I feel like I'm five..... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I feel like I'm five.....

Hey guys, so I often feel like I dont deserve anything nice or even to be treated well by other people. I asked my dad if we could go to the park that was far away and he said he didnt feel like going because he just woke up. I have not been doing well in quarantine because staying at home too long has always been bad for my mental health, so I went to my room and cried. My dad found me crying and told me we could go to the park. Now I just feel like a four year old who got what they wanted by crying but I'm 20. I feel like I'm regressing in alot of ways. I never cried when I didnt get what I wanted when I was a little kid. I also never through tantrums and was quite mature of for my age. Now I cry when things dont go my way and its embarrassing. I feel like I'm making up for my childhood in alot of ways. I also feel bad when people do nice things for me.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 01:11 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Iíll just let you know.. the world is huge and infinite so there is an infinite amount of feelings and emotions that we can go through. I remember feeling strange and childlike when my dad bought me some Air Force ones when I was 18. I wanted to show off to my friendís at the time and just felt odd leaving the mall. I felt thankful for my dad buying them but my intention was to show off. I guess itís just a change in your mind but it feels like much more. Life is full of wonder and darkness.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 04:13 AM
SAS Member

hey you come across nice/mature to me based on the fact that you can reflect on your self and question if your behaviour is appropraite.....thats a nice characteristic....in no way then is your behaviour immature.....we can all cry at times! Thats life

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 09:21 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitegalaxycat View Post
Hey guys, so I often feel like I dont deserve anything nice or even to be treated well by other people. I asked my dad if we could go to the park that was far away and he said he didnt feel like going because he just woke up. I have not been doing well in quarantine because staying at home too long has always been bad for my mental health, so I went to my room and cried. My dad found me crying and told me we could go to the park. Now I just feel like a four year old who got what they wanted by crying but I'm 20. I feel like I'm regressing in alot of ways. I never cried when I didnt get what I wanted when I was a little kid. I also never through tantrums and was quite mature of for my age. Now I cry when things dont go my way and its embarrassing. I feel like I'm making up for my childhood in alot of ways. I also feel bad when people do nice things for me.....
I think its the stress of the quarantine. It's affecting all of us in different ways. I think its also made all of the desensitization work that we SA people have worked hard on, redundant. So It kinda makes sense what you're going through because we've all just been told to stay in our comfort zone and this is what happens.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page