I had way too much to drink... - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Prince Procrastinator

I had way too much to drink...

And threw up all over my house. Great.

But that's not what I feel bad about. Sure I have a hangover now and don't feel topnotch, but I'd rather feel physical pain than emotional pain. Now I feel both.

I'm so emberassed right now, although I don't know if I should.

The short story is... I was at a party. I drank. A lot. Me being me was drinking on an empty stomach. I can handle a couple of beers... But this time I got wasted very quickly. There are gaps in my memory of the whole event; my being there and going home. But I feel like I acted like a retarded douche. I fear that when I see my fellow party-goers again, I'll be a laughing stock.

You see, I'm known as a shy/introverted/not-much-to-say type of guy. They love this type of stuff. ''Daxter got totally wasted!'' I can already hear them say with a snicker in their voice.

I don't remember if I threw up AT the party... that's my biggest fear.

And I thought I was on a roll. Having beers, chatting, dancing. And then I screw up. Big time.

I wish I didn't remember anything. Ignorance is bliss...

...without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:26 AM
SAS Member

Was there anyone at the party (if you remember) that you can trust? That you talk to @least semi frequently?
If so ask em how you acted, what he/she herd other people if anything about you? etc..
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Prince Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzhousexyz View Post
Was there anyone at the party (if you remember) that you can trust? That you talk to @least semi frequently?
If so ask em how you acted, what he/she herd other people if anything about you? etc..
My best friend actually. But I'm scared of asking.

Also about my OP, if I sound like I'm contradicting myself... I do remember the basic gist of it all. I mean, I got there, got drunk, talked and danced, and went home. I remember a lot of things until a certain point at the party, after that there are holes in the chain of events here and there. After that moment, all I can really remember is a guy trying to help me get home, asking me where I live and stuff. I remember falling off my bike on the way home. I remember throwing up at home and falling asleep. That's it.

I guess the logic here is that if I got so wasted I forgot stuff, I must've acted like a retard. I had already slapped a girl's behind after just a couple of beers... Who knows what I'm capable of when I'm Wasted-Man.

...without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
On Standby...

You really have to be careful when drinking around others. I went round to my best friend s house once and there was a few of us there. I drank way more than i should have (on an empty stomach because i don t like eating in front of others) and i got so drunk i was up all night throwing up in HIS bathroom.

I felt so bad in the morning, not from the booze, it was all just because of the embarrassment. I know we ve all got a few embarrassing instances in our memories but i really hate it when 'friends' keep on bringing them up. What exactly are they trying to accomplish by that other than making u feel bad.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
I've been there many times. I did my share of embarrassing things and my friends would bring it up, but I think it actually made our bond stronger.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Been there, done that. I don't regret it, though.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
SAS Member

At least you didn't throw up after one beer and trying to drink a cup in slap cup although I got over that quickly which was weird for me.

No chains on my feet but Im not free- Bob Marley
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Grind

Well..

when i used to drink, i got kindof messed up and blacked out for a little bit and supposively choked my friend...

its really nothing to be embarrased about...

I'm nothin short
Of a
Circumcised d*** head
--Mr. SandMan--
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
dax
Losing Ground

Don't worry about it dude...just goes with the territory..we've all been there, everyone who drinks ends up doing something dumb once in a while. It could be a lot worse- trust me, I've done so much worse and seen others do so many stupid things- one of my friends got a DUI just a year ago- now that's really dumb.

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
SAS Member

I agree, pretty much everyone's done it. I've been really embarrassed and thought that I've ruined everything after a night of drinking but people seem to be sympathetic because they've done it too most likely. They also realize that you were just having fun, and if you were intoxicated they don't hold it against you.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 AM
SAS Member

You'd rather feel physical pain than emotional pain? That's what alcohol is for, to numb the pain. You sound exceedingly paranoid and like you are majorly catastrophising..So you puked? Big deal. I've done way worse crap..taken a dump on a neighbours lawn, crapped in a besa block and wiped my arse with a firehose, slept in the park or a garden numerous times, had panic attacks due to massive hangovers, gone to work stinking drunk, puked all over myself after drinking and bongs etc. Trust me, it's a relatively accepted thing in younger social circles to get trashed. If you don't want to make a fool of yourself, you have to control your drinking or not do it at all. But the reality is most people don't care. Just enjoy it if you like getting drunk, and ride out the hangover like you would a case of the flu or something. It will end and then you can do it all again next weekend. You always have a choice, the victim mentality is not going to help you.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
SAS Member

I agree with these peeps, I KNOW I POSTED ALREADY. But yeah it happens to everyone, and when i do something dumb in front of "real" friends it's actually a bonding expeirence.
I have a story..
Once, i was drinking (on an empty stomach) I was drinking hard, vodka. And i took someone to the train station, and when i got back on, it took me exactly two second to black out sitting on the train. I don't know what happend but I woke up several stops pass mine, and i had a headache. few mins later i felt my head and there was blood, i looked at myself in the window of the train and i had a bruise running down my forehead to my chin, blood and soreness. I later figured I did a header into one of the poles on the train, and either got back on a seat myself or the kinda comuters helped me out.
ANOTHER time years before that, I fell asleep on a train after drinking, and woke up for 5 sec. just enough time to throw up on the floor right in front of where i was sitting, and i all i saw was people's feet backing away. and then i went back to sleep
...i kinda enjoy those memories actually. =p
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Been there, done that. When I was drinking I always drank to excess. I had so many blackouts and have done so many stupid things. And throwing up? All the time. I was remember having such horrible hangovers too. Worst one was downing an entire bottle of Southern Comfort 100 proof. It's a miracle I didn't die of alcohol poisoning!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
subtastic

I think we've all been there. It seems painfully embarrassing now, but maybe one day you can look back and laugh.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Prince Procrastinator

Thanks guys. I think I'll get over it in time, that is, if people don't bring it up every 5 seconds or so. Which they haven't yet, so yes, I am paranoid as hell.

I do think it is kind of funny. And part of it excites me. I FORGOT ENTIRE HOURS! That's... weird (I know it's normal if you get wasted but I hadn't experienced something like that yet so) but strangely exciting.

Thanks, all of you've made me feel better.

And I now know my true limits.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I kind of wonder if anything really did happen. You would have heard something by now - something is up with that then.

If you really have to know, ask your friend. Other than that, please don't try it again. I'd hate to be at your house with the smell

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

i wouldnt worry about it, wait.... did you say you were dancing? yeah i dont know ive done and said some pretty stupid and regretful things when i was drunk but how did you gain the courage to get jiggy with it?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Prince Procrastinator

Yeah, I suppose. My friend did tell another friend who wasn't there and all he told me was ''Hey alcoholic, I've heard a funny story.''

Really, I don't want to know, but I suppose nothing special did happen. I think I'm pretty harmless even when drunk. I will hear a few things eventually.

And the throwing up. Oh god, LOL! Man, I was really a dumb drunk. Why didn't I go to the bathroom? Instead I threw up on the floor and into bowls and stuff.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page