like you but so they can gossip. I'll admit even me and my friends try to find things out about people just so we can gossip and have a laugh. Even when someone says something nice to me I just feel like they are taking the piss. Kinda like that girl who was nominated for homecoming queen as a joke. I just can't take people seriously at all. I have made quite a few friends over the past few years ut when you hear them say things and gossip about other people, it makes you wonder what they really think of you.
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
SAS Member

Depends on the person!
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Permanently Banned

Most days I mutter to myself "I hate people!"

It's their judgement. I don't want to hear their words or see their gazes & expressions. I don't want to worry about what they're thinking of me, what they're saying about me. I'm a withdrawn, anxious loner because of judgemental selfish rude people. I wish I could not care, but I'm a sensitive person.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
SAS Member

I don't either real talk.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Unhappy forever.

Me too. I don't like people and exactly for the same reasons you stated.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ ♠♠♠
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Easy

Its a bit of a contradiction though really...
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Lone Demon

I will fall into that mindset on my worser days but I do my best to stay out of it.

-Brb. Going bonkers.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Frog View Post
I'm not sure if I hate everyone, or if I just want to keep my distance.
I've never honestly tried, or really desired, to have a social life beyond maybe attempting to be the occasional person's friend, a task which I am rarely successful in of course. The point is, I don't know people well enough to hate them.
A lot of people my own age seem completely alien to me in a lot of ways, the superficiality and social shallowness of all their lives, I have absolutely no desire to be anywhere near the 'normal' for most of the people I know (of?).
Same here. I went to a bar recently with my colleagues and all they talked about was getting drunk and sleeping around. It made me want to quit the human race. If that's all people my age care about, no wonder I have nothing in common with them.

It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she’s reaching for

- Marie Curie
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Little Winged One

My Mood: Angelic
I can't say I actually hate people -But I do think most people go through life acting - they pick the part they want to play and you only catch glimpses every now and then of the true person. It's often when they get angry that you see that false facade slip away. I try as much as I can to be who I really am - that often means I'm not liked,because everyone wants you to play the game.- It would be clever on my part if I did capitulate-things wouldn't be so difficult for me.- Still,there's just something in me that refuses to do that- Oh well,I got all rambly -Point is,I hate the fake qualities of people and that generally is all they offer up.

-Work on Forgetting the Self-

"Never try to appear to be more than you are but always try to be more than you appear."
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 AM
SAS Member

A question for those who consider people selfish / evil / etc. Does that apply to you too? I mean, if you aren't selfish than probably a whole bunch of others isn't as well.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM
A Mountain With Wings

I wouldn't say I don't like people, but rather I get exhausted quickly if I have to communicate or be involved in social interactions for too long. After awhile I have to disappear off the face of the earth, and go off on my own to recharge my batteries. I imagine some of you may actually be pretty cool people to hang around with......

in moderation of course

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page