I feel so Abnormal because everyone has a Facebook except me - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Even more abnormal, I have a false Facebook account where I stalk people. You'd be surprised how many people accept random friend requests. I have over 150 "friends", none of them know me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 02:32 PM
SAS Member

Well...

Why do you feel abnormal?

Feel proud. You're one of the lucky few who doesn't have to live life constantly seeking the attention of others—not to mention through an endless barrage of expectations and unnecessary conversations.

I like life that way. I think it's less stressful.

I don't like having to check my phone every 5 seconds as a habit.

I'd rather wait for folks to call me or email me.

I'll be honest and say I had a FB, but eventually terminated my account due to reasons beyond my control. I feel better for doing so.

Granted, I never used like everyone else, but it feels like I can keep myself more focused and happy without it.

I'll see family in reunions, so I don't need them begging on my wall every 10-min.

Just be happy you don't have to go through the whole ordeal...

Just my two cents.

- T.R.G.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Giggity

My Mood: Lurking
I had a Facebook for a good 3 years. Don't get it, it ruins your life. So does every other social media site but Facebook was the worst one. There's literally no reason to get it if it's for personal use, all it's good for is to complain about 1st world problems, comment about irrelevant things, and post dumb pictures nobody cares about.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 05:07 PM
late bloomer

You're not missing anything. Don't worry.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Tired
I have a Facebutt and going on makes me feel completely abnormal. Seeing people dating, having friends, doing things and going place while smiling, etc. It's good that these people are happy but at the same time it's hard to fathom that so many have fulfilling lives while I have no life at all.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM
The Real Kim Shady

My Mood: Lurking
I don't have a Facebook account anymore.

I am abnormal, though. Meh.

Life is not fair. Neither is mercy. This is the beauty of symmetry. -ME
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 04:31 AM
forever single

Hi @Koloz . Facebook isn't a mandatory requirement in life, although you'd think you were mistaken judging by how today's painfully socialable society works. I had an account for about five years. I closed it down just over a year ago in November 2014. Let's just say for about three and a half of those years on there, I found it to be a complete waste of my time. Depressing also. Put together with cyber-snubbing, I closed it and honestly to this day I feel it's been one of the best decisions I've made in recent years. If you aren't a popular person and don't have a small 'army' of friends, Facebook is pointless. No one will comment on what you’re doing, few people will become friends with you and all you see is how everyone else is steamrollering on with all of life's progressions whilst you stand still. Seriously – don't bother.

Put it this way. After I closed my account, it was five months later before anyone actually noticed I wasn't on there any more. The person who asked sits right opposite me in work… That says all you need to know… It was almost eight months before the first of my relatives noticed...

I know 'of' snapchat but what it actually does is something that I still don't understand. All I see is people giggling into their eye-wateringly expensive smartphones for a few seconds and well….that appears to be it. I don't get it. Meanwhile again, with zero friends and a ten year old Nokia slider-phone, I probably wouldn't anyway…

Instagram and Tumblr are also two forms of social media that go over my head also. I've no idea where to start with either of those – so I've never bothered. Again, it seems you need a small army of friends in order to make it worthwhile.

"My life is an endless purgatory, interrupted by profound moments of misery"

My Blog: https://haymansafc.wordpress.com/
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:48 AM
SAS Member

Not everyone has a Facebook. I know a guy who is a social butterfly and is really popular but doesn't have a fb. Even my dorm RA doesn't have a fb because he thinks it's a waste of time, but he is a very social person.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl96 View Post
Anyone with a brain knows that facebook is dead. Most of the cool kidz seem to have moved on to snapchat or instagram these days. That's what i've noticed atleast but idk as i never go on there.
Seriously, facebook is dead. It's never gonna get back to it's popularity that it had when i joined in 2011. It's pointless to get it now. It's a waste of time. Twitter is a billion times better. Twitter is like a newspaper. If you follow the right people and check the trends, you will know what's going on in the world a week before the facebook peeps do.
Not in my country. Everyone uses Facebook here. EVERYONE. If you don't have one, it either means you lost your account (and you're trying to recover it right now) or you're 50+ and don't know how to use computers. The first thing people ask after you meet them is "what's your fb?". Or when seeing an old friend again. I literally don't know anyone that doesn't have a FB other than me and my family. Every neighbor, ex neighbor, ex classmate etc. has one.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Nordision

My Mood: Lonely
If it's not a must have for you, you really don't need one, it's stupid and ****ty, I made my facebook just because the person especially my family moved from yahoo to facebook so it was a musthave for me to have a facebook to keep in touch with my parents and my family, I wanted to remain on yahoo, I don't have any picture and nothing about me at my profile, it's stupid, and I even like it makes my social anxiety worse, really if you don't need one, don't make one.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:36 AM
dead

My Mood: Dead
I quit facebook because of all the attention seeking freaks. The needy, insecure people who need constant reassurance every 5 minutes go to Facebook. You must be better than all of that.

