I hate synoptic snow - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2020, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I hate synoptic snow

Stupid weather pattern is stuck in this split flow. Getting this systems from the sw. Got about 5 inches overnight which is equal to two feet of lake effect snow. It wasn't the worse but not the best to move. I rather get the arctic flow giving us lake effect. Lake effect is easier to deal with. Now it is going to warm up close to 40 next week screwing the mat up where I move the snow into the north part of my yard. By mid to late January winter will decide to really gets its act together lasting into April here.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2021, 11:50 AM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
We had snow roughly the same time, so I guess I'm not the far away. I honestly don't know the difference between LES and synoptic snow even though I've been around snow all my life. As I understand it lake effect snow especially by the great lakes is generally larger fluffier flakes? I'm guessing synoptic snow comes in with a weather pattern and has smaller denser particles?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Synoptic snow has a lot more water content in it making it heavier. It is a pain to move and it piles up more. Lake effect has a lot less water in it making it easier to move and doesn't pile up as much. The big problem with lake effect is the visibility when it is coming down heavy and it can be sudden. You can be driving along with the sun out and all of a sudden you drive into a blinding snow squall. The lake effect flakes are larger when it is warmer like in the teens and twenties but when it gets down to single digits the flakes get real small decreasing the visibility.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page