How to ask someone to pay me back money? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

How to ask someone to pay me back money?

My new roommate borrowed $4 from me to take the bus. I ****ing should've said no. Every time anybody borrows money from me, they never repay. To date I've lost like $100 from various people who never repay. Half the time they just pretend like it never happened, other times they just make up some lame excuse and never do it.

How should I ask him for it back? I know $4 is nothing, but I feel if I don't get it back, I'll hate him for the rest of the time I spend living with him. And it's exactly because $4 is nothing that's why he should be able to pay it back. Seriously, how hard is it to come up with $4 to repay me? He said he was gonna pay it back the day of borrowing, but it's already been a week and I've bumped into him a dozen times and still nothing.

Also I think he's lying when he said he needed $4 to take the bus, because he told me he goes to the same school as me, and my school's ID card acts as a bus pass. So why would he need to pay cash fare?

Actually, I'm the one who needs to pay cash fare, because I graduated already and my school ID card expired. So I actually do need that $4 for the bus.

Let's just see what happens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eAMGXFw1o

haha sorry.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Permanently Banned

"Hey man, can I get my $4 back?"

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria04 View Post
"Hey man, can I get my $4 back?"
Interesting...Havent thought of that...
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

He just said he'll do it later. Like I said in my OP, half the people just keep saying they'll do it later and later but never do it.

Let's just see what happens...
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:47 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ɹǝqɯǝɯ S∀S

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Searching...

Language: English & Bad English
My Mood: Bored

"All greatness of character is dependent on individuality. The man who has no other existence than that which he partakes in common with all around him, will never have any other than an existence of mediocrity. "
-James F. Cooper

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... Wondering, fearing, doubting..." -Edgar Allan Poe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bMZ5dNsl4
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
***** better have my money.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Permanently Banned

Just use it as an excuse to never have to speak/deal with him ever again.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 01:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
I would write it off.

Next time he ever asks for $ just say "You still owe me that bus money"
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 02:09 PM
SAS Member

It's not worth the hassle, just put that down as an inexpensive lesson on how not to lend money to anyone in future - better that it's $4 and not $4000!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
These days I only lend out money to my mom because she is the only person I know for sure that is going to pay me back. If people didn't pay me back in the past I would just stop letting them borrow money from me. I'm not confrontational so its not much else I could do.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Certified Human

My Mood: Devilish
I wish I knew, I'm still trying to figure out how to ask my ex-bf to pay me back the $350 he borrowed from my debit card. He's always saying he's short of money. I'll never lend anyone (who is not from my family) any money. And it was my fault because I trusted him and even gave him my debit card pin number, I'll never do that again, that was very stupid.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saperson View Post
My new roommate borrowed $4 from me to take the bus. I ****ing should've said no. Every time anybody borrows money from me, they never repay. To date I've lost like $100 from various people who never repay. Half the time they just pretend like it never happened, other times they just make up some lame excuse and never do it.

How should I ask him for it back? I know $4 is nothing, but I feel if I don't get it back, I'll hate him for the rest of the time I spend living with him. And it's exactly because $4 is nothing that's why he should be able to pay it back. Seriously, how hard is it to come up with $4 to repay me? He said he was gonna pay it back the day of borrowing, but it's already been a week and I've bumped into him a dozen times and still nothing.

Also I think he's lying when he said he needed $4 to take the bus, because he told me he goes to the same school as me, and my school's ID card acts as a bus pass. So why would he need to pay cash fare?

Actually, I'm the one who needs to pay cash fare, because I graduated already and my school ID card expired. So I actually do need that $4 for the bus.
There is a saying: A fool and his money are easily parted.

Just write it off as a life lesson and wait off lending it to anyone until you know you can trust what they say is the truth. You can trust some people. But like you have learnt the hard way, some people you can't trust and will just try to borrow and not pay it back. They will see you as a giving person / easy target.

Unless you are willing to not get it back (to a genuine homeless person, not some that pretend to be homeless to just get money off people).
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Negativity Triggerer.

Been there myself many times. This one friend in particular, would never pay me back in cash, but only in spotting me back for something. He borrowed $20 from me, and he pay me back in an expensive beer from a premium craft brewery. Borrowed $50 from me, he pay me back by treating me out to an overpriced buffet. Borrowed $200 from me, he paid me back by forcing me to go to a strip club and buying me a $800 private experience. He then tells me I then owe him $600 and he would hassle me non stop texts to pay him back in cash. He pissed me off so much, I and couple guys ended up urinating on his car on his driveway one late night when we all got wasted. Them good old days of young adulthood.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogowiff View Post
Been there myself many times. This one friend in particular, would never pay me back in cash, but only in spotting me back for something. He borrowed $20 from me, and he pay me back in an expensive beer from a premium craft brewery. Borrowed $50 from me, he pay me back by treating me out to an overpriced buffet. Borrowed $200 from me, he paid me back by forcing me to go to a strip club and buying me a $800 private experience. He then tells me I then owe him $600 and he would hassle me non stop texts to pay him back in cash. He pissed me off so much, I and couple guys ended up urinating on his car on his driveway one late night when we all got wasted. Them good old days of young adulthood.
Lmfao!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Giggity

My Mood: Lurking
Ask him if you could have your money back. If that doesn't work use fart spray in the bathroom, open the door wide, ask your roommate for $4 and say that you have a severe case of the runs and need money to buy pepto bismol.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Seriously , never serious

Hey man can I borrow 4bucks for the bus .

. WTF is wrong with me

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 11:25 PM
SAS Member

I agree that if someone makes you pay for them more than twice, they should pay you back especially if it's a ****load of money. I told a guy to not