I am an incredibly lazy, unmotivated person. - Page 7 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #121 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 10:46 PM
SAS Member

Join the club, we have cooki... Oh wait, we don't, because we're too lazy too buy some.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 08:54 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesica24 View Post
welcome to the club. I'm 26 and have done nothing of my life. Try Go see a therapist and Be Truthful about your problem. Or maybe just walk yourself out of it. If you put into your mind that you will, then it will be much easier. You need really hard work to get out of it. That's the only way out. And for gods sake, stop stalking on those SOCIAL sites. Those accounts are mostly narcissistic makebelieves that everything goes on smoothly in life. You'll never see the dark face of the moon there unless the dark face is romanticised so as to attract.
why don't i remember writing this post???wt??
post #123 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 AM
SAS Member

07089]I thought only men were lazy. sadden to her that women are affected by laziness. [/QUOTE]

nice avatar! I suppose you are neither of lazy men or women and that you feel because you don't have such problems you can pretend to be saddened while in fact you are feeling so superior. I'm saddened too...

post #124 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apx24 View Post
The OP is aware of this, that's why he/she made this thread in the first place.
Good. I like reminding people.
post #125 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
Forget school. Find your talent and use it to your advantage.
post #126 of 130 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
SAS Member

Great post, I've been reading a ton of stuff here that I can really relate to. I'll share my post soon once I've written and edited it.
post #127 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM
SAS Member

Where's Mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unambitious View Post
I am 21 years old.

I dropped out of high school after 11th grade simply because I didn't feel like going. I wanted to graduate, but I didn't want to put any work into it anymore. Before, I had my mother that would push me to go to school every day, so I did. It is here that I find out I am absolutely terrible at doing anything productive on my own terms.
I was just wondering - excuse the question if it's been answered before. This has a very long thread - but I was wondering where your mother is now?

Cheers!
post #128 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
SAS Member

wow this thread kinds makes me feel im not alone I guess lol.
Yeah motivation is a constant struggle but I guess u need to find it somehow. Maybe u guys need to find a different perspective or angle to look at things
post #129 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 PM
SAS Member

I am the same, being a slaker is linked to depression
post #130 of 130 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unambitious View Post
I am 21 years old.

I dropped out of high school after 11th grade simply because I didn't feel like going. I wanted to graduate, but I didn't want to put any work into it anymore. Before, I had my mother that would push me to go to school every day, so I did. It is here that I find out I am absolutely terrible at doing anything productive on my own terms.

I decided that I would try again just these past few years, so I enrolled in several online high schools. I failed all of them over and over again simply because I didn't feel like doing the work.

Besides this, I am not a stupid person. This is the especially pathetic part. I have a high IQ and can pass most tests given to me without needing to study. When I DO do my work and attend school, I get A's and B's.

I have no job, I have only had a couple in my lifetime - none of which lasted for more than a month before I quit (although to be fair, it was due to SA and not laziness). I don't have my license. I haven't accomplished most things that people my age normally would have by now.

I WANT to graduate from high school. I WANT to go to college and learn more things. I get sick at the thought of being 30 or older and being a poor, uneducated low life still living off of their friends'. I just... don't want it enough I guess?

I see my friends on Facebook and sites like that posting about how college is going, what work they have to do that night, classes of the day, etcetera. Whenever I see it my stomach turns. I wish I could be like them.

I am a terribly lazy and pathetic person, and I don't know how to be anything otherwise.

I am asking this from you, in my most desperate state, that if you have ANY advice for me at all, I will gladly listen. Honestly at this point, the harsher the advice you have, the better. I could use a good coaching. Please. I am in tears at this point. I hate myself for being such a dead weight.
Well my dad put my driving test like this in my head and it helped me pass, think of this, if getting your GED was truly so much work, 75% of the people you've seen would not be where they are. GED was made to be obtained by any person who tries to get it.

Don't bother with online high school, there's no difference with that and a GED. Just take the test and get it, instead of doing a year's work. In the future no one will be able to tell you have a GED, all they'll see is your college diploma.
Here's what your goals should be:
1). Get GED
2). Go to community college and get all your basic credits that you know the university you want will accept.
3). Transfer to the university you want.
4). Continue studying and get your degree.

The best part?

No one will know you dropped out of high school or got a GED, all everyone will know is you graduated from college. SO like I said forget the online high school get your GED, do community college, transfer to your college of choice, GRADUATE.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page