I feel so deeply..... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I feel so deeply.....

Hey guys, so I sometimes envy those who have the ability to be offensive and not care what others think and the people who are straight up mean. I know that being like that is wrong but sometimes those people seem happier beleive it or not (I could name famous people but I'm not going to). Also, I feel like I cant show my genuine emotions anymore. In the past I have been vulnerable only to be told that I'm weak or acting like a baby. I just put on a smile and pretend I like you or feel good when I really dont. I struggle to feel like my emotions are even valid because of what has been said to me regarding them. I act happy, but I really am not. I sometimes wish I had no empathy, so I would not feel so bad for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

Deep down I think people in general like mean people better than boring people. At least mean people give them a personality to bounce off of, a worthy verbal and social opponent of sorts. Whereas us quiet, boring folks are just lumps on the side of the road.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 11:32 AM
alien monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter Toast View Post
Deep down I think people in general like mean people better than boring people. At least mean people give them a personality to bounce off of, a worthy verbal and social opponent of sorts. Whereas us quiet, boring folks are just lumps on the side of the road.
I am not like a lump on the side of the road

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 01:40 PM
SAS Member

Same. I envy them too. It's like they don't notice (out of inability or willpower) or feel something that looks and feels glaringly obvious to me. Could be someone's change in tone, vague comment that obviously holds a hidden feeling, or, worse, when they tell me their tale of woe, I have to frigging feel it as if I were them. It always reminds me of that scene in Perks of Being a Wallflower where he asks the therapist how he can stop seeing 'it'. I even see it in those who are mean and offensive, whether they act that way or that's just them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 03:57 AM
Wash Away The Rain

Language: English, Japanese (WIP)
I suspect it's just a facade & barrier to deflect true intent & emotion, likely just a coping mechanism; except instead of humour, or alcohol or whatever else, it's making other people feel inferior to themselves.

These types of people also tend to be unable to deal with someone returning the favour and completely shutdown.

Doesn't look like anything to me
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:39 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Sometimes it does seem like giving up your humanity is what it takes to be happy. Although I can tell you from personal experience that people who seem mean are not necessarily showing their real face. Sometimes it's just battle armor to avoid getting hurt because the general social atmosphere has become so hostile that you almost feel like you have to get people before they get you.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page