I f****** hate my mom - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pialicious88 View Post
I can't stand her, she has OCD and depression, you can't say anything to her because she gets offended, she wants to control everything i do, i can't even get out of the bathroom without this b**** asking me if i washed my hands..how f**** up is that?, when i wanna hang out with someone the only thing that she doesnt ask me is what blood type the person has, and she's always right about everything and i can't say anything against her because my dad defends her, he's always on her side, she's like the untouchable princess over here, i hate her so much i feel punching the s*** outta her. When i was a kid she overprotected me (still does) and she wouldnt let me hang out with other kids my age, so she clearly is the one to blame for my anxiety issues, but no according to her therapist that's not her fault, in front of others she is all sweet and kind but at home she's psychotic obsessive mess, i wanna find a job so bad just so i can get the hell away from her.

to say i wanna see her dead would be an understatement
OCD and depression are just labels to describe many people who like to be whiny little pricks who like to control everything or like to feel sorry for themselves and then turn around and say "but I have ocd or its bc I'm depressed" TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FEELINGS. NOBODY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW YOU FEEL BUT YOURSELF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
who am i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimity View Post
OCD and depression are just labels to describe many people who like to be whiny little pricks who like to control everything or like to feel sorry for themselves and then turn around and say "but I have ocd or its bc I'm depressed" TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FEELINGS. NOBODY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW YOU FEEL BUT YOURSELF.
dude....someone could say the exact same to you...or any of us regarding social anxiety.

"it's like she dun woke up mad like her husband had bought her the wrong cereal..."
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKaw...eature=related

i'm going to punch you in the baby maker.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkwardNisa View Post
dude....someone could say the exact same to you...or any of us regarding social anxiety.
Don't pay attention to him. He's just one of those people that think our vast collective knowledge regarding mental disorders is actually mythology, and that everything we know is made up.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 PM
wasd'r

I say do your best to maintain your composure while you prepare for your escape.

as for work, look into medical assistants and/or medical biller and move to any city you want since these job titles are always in demand everywhere and pay decently for entry lv jobs (30-35k a yr) probably more with over time

knowing a second language helps a lot too
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
SAS Member

Thread edited.

If you can't word your replies constructively and without resorting to rudeness and name calling, don't bother posting at all.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 09:05 AM
SAS Member

I so hate my mom too... Well i can't even take calling her mom. Urggh! I thought when i get older, maybe late 20's i would forget about hating her. But here i am. Still hate her. I personally know why. She is i guess the most narrow-minded person in the world. Because she has no patience at all in understanding your side. All she cares about is her stupid pride and stupid logic. She does not accept any explanations because for her she is always right.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 10:50 PM
SAS Member

Considering you also have issues you should try to under she probably isn't out to get you. I can't imagine having ocd and depression. You should be more patient with her. Treat others the Way you want to be treated even if you aren't treated the way you want or should be. I understand you get aggravated with me but have her because she struggles severely with her issues?
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 10:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkwardNisa View Post
Very true. Some individuals are not realizing how hypocritical their statements are. If you are here you probably have a social anxiety. You know how it feels when people don't understand what you go through and that also goes for people with issues such as depression and ocd.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM
RespectNature

