i hate being human - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
alive

i hate being human

All the problems in the world is due to our primitive dumb brains. We are not evolved enough. Our stupid human brains are too limited and make tons of errors. I want out of this awful body and diseased brain.

Everyone is flawed, including me, and I'm tired of dealing with my flaws and other people's flaws.

I don't even want to socialize in real life because people's flaws always come out and annoy me. And my flaws come out and annoy them. Maybe if I didn't have mental illness I'd put up with it, but with mental illness it feels not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 09:06 PM
SAS Member

I think most people are dumb. I don't mind if someone has flaws, if they are interesting or unique people to begin with. The problem for me that drives me crazy is that everyone is vaguely the same, in their way of thinking. It is like people are just cookie cutter versions of themselves. Very few people are interesting, unique and original. Even those people, I generally don't get along with. My biggest flaw is that i am too negative, but I feel everyone else is too positive. I think if people have dumb flaws like say the same stupid things over and over, or dumb mindless habits, that makes me nuts. If people have flaws that I find interesting where they stand out from the crowd or original, i think i could put up with them, but that is extremely rare. I just don't think i have the energy to put up with or deal with anyone or anything at this point. People's flaws and stupidity is the tip of the iceberg. Just saying hello and making small-talk with someone is enough to make me run for the hills now, is how fed up I am with it all
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 09:59 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
I think our problems are due more to our intelligence than our primitive brains. Most wild animals are incredibly primitive and live pretty much on pure instinct. And they survive in the wild with no tools, no clothing and primitive shelter. They are born with everything they need to live.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Fupa King

Language: English
Just intelligent enough to mess up the world in more elaborate ways, just primitive enough to be ignorant of possible consequences to our actions.

It doesn't really bother me that much that we're imperfect sometimes.

Life's Wack
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yeah me too. Or well I hate existing on this planet it's basically hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 01:58 PM
drifting in mist

I hate being a malfunctioning human doomed to isolation and failure. I don't think being human itself is the worst thing if you're able to enjoy the good things in life and fulfill whatever your purpose is. Looking at someone like Alex trebek, that seems like a life well lived.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 05:04 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
Don't think I've ever felt like one.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 07:10 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
Human collectivistic tendencies in terms of socializing doesn't help, especially if it's not in one's favor. Even if people claim that we're individualistic, we aren't completely due to the need of aligning with other people's perspectives and actions - hence we have religion as one prime example. It's part of the innate instinct to connect or else we would cease to exist.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 08:10 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by donistired View Post
Just intelligent enough to mess up the world in more elaborate ways, just primitive enough to be ignorant of possible consequences to our actions.

It doesn't really bother me that much that we're imperfect sometimes.
It bothers me that we're unequal in our level of "perfection".
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 08:13 PM
🌱🐌

My Mood: Angelic
Me too, but my choices are limited & there's no easy way out, so seeing as I apparently don't automatically qualify for a darwin award, I might as well hang around a while.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2020, 07:10 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Honestly, if I'm going to be alive it all, it might as well be as a human, even if a depressed and suicidal one. The animal world is ridiculously brutal. Come to think of it, a plant without any capacity for thought, emotion or pain would be better.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2020, 10:14 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Well being human is the only way you can live in this world. You cant transform into a sheep or a elephant. So make the best of the life you have. The only other option and death and that isnt a good one. You can find some joy in your day to day life despite your problems. Enjoy what you are able to.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 10:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Paranoid
I enjoy it when I notice other peoples flaws. It makes me feel less inferior to them.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2020, 02:44 AM
SAS Member

To be human is to suffer.

You can’t exist without suffering so it’s natural that with happiness comes sadness. Pleasure can’t exist without the opposite.

I believe that we’re destined to fail repeatedly and continue to kill each other. Our flawed existence has a history and an ultimate purpose that we as mere humans can’t fathom yet. I think that free will is the reason why we can never have true happiness and world peace. As long as each person has their own will, we will always clash because we all want things to be a certain way and simultaneously wanting the same things too.

I accept my flaws but it doesn’t mean I like them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page