I hate mowing lawn - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I hate mowing lawn

Broke down and mowed. I just hate it. I swear everyone that walks by here throws their trash in my yard. I hit a metal wire causing the mower to shut down. Had to tip the mower on the side to get it out. Where the heck did that come from? Stupid people throwing their junk in my yard. Then also the neighbor walking his yappy dog about scared the heck out of me coming up behind me while mowing just by the curb. You must want to get hit from a projectile when the mower hits it shooting it out the side at 1000 MPH. Plus, I hate being suddenly distracted when operating equipment with a spinning blade that can sever my foot off. Then there is the social distancing thing with the COVID. Get away from me I don't want it since I have a lung tumor and it will be definitely death if I get this.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 07:45 AM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

You should get a cow or a sheep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 08:37 AM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
even just using a grass trimmer/weed eater/weed wacker or such is enough to drive me nuts. I strongly dislike the noise it makes just to cut the excessive grass that grows in the front side of my house and reason why i dont bother watering a lawn and just have complete dirt. Though when the weeds grow i manually pull them out or I just use some lawn scissors to cut them but no lawn mower for now too much decibels.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
You should get a cow or a sheep.

Neighbor where I grew up got a goat. Didn't work too well. You don't get a nice manicured lawn with a goat. Plus, that goat would come over to our house and sit in one the big chairs on that porch. Scared the crap out of my mom one morning when she was walking out that door to go to work. Freaking goat sitting on the chair right next to the door.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 12:07 PM
Barbells and kittens

I hate mowing too. I'm looking into getting one of those robot mowers. Like a Roomba for your yard. They're really not that expensive, the cheap ones start around $1000.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:04 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Pay someone to do it for you?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:23 PM
Birthday Cake Cutie

chores suck.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:28 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
My ideal is to live somewhere where nobody cares what you do with your own property and is also not a dangerous place to live. I would literally rather have a concrete "yard" than grass. Or like anything that doesn't need to be tended to all the time. Something artificial that doesn't let weeds grow. I thought maybe gravel but too many issues associated with it. I think in the future lawns will be artificial and utilitarian.

/WYSD
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 09:32 PM
Yoink

I recently bought an battery-powered electric mower from Lowe's and it starts instantly at the push of a button, is super quiet (can listen to earbuds at low volume), is light-weight, easy to maneuver, cheap ($200), has a 5 year warranty on the mower, 3 year warranty on the battery, the battery charges quickly (2 hours), easy to adjust height of all four wheels at one time, easy to lift and store, can choose from mulch or side discharge. All I need is a tool to scrap the grass from the bottom after each use. It's the rainy season here in Miami and the grass is almost never dry and sticks to the bottom.

I don't mind mowing now. It's good exercise, fresh air, vitamin d, gives me a chance to inspect the four corners of our property, clean up trash, etc.

Before I used to use a self-propelled gas mower that would never start (pull the cord dozens of times with no result), choke was broken, was super loud (required ear plugs), super heavy, and difficult to maneuver.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 01:32 AM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
I don't have to mow my yard. I pay a zillion dollars a month to the condo board and they hire people to do it. My yard is about the size of my bedroom.

What I really hate is vacuuming. Mostly because I have to do it with a little handheld dustbuster thing and have to crawl around on my hands and knees.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 02:34 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
You can get a vacume cleaner easy enough online. They don't cost to much and it will save your knees. Just stand it in a closet someplace.

The thing I hate most is all the neighbors eyes on me. I go out just before sunrise to pick weeds and mow early at 8am when its allowed by the bylaws(when I could, im in poor health atm). There is less people then and it's easier.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 01:01 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Sometimes when people buy all the other things they need that don't cost very much, there's no money left over for other things that don't cost very much.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 02:42 PM
bipolar

I didn't mind it when I was younger and fitter. I used to have to do it a lot when I was a kid - and I actually quite liked it. I love the smell of freshly-mown grass. One of the nicest smells around I'd say - really beautiful.

Nowadays my wife just gets someone to come and do it. Still get the nice smell but no effort at all.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
I don't mow anymore but when I did I liked the constant mindless movement. It was meditative in a way.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I didn't mind it when I was younger and fitter. I used to have to do it a lot when I was a kid - and I actually quite liked it. I love the smell of freshly-mown grass. One of the nicest smells around I'd say - really beautiful.

Nowadays my wife just gets someone to come and do it. Still get the nice smell but no effort at all.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 09:06 AM
SAS Member

I actually like mowing the lawn and doing other chores. I find it relaxing.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
When i was a kid i used to mow lawns for people in town. Let me tell you, some people were very particular(or peculiar?) about the way you mowed their lawns.

This one guy was always so annoying, he watched me from beginning to end to make sure i did it the way he wanted lol. I hated that prick and funny enough he paid less than other people.

What is a man?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 02:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I've never mowed a lawn before in my life.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 12:35 PM
lagrimas negras

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for that because of the heat but once I get started, I find it relaxing.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2020, 01:21 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I don't particularly like it but somebody has to do it, none of my family would ever do it anyway, I used to like it ok as a teen, mow lawns for neighbours for some spending money, but the novelty wore off.

No work today so I tidied up around our house properly for the first time in 2 months.

My mother/sister let's the dog poop in the lawn & doesn't pick it up & the dog also carries stones into it which is annoying.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page