We are all dead
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I know what you mean. Back in HS people would look at me like a weirdo when they asked me to follow them or add them on face book, and I told them I didn't have one.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
🌸 女王 🌸

Language: english / swedish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth View Post
Not in my country. Everyone uses Facebook here. EVERYONE. If you don't have one, it either means you lost your account (and you're trying to recover it right now) or you're 50+ and don't know how to use computers. The first thing people ask after you meet them is "what's your fb?". Or when seeing an old friend again. I literally don't know anyone that doesn't have a FB other than me and my family. Every neighbor, ex neighbor, ex classmate etc. has one.
Perhaps i just spend too little time talking to people irl then. Because online where i hang, aka mostly twitter or tumblr, it's popular to hate facebook. We laugh at people who still uses facebook. But in real life...yeah, i guess most people might still care about facebook. I wouldn't know. And if that's the case and people would ever ask me for my facebook, then i will proudly tell them that it's the lamest website in the world.

✨🌙 ✨ 외로운 눈물로 미소 짓고 있어 ✨🌙 ✨
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Not dead yet

Quote:
Perhaps i just spend too little time talking to people irl then. Because online where i hang, aka mostly twitter or tumblr, it's popular to hate facebook. We laugh at people who still uses facebook. But in real life...yeah, i guess most people might still care about facebook. I wouldn't know. And if that's the case and people would ever ask me for my facebook, then i will proudly tell them that it's the lamest website in the world.
Why would you laugh at people using facebook when you're doing the same thing but on a different website?
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Permanently Banned

And the award for most punchable face goes to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardUglyWeirdo View Post
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:25 PM
SAS Member

I've never had one, then again my mom is the only person I ever speak to.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:35 PM
not a user title

My Mood: Fine
I've never had a Facebook either. Even back in high school when I had a group of friends I didn't bother with it. I've been asked to sign up to it before for various reasons, but I've always declined for good reasons.

I just don't find people's lives or pictures in general to be exciting, I find it rather dull. Not to mention that Facebook also sells all your personal information which is a big no-no for me.

It's sad that privacy has become a null and void in the age of social media. It's as if we have to share every single little bit of information about ourselves with everyone.

I don't think you need a Facebook profile to be successful in social life. My brother has one from long ago, but he hasn't logged on in ages and he still has no problems getting laid or going out with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe26 View Post
Even more abnormal, I have a false Facebook account where I stalk people. You'd be surprised how many people accept random friend requests. I have over 150 "friends", none of them know me.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 PM
🌸 女王 🌸

Language: english / swedish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth View Post
Why would you laugh at people using facebook when you're doing the same thing but on a different website?
They're not the same thing though. Sure, they might be if you treat other websites like facebook and keep and personal profile and add classmates and stuff. But the people i see on my timelines, and who share my opinions on facebook, we're more anonymous. We use twitter/tumblr to be honest. We complain, talk about the bad stuff in life and we don't pretend to be perfect like people do on facebook. And facebook is always late wíth jokes and news. Which is why we find it funny and pathetic when people use still facebook. It's a bit hard to explain, but yeah.

✨🌙 ✨ 외로운 눈물로 미소 짓고 있어 ✨🌙 ✨
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Not dead yet

Quote:
They're not the same thing though. Sure, they might be if you treat other websites like facebook and keep and personal profile and add classmates and stuff. But the people i see on my timelines, and who share my opinions on facebook, we're more anonymous. We use twitter/tumblr to be honest. We complain, talk about the bad stuff in life and we don't pretend to be perfect like people do on facebook. And facebook is always late wíth jokes and news. Which is why we find it funny and pathetic when people use still facebook. It's a bit hard to explain, but yeah.
I'm pretty sure you use tumblr to spam stupid random pics that don't mean anything. That's every tumblr page ever.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by indielife View Post
Ha. Yup, sort of.

But with the exception of a few ex high school classmates who I'm curious to know how they're doing, most of my "friends" are either religiously or politically involved (public figures or they run websites). I use Facebook mainly to keep up with news and articles that people post on both topics.

Oh, and I like to watch the fights (insert that dude's expression).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page