I don't know what to do with my life - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
✧ Friendless Princess ✧

I don't know what to do with my life

21 years, I feel like my life's over.

I have no motivation, no dreams or goals to accomplish just sadness. Dropout of college because my social anxiety and depression. Parents disappointed because they spent their money in me. No job or skill. The only thing that has prevented me from committing suicide is my boyfriend (I'm in a long distance relationship). I've gone to therapy and nothing has changed. I feel like I'm wasting my time while other people my age live their lives happily and they are fulfilling their dreams.

I want to start a new university career and run away from my abusive family but I'm afraid to share an apartment because my social anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Pretty much the same, except I have a job (not sure how much gonna keep it, it's almost like hell sometimes), but no relationships (I actually choose to be alone, even though I would be alone anyway no matter what). I totally don't know what the hell to do with my life and why I even work, as I pretty much don't spend any of these money, I don't need anything, I don't want anything, I don't want anyone, just want to go sleep and never wake up again.

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
I felt very much the same when I was 21. I had a job but felt like I was working into the ground so looked for another in a quick space of time. I've been working since I was 17, had a fairly good income but felt like I was unhappy, had barely any friends and no real relationships.

I'm 27 now and can honestly say I STILL have no idea what I want to do with my life, so I've decided recently to quit my job and to travel for around 6 months. I've realised I should've done this when I was younger, as I've talked to numerous people who said it does huge benefit for yourself and makes you look at like in a different perspective.

This might be a good thing for you to explore, I know anxiety doesn't help, but I have that too and I'm trying my best to overcome it! I hope things get better for you in the future

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page