I feel like a child trapped in an adults body - Page 6 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #101 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybunny View Post
Holy ****! This just described me in a nutshell. I've got other issues and social anxiety isn't my too concern right now, but I'm interested in finding out more about where you are in life right now. I know this is an old post. I hope this gets to you
Gonna have to try harder than that, sweetie.

Quote:
I know there are also problems for guys at this age, but for a female the old saying "the ****ing clock is ticking" still holds true for the most part. The more I realize how men really think the more I just wanna stop trying. What's the point? I may as well be better off dying as an old dog lady. Dogs are not going to abandon me because of my old *** body when I'm 80. Oh yeah plus I have high standards, so there's that. Technically, we both have to pick from the leftovers. Even if I have a resonably good chance of finding a young stud who for some unforeseeable reason is willing to humour me there's no telling if he'll leave me once he finds out how ****ed up I am. I know how superficial I am. What's a hypocrite to do?

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 PM
SAS Member

I feel like a child trapped into a slightly older child's body.

“Honest to God, Bill, the way things are going, all I can think of is that I'm a character in a book by somebody who wants to write about somebody who suffers all the time.” ― Kilgore Trout

"I need to die" - Anonymous
"I'm just like...blaaaah. Effort? WTF is that? hahahaha" - Anonymous
"Love is a luxury" - Astron92
"One day you will look back at your life and you will only see your computer." - Nilufar
post #103 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 10:04 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
Quote:
Holy ****! This just described me in a nutshell. I've got other issues and social anxiety isn't my too concern right now, but I'm interested in finding out more about where you are in life right now. I know this is an old post. I hope this gets to you
Gonna have to try harder than that, sweetie.

Quote:
I know there are also problems for guys at this age, but for a female the old saying "the ****ing clock is ticking" still holds true for the most part. The more I realize how men really think the more I just wanna stop trying. What's the point? I may as well be better off dying as an old dog lady. Dogs are not going to abandon me because of my old *** body when I'm 80. Oh yeah plus I have high standards, so there's that. Technically, we both have to pick from the leftovers. Even if I have a resonably good chance of finding a young stud who for some unforeseeable reason is willing to humour me there's no telling if he'll leave me once he finds out how ****ed up I am. I know how superficial I am. What's a hypocrite to do?
Huh? You don't like what I said I guess? I've no idea what try harder means. Can you tell me how life is going for you?

post #104 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:51 AM
SAS Member

See r/nevergrewup on reddit
post #105 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelsey View Post
Think about it, experiences are what you need to grow up. So if you feel like staying the same, wouldn't that make you 10 forever? even if you turn 30, 40, 50 .. ? And from where i am, i can tell you 1 thing that it's much easier in your 20s to try to get out, connect with people.
This is so true. I just made a thread and this is basically what I was trying to say but got it all jumled up.
post #106 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: English, Dutch, French, German
My Mood: Angry
Lion'O is also a kid trapped in an adults body (Thundercats)
post #107 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:50 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie175 View Post
See r/nevergrewup on reddit
I was invited there, but the sub is just too dead. :/

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #108 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I feel like a teenager trapped in a teenagers body.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
The teeth have long departed
Yet the desire burns strong
On in desire for destruction
One on which she'll depend
One that ceases to deepen
Too near bitter end

Black through the mountains
She turns her loosening ring
Guardian angel sings
"I think you've lost your wings, but you're still yours
You're still yours, you're still yours"

post #109 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:53 PM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrowisalongtime View Post
Lion'O is also a kid trapped in an adults body (Thundercats)
I still watch Thundercats. Or, I would except my ex took the DVDs when they left.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #110 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post

I still watch Thundercats. Or, I would except my ex took the DVDs when they left.
...I used to love thundercats as a child, looking back now though some of those outfits looked like some sort of weird bondage gimp sort of stuff XD

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #111 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:07 PM
lagrimas negras

I'm an adult damn it! 😧
Posted via Mobile Device
post #112 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:26 PM
SAS Member

I feel adult enough but then not as i don't know everything that a great adult would know to do but compared to other adults at a certain age i feel and look a lot younger.
post #113 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:58 AM
SAS Member

I've always felt like this. My school days seem like yesterday. I want to track down and talk to my old schoolmates, but I think they probably don't remember me and have done so many important things since then. I, on the other hand, haven't managed to accomplish much and would seem sad and pitiful. I think I feel like a child because I've never really been able to present myself from anything but a position of subservience. I've found so little respect or admiration in my life, I can't believe I'm grown up. In my marriage I'm definitely beneath my wife. She knows how to get her way and I have not response but to get mad. When I try to be assertive, it most often backfires and I give up. I've never 'won' a haggle over price, so I just give up and pay whatever a seller asks. When I try to sell something, I've never been able to stick to my price... Jeez. I'm just rambling now.

The other day the local radio guy was asking people (to generate content) what they wanted on their tombstone. I couldn't think of anything at the time, and now this morning it came to me. I think I'd put, "I'm glad that's over with".
post #114 of 115 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 09:55 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
See r/nevergrewup on reddit. I was invited there, but the sub is just too dead. :/
It's a little better now
post #115 of 115 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 10:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinia View Post
Really? I can't tell you what that means to hear that. I am honestly in tears. Everyday is so hard, since I am trying to hide this from people. It is making me so tired that I can hardly wake up in the morning.
Im sure there are thousands of people in this world similar to you if not millions. So your not alone.

Keeping a youthful outlook is healthy in a lot of ways. However playing with kids toys in your 20's probaly is not. But you are able to get serious when you need to I assume? You made it through college. Do you have a job as well? If so that shows maturity.

Have you been able to date and carry on adult relationships? If so thats a good sign as well and shows you just dont relate to kids.

I was bullied as well very badly and in screws up your confidence and social skills. So its a good explantation of why you are the way your are right now.

Talk therapy (CBT) may help you or the rights meds. They can have side effects so watch out for them

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page