I don't know what to do anymore - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
SAS Member

I will just say thank you for sharing that with us Anemone. I am sure some people might find it helpful, including myself. And you dont sound like an idiot at all, i know it is not easy to summ all those thoughts in couple of paragrahps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I don't know what to say about it. I look back to my past often enough. And see many things I would like to be different. But I don't "feel" anything for it.

I like to ad something to my story.
Today I realized I always think I don't want a life as the most people are having. I mean, until now I don't want a girlfriend, I don't see myself married in the future. I don't see myself drinking beer with a group of friends. I think I don't want it. But now I wonder why don't I want that? Why don't want I a "normal life".
If most people are happy with a "normal life" maybe I should just give in. And make my goal to live the "normal life"?!. But another side of me is telling me I want a extraordinarily life.
What is the truth?
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
I need something to live for.
Do you have any strong beliefs about anything? Politics, justice, etc?

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmw87 View Post
Do you have any strong beliefs about anything? Politics, justice, etc?
no
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I want to improve my life but I don't know what to do? I have no motivation for anything. But I should be doing something?!
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchguy View Post
I also have glimps of what I think can be my true personality but I don't know if thats really me our some kind of unrealistic high hope version of me.
Because in my "dreams" I'm very different.
You should think about this part. What are your dreams if you dont mind telling? Tell me to p**s off if you don't like me asking
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
You should think about this part. What are your dreams if you dont mind telling? Tell me to p**s off if you don't like me asking
I don't mind any questions. Well in my "dreams" I'm a artist with great confidence and passion.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I don't mind any questions. Well in my "dreams" I'm a artist with great confidence and passion.
What kind of artist? Do you mean drawing and painting or music or something else?
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
SAS Member

Try being almost 35 like me.then you know life is really sucks.i have a similar problem sorry can't be of much help
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
What kind of artist? Do you mean drawing and painting or music or something else?
music. I don't know why I want it. But it's the only thing that keeps popping up in my mind for years.
Maybe its because I admire those people and grave for validation from others. I don't know..
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
music. I don't know why I want it. But it's the only thing that keeps popping up in my mind for years.
Maybe its because I admire those people and grave for validation from others. I don't know..
What kind of music do you enjoy? Have you ever tried playing anything, like at school? Which artists do you admire?

My little brother has SA and depression but recently he's feeling better and went to college to study music. He's in a pretty cool band now, and even if they never make it to fame and stardom, he is really enjoying himself for the first time ever.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 06:28 PM
SAS Member

Hope I can help

Hi!

I know this post was quite a while ago, and I don't know how you're doing now, but I really felt moved to try and help.

I'm not an expert, but as a Christian, all I feel I can say is this. Jesus said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John 10:10. It is not God's will that anyone should be depressed, or lonely, or experience anything bad. God doesn't want anyone to be miserable. But according to the Bible, the problem that I have, and that you have, and that everyone else has is "sin". Sin is falling short of God's glory. Everyone has sinned; we all do wrong, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:23.

Sin is what separates us from God. It will send us to the lake of fire for eternity. This is not what God wants. He wants everyone to be saved from sin and its punishment. That's why Jesus Christ died on the cross: to pay the punishment of our sin. Because Jesus is God (God is a "trinity", one God, three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) he has no sin, so he could sacrifice himself in our place. He shed his blood, died, was buried, and on the third day rose from the dead: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. God promises that everyone who asks Jesus to save them from their sin and its punishment will be saved and forgiven forever: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:13.

I know many people don't believe or appreciate what I just told you, but I believe it with all my heart. Jesus saved me, and others I know, so I had to try and point you to him. If I may offer, I recommend reading the Gospel of John, and praying for God to show you the Way, which is the Lord Jesus Christ.

God cares about you, and so do I, His unworthy servant. I'm open to questions if you'd like. God bless!
Ben
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Will Jesus resurrect this thread?

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
I'm on the board of directors of "I don't know what to do anymore".
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:39 AM
Pesky Pessimist

This thread forgot to re-close the rock slab on its way back out.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 02:46 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Angelic
Did you turn into a skeleton ?

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 07:00 PM
Permanently Banned

... there’s some missing posts ...seems suspicious ... what’s this thread hiding ????

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page