I hate my life - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I hate my life

Can someone give me some genuine help? I am 27 yrs old. I have no job, other than working for my dad which I hate. He couldn't care less about what I want to do with my life, he only wants me to work to help him out. Both my parents are very narcissistic and don't really care about me being happy. They don't think I'm capable of it anyway, and they're partly right. They get off on making me upset and angry. I'm stared at everywhere I go out in public, I can't even go to the store without people giving me really mean looks, people laugh at me as if I'm doing something funny when I'm just walking around. It's like people can tell how pathetic my life is and think it's amusing to judge the crap out of me for it. I can't do things that normal people do like go for a walk in the park, eat out at a restaurant or cafe, etc. I look for jobs, but No one else will hire me even though I desperately want to leave my father's workplace. It's like businesses know how much of a hopeless loser I am so they won't even give me an interview. I'm a virgin, which used to get me down, but now is like the last thing on my mind since I have so many other problems. Women can see how lonely and rejected I am feeling, they laugh at me for it.

There are just so many things wrong with my life that I don't even know where to start on improving it. I try to solve one problem, and then another problem bites me in the ***. I'm trapped, confused, angry etc. Has anyone else felt similar or have some advice? Please, I'm in a lot of trouble.

Staff Edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:34 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheeky
Are you sure people are giving you mean looks when you go out? That they are specifically laughing at you?

I'm sorry to hear about your parents though. We don't choose our family. As soon as you can get away from them, you should. It seems like they cause you unnecessary stress.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:08 PM
lost in the ozone

My Mood: Sad
I really wish I could help you man, but I'm pretty much in the same situation that you are. No job, no money, no car, I'm still living with my parents and they don't seem to care. My only friends are online, and sometimes I wonder if they really care because lately so many of them hardly talk to me. I've been going like this for about 15 years now, with my depression going for about 18 years. I don't go out anymore. I had real friends for so long, but once they found out what I was dealing with they seemed to walk away from me so I have no one to do anything with. I can't go anywhere or do anything. I've just created a disaster of a life for myself, I really feel trapped and just completely lost, and unless I can find help I don't see myself getting out of this.

Hey if you want someone to chat with send me a message. Who knows maybe having someone to chat with would help us both. I really hope you can find your way out of this darkness and into something better, believe me I can understand what you must be going through and how you must feel. I know it's hard, trust me I really do, but the most we can do right now is just try and hang in there.

Marooned and stranded on the islands of the damned. There is no one on earth to take my hand.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:33 PM
SAS Member

Whoa, I'm in same position. I also work with my dad but I would like to get into something else. I just don't enjoy this line of work. I mean it's easy and I don't mind it but my heart isn't in it. Anyways, he relies on me too much for me to leave though. I would like to go back to school but I need money first. we can chat also if you would like since we are in similar predicaments.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yes I'm in a **** place too. I don't like to talk about it here much, because it makes me feel worse - dysfunctional, stunted, pathetic, useless, weak, ashamed, guilty etc.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
Me too. Im 22, Ive had a girlfriend before, but she broke my heart, so Ive been focusing on myself since. But mostly, Im just kinda... here. I go out to the store, and Ill skateboard in my driveway, feed my cats and hang out with them too (lol). Im terrified of skating at a skatepark, the kids there these days are real *******s. But when I do go out, for groceries, or to eat (by myself), I really dont give a **** what people think of me. But I only go out when I have to. I cannot have a conversation with a stranger for the sake of having a good conversation. It takes me entirely too long to warm up to someone to trust them enough to be able to have a jolly one-time interaction. I simply cannot do it it seems. I am currently looking for another job as well. Im 22, I know girls like me, I can be cute if I want. But I want kids and a wife, Im not wasting my time getting manipulated by girls toying with my emotions. My older brother is narcissistic, I dont think hes aware of how deep his "jokes" cut though. I dont like making jabs at the expense of others. Doesnt that defeat the purpose of a joke? Anyways, I have no friends, except one. What Ive been doing is kicking every addiction I have, down to sugar, television, videogames, weed. Also, Ive been filtering all the leeches from my life. I have come to realize that even the one friend I have, is truly a blessing. The word friend is used too loosely nowadays, I think. People will leech your energy without even knowing it, I think. They need your energy so they can suppress whatever it is thats going on in their heads. So many times, I would hang out with friends just to come home and realize, why did I even go? That wasnt even fun. I cut off 3 people recently who were leeches, and changed my number. I feel TONS better. I even had this anxiety of even getting a text or call from these people go away. It was then that I realized, everytime they contacted me, I would feel pressured to be their emotional punching bag. Narcissists are nasty to deal with, you really do have to make every interaction with them a loss on their part, or they will continue to leech off of you. I would look up the psychology of narcissism, and how to deal with it, if I were you. Good luck with your dad, and maybe you can find a better job so you wont have to be around him in the workplace and at the house.

Staff Edit
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 02:11 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Sorry that you are in this situation. You have a whole life ahead of you, all you need to do is stay strong and try harder to change your life. Take steps to cure social anxiety on your own or with therapy, keep looking for a good job, and try to do activities that allow you to meet new people, such as joining social anxiety groups or going to some kind of club. It might be very frightening now, but it gets so much easier. You can also cure your social anxiety better by simply not letting it affect you much. I used to have severe social anxiety but i just learned to not care about embarassing things and now i dont care, i still have anxiety but the anxiety cant effect me much. So dont give up, there is still hope, lots of hope. If you will just hold on and make it through the rough patches of your life, a happy, bright future is ahead of you

Staff Edit
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDoggy View Post
Whoa, I'm in same position. I also work with my dad but I would like to get into something else. I just don't enjoy this line of work. I mean it's easy and I don't mind it but my heart isn't in it. Anyways, he relies on me too much for me to leave though. I would like to go back to school but I need money first. we can chat also if you would like since we are in similar predicaments.
We should definitely chat. Have you had any luck looking for other work? It's terrible out there.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by private View Post
We should definitely chat. Have you had any luck looking for other work? It's terrible out there.
For sure, I'll pm you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page