I don't want to do anything anymore - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
SAS Member

I feel like that a lot. But when I do cut contact with the outside world I find that it doesn't really make me feel any better.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
SAS Member

I'm always thinking like this when I have lots of Anxiety, it makes me want to avoid doing anything, being at work, talking to people. I'm always wishing for some kind of windfall that means I don't have to work again the rest of my life.
post #43 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 AM
SAS Member

I'm the same. Like someone else said, the woods/coast/island would be the best solution for me. You'd be alone, and there would be no time to mope, as you'd be out all day hunting and gathering.

post #44 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Me too.

shyness is nice, and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.

post #45 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 AM
SAS Member

I know how you feel. I felt the exact same way until I met a very good friend. The hard part is reaching out and taking the chance your trust will be betrayed. but when you meet somebody who you can trust, it makes all the pain worth it. all you have to do is make the first move.
post #46 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogonu View Post
Seriously, I want to quit my job, stop my education, stop training for my career, stop going out, and just lay down and drift of into my own little world, because I'm so sick of this world and the people in it. I just want to quit... everything. I want to hide under the covers in my bed, lock the doors and close the windows, I hate people and I don't want anything to do with them anymore.
I so agree. Why should we go on even though life will always suck?
"Life's a *****, and then you die"
post #47 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
not
SAS Member

Maybe just pushing yourself too hard

I get like that sometimes, but only when it seems like there is too much stuff going on in my life, or after a period of too much fun. Maybe you should just try to lay low, go with the flow, and catch the next wave.

Actually, I just saw this website, and just wanted to say something. It is this: I don't like to talk to people. I like people, but I don't like talking to them. Aren't there some drugs for this or anything? If there are please let me know. Thanks.
post #48 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
cmr
Prozac!

I feel the same... And I still have a long way to go.

End Factory Farming!

Open wide my door, my Lord, to whatever makes me love You more. - Aaron Weiss
post #49 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 AM
SAS Member

i feel the same most days. I just feel like the world doesn't understand and they are just going to reject a person like me, so why bother?
post #50 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 PM
SAS Member

I wish there was a way we could all start a community in the woods somewhere, and we could somehow all connect and create great things together. That would probably give our life some purpose.

I think alot of it has to do not only with the internet taking away the possibility for intimacy in real life, but it has also taken away important aspects of culture and community ( in real life)

I don't know
post #51 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM
SAS Member

i feel like this most of the time, everything kinda stop being meaningful, things that made you feel better doesnt anymore but the negative effects of "doing stuff" remain. in this position, it is logical to do nothing because everything you do is only negative. i think it has to do with brain chemistry, material base of consciousness, about which no one know enough yet to help us. from my personal experience, nothing at that exact moment can really make you feel much better. what i like to do when i really cant take is to burst my way out from this frame of mind, something that distract you, like listening to loud music, until i feel better.
post #52 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:53 AM
finished uni!

My Mood: Brooding
I cannot warn you strongly enough not to do this. I've been where you are in the past and ended up doing the things you mentioned. Now I am friendless and isolated. Please think twice before you act, and do not bite the hand that feeds you. In the end its a choice between the lesser of two evils. OK you might not particularly enjoy these things, but it is 10x worse to be completely isolated. Later you will want it back (trust me!) and it's going to be very difficult. This is my personal opinion, but in the end its up to you. Gl and have faith

/Globe_Trekker

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake - Auguries of Innocence
post #53 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Painfully Shy Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papertiger View Post
I wish there was a way we could all start a community in the woods somewhere, and we could somehow all connect and create great things together. That would probably give our life some purpose.

I think alot of it has to do not only with the internet taking away the possibility for intimacy in real life, but it has also taken away important aspects of culture and community ( in real life)

I don't know
I agree completely. Ironically, knowing everyone else had SA would probably help us lose our SA and then everyone would be a 'rockin extrovert!
post #54 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Permanently Banned

I mean I won't lie. I am 26 and I feel the same way as you do. The world is basically artificial. I am going to finish my AA degree and then drop out of college I think. I think college is BS and I am sick of living at home. I literally hate my parents and don't think I will visit them once I move.
post #55 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogonu View Post
Seriously, I want to quit my job, stop my education, stop training for my career, stop going out, and just lay down and drift of into my own little world, because I'm so sick of this world and the people in it. I just want to quit... everything. I want to hide under the covers in my bed, lock the doors and close the windows, I hate people and I don't want anything to do with them anymore.
i understand you completely. i feel the same way. im sick and tired of society. i dont like people either. but i mean im always so unmotivated. i dotn want to do anything. ive become sluggish. i try to enjoy life as it is but im always reminded on how bad my life usually turns out. but then again it might be psycological. i wanna ask you this. are you different from the people around you? if so im the exact same. i dont fit it with the rest of society but i try to make it as best i can. and i dont want to put this in an offensive way but im smarter than the average person and its hard to relate. people expect so much out of me and when its hard enough to fit in it just makes my life so stressful. i feel like just ending my life so i dont have to put up with all this. im kind of depressed inside because i think that im hopeless but i really are not. its just so confusing my life just spirals out of control and i dont know what to do with my life. i often wonder...
post #56 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
I so agree. Why should we go on even though life will always suck?
"Life's a *****, and then you die"
i can tell you it is for me. i often wish i was less of a thinking man and more of a fool not wary of these kind of things.
post #57 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WintersTale View Post
I know what you mean. I want to give up on socializing period and go live in a cave, but I also know that if I do that, I'll never be happy.
Pretty much this.
post #58 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
user account closed

Isolating myself isn't the answer but it sounds damn appealing. I think I do it mentally and emotionally a lot when I can't do it physically. It is a form of escape I guess. I don't even know if this makes sense. I am just tired of life today.
post #59 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Among the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishK View Post
Isolating myself isn't the answer but it sounds damn appealing.I think I do it mentally and emotionally a lot when I can't do it physically. It is a form of escape I guess. I don't even know if this makes sense. I am just tired of life today.
Makes total sense. I do the same thing.
post #60 of 215 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
o_O

I feel like there is no point in doing anything because I won't put 100, or at least, 90% into it anyways, because I'm so sick of life, so I'd rather not do it at all. I hate how pointless most things seem to me. I have no motivation. I wish I could live on a deserted island so I wouldn't have to deal with people disappointing me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page