Damn...My mother...well, according to psychologists she is narcissistic and depressive.Okay, so she is mentally ill.
She never allowed me to have my own bed as a kid, or as I was growing up.She didn't accept to move in with dad so I can have my own room.She never let me have friends.She only let fake people around me.She always knew how to manipulate my feelings so I'd end up taking her side even when she was wrong and I knew it.She always succeeded to blind me.
She never took my side when I was bullied in school.I have a heart illness and back in 8th grade I almost had a heart attack.If it wasn't for someone else in the family who called the ambulance to take me to the hospital, I would have died cause mom only stood and watched as I was feeling worse by the minute.
When I dropped out of school she did everything to try to force me to go back.She called me selfish.She turned everyone against me.She even took pills to "try to commit suicide" only to blame me for it.She tried to lock me up in a mental hospital.
All the things she did...She only gave me birth because her sister had a child too.She forced me to have a guitar because her sister has musical talent and a guitar and she doesn't have musical talent and she always wanted to achieve her failed dreams through me.
She drove my dad away.She wanted me all for herself.She had me too tight tied around her.
You know what?It would bother me if she died.But it would also be a comfort.I hate her bunches yet I also pity her.I am a human being.I'm concerned about her and at the same time I would be more than glad to never have to see her again.She forces everyone to take care of her.All she wants is money.But someone else's money.She wants to write and publish a book.But she wants someone else to struggle to publish.She wants to publish on someone else's money.
I was thinking of starting a thread about how much I despise her, but it made no sense...since there was already a thread.Someone else's thread.But I understand how you feel.You are not ungrateful, you are not a brat, as someone has said.It is completely normal to feel what you feel.And I am so so sorry for everyone who has to go through growing up/living with parents like them.It would have been better if she gave me up.To an orphanage, or for adoption.I would of been better off without her.

"I respect the secrets and magic of nature.That's what makes me angry when I see these things that are happening in our world.
I love the planet.I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet.
Cause the planet is sick, like a fever.If we don't fix it now, it is at the point of no return.
Let's take care of the planet!"
-Michael Jackson
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Aka Victoria The Warrior

My Mood: Tired
Cool

Yes mum.. Ok mum...it hurts to agree but it shuts them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBjBeAF View Post
If it's any consolation, she does love you. Last time I checked people weren't overprotecting of others because they couldn't care less about them.

And another thing...

That is a bit too much. Just my two cents.
My mum is a huge pain in the ***..I get abused over the phone since I don't live with her. When I do pick up the phone as I feel ready to talk with her, I can't moaned at as to why I didn't pick the phone up the day before - then she'll do the hang up on me thing lol, ( Control) I just laugh about it now and don't get stressed, I'll miss her giving me a headache one day - I know she cares, deep down..never wish your parent dead.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Worried
Let's see...
Gave birth to you? Check
Loves you? Check
Raised you? Check

Yeah, I see why you would ****ing hate her. What a horrible person she is. And you're not ungrateful at all, oh no you're not.

And she has OCD and depression you say? Yeah, perfect reasons to hate someone. Who cares about being understanding and patient with her. I mean, having SA is fine, but depression and OCD...oh no..
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pialicious88 View Post
lmao me too, i wasnt even interested in going to college before but now im seriously considering it just so i cant get out of here.
My mother has OCD too and all she's yells about is cleaning up she never yells about nothing important (like yelling for motivation) she's depressed to, so she cry's so much(it is the most annoying thing in the world) and she doesn't care that I have SAD shea think what I have is a joke and its my excuse for not wanting to grow up when I am literally scared to go outside of my house for a long time because I am scared of what people will say about me. I am transferring colleges next year and I'll be living there so I am so happy about that, I really look forward to it.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 AM
SAS Member

Language: I speak amurrican..
Has she ever physically or verbally abused you on top of that?

You describe your folks in a similar way to mine (mom can do no wrong, dad always takes her side and is there to defend her honor). I would of loved to trade the emotional neglect, fighting, yelling, dissing, hitting for some properly placed OCD. Or 'overprotecting'

If you cant honestly say your parents had no ability to create a safe environment for a growing kid and take actions to enable his/her potential in life, your parents can't be all that bad.

The problem I face now as an adult is my parents trying to interact with me without even addressing all the wrong that went on or being intellectually dishonest about certain points of view. It's a extremely vapid dialog and I often find myself 'walking on eggshells'.
Not at any point do they even empathize with that I'm struggling with in life. Almost as if I deserve these things for 'leaving the church'. And I'm otherwise wrong about anything else. They show this by raising their voice and posturing me. So I never tell them 'whats on my mind'. They have just a ton of baggage on their own and its all they can do to manage their emotions. When that stuff starts to leak out, I can't hang.

