I am growing tired of my supervisor lecturing me - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I am growing tired of my supervisor lecturing me

I am getting sick of it when I happen to cough around my supervisor he lectures me that I have to go back to the doctor to get more antibiotics. I have post nasal drip and allergies. The building we work in is suffering from sick building syndrome. I have also been getting over bronchitis and have another day of antibiotics. I am feeling a lot better now and I am not wheezing anymore. It is common to have a lingering cough after suffering from bronchitis. The doctor told me this. But my supervisor won't listen. I feel like telling him to stuff it. I wish he would just stay in his stupid office and talk on the phone like he usually does and leave me alone. I don't need another mother because I already have one. The problem with him is that he is a hyperchondriac and runs to the doctor for every little thing. If I was contagious he and the gal I share the office with would be sick by now.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 05:33 AM
SAS Member

I have PND too... always clearing my throat/coughing. Do people seriously think we'd continue doing this if there was an effective remedy?

My supervisor is always getting stuck in to my personal life. I get these lectures on being confident, getting myself more known in the company, how to pick-up women. It is getting quite patronising, particularly as he is a year younger than me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 AM
SAS Member

Disregard his behavior ~ Ignore his behavior ~ Be indifferent to his behavior ~ Be insensitive to his behavior ~ Don't give thought to behavior that does not give thought to you ~ ^-^

~best wishes for peace and wellbeing

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Broken and Beyond Repair

Yeah. I had trouble with this a little while ago. Kept coughing at work. My boss used me as an example of what not to do, go to work sick, all the while there were people who were actually sick going to work she didn't acknowledge. She tried to pressure me into taking time off all the while one of my coworkers, who I see more of than my boss, was lecturing that anyone who left out of being sick was irresponsible because of the responsibilities they'd be leaving to their coworkers in their absence. Between my boss and my coworkers there was no single right answer. Somehow, no matter what I did, I'd still manage to piss someone off.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantRecluse View Post
Somehow, no matter what I did, I'd still manage to piss someone off.
I know that all too well. I really put my foot in my mouth. At one of the group homes I mentioned how one of their one staff went to another house not knowing this staff was being investigated for some wrongful action. I got cussed out this morning by the supervisor for this. Also, I got yelled at for calling up the training coordinator about some video I have to watch which should of been done last October, but they still don't have the video edited yet. The supervisor overheard this I cussed me out how he already called her, etc. Well my supervisor never follows through with anything. The coordinator said it is our responsibility to make sure we do the training in a timely matter. I just want to quit and go on disability and move into the woods in order to stay away from people.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page