Cut your mom some slack. At least she's not slapping you around and calling you 'stupid' and spends 90% of her energy feeling sorry for herself.

-As always-
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Giggity

My Mood: Lurking
I wish my dad would take my mother's side but nope he doesn't respect her one bit and they get into multiple arguments everyday. My dad is super overprotective of everyone in the family, including my mom. My mom works from 3 pm to 11 pm and my dad gets extremely paranoid that she's sleeping with another guy so he drives by her workplace just to check up on her... he also picks her up. It's pretty sad that someone can't trust their significant other and this has been happening ever since my mom was married. My dad is overprotective of me too, he would never let me sleepover at a friend's birthday party unless he's close to the parents.

My dad is also physically abusive towards my mom (and brother). The police were called to our apartment once because me, my mom, and brother were all screaming for him to stop abusing my mother but he wouldn't. We moved into a house quickly after which I think my dad chose because nobody could hear him abusing the family.

My parents got into a fight again and I was watching them since they were literally screaming off the top of their lungs right next to my room. My dad had enough and pushed her down the stairs... my mother's head cracked open and blood spewed everywhere, mind you I was only 11 or 12. My whole family was in tears but my dad continued yelling at her and telling her she deserved it. I grabbed my mom's phone to call the police while yelling vulgar names at my dad which I've never done to anybody in my life. He just snatched the phone out of my hand and kept yelling at my mom while her head continuously bled, and it was a lot of blood. It was the most traumatizing thing I've experienced in my life, currently suffering from PTSD, and it's something that I will never forget.

Ever since then I hated my dad. He never abused me and always spoiled me but I didn't care. I didn't talk to him, look at him, or accept any of his gifts for a long time. Growing up I was a daddy's girl but I was devastated and heartbroken, I'd never be the same around my dad. I wanted to do the same to my dad, I wanted to pound his head on the side of the concrete until he bled for hours on end. I've even had involuntary thoughts of murdering people at my school or strangers walking down the sidewalk. I was a miserable teenager thinking about suicide 24/7 and didn't want to go to school because of my severe SA but didn't want to go home to face my dad abusing my family.

Five years later, I'm still hostile towards my dad but I've forgiven him. I talked about how much his abuse towards my mother led me to believe he didn't love her or the family. I never thought I'd be talking about this with my dad let alone ever have a normal conversation with him again, but I did and I'm glad I did. He comforted me and told me that he'd love my mother till the day he dies. He also said that he loved me and my brother unconditionally, and if he didn't love the family he wouldn't be going to work everyday to provide money, food, and shelter for us. I told him that abusing the family emotionally and physically isn't a way to show love so he apologized and said that sometimes he and my mother get into arguments and it's hard for him to contain his anger but he'd try his best to avoid it. I accepted his apology and that day, I was the happiest I've ever been for a long time.

It's not going to be easy because it was one of the hardest things for me to do, but you have to forgive and move on. For me, it didn't happen until I sat down with my dad and talked about it so maybe if you try that with your mother you will find it easier to forgive her. It's a choice to hold a grudge and there's no point on having one.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:55 PM
SAS Member

Man I don't give a damn if my mom and dad are too over protective of me, I don't associate them in any way with my minor anxiety, nor do I accuse them as the reason behind it. My anxiety is totally my responsibility and my problem and I accept that, that is why I strive to change to a better person everyday. Blaming your mom or your dad for your problems will not get you anywhere, if you think your mom is an over-controlling parent, then make the decision to get a job and move out and take responsibility for your own actions and decisions. Let your mom know that you will cover your own college tuition, and don't allow her to change your mind. Prove to your mother that you are strong and responsible enough to take care of yourself without her help. Be the change you want to see. I love my parents to death but I would never allow the to get in the way of my decisions and responsibilities. Hope everything with you turns out for the best!
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
SAS Member

Haha well said, I'm telling you some people are too ungrateful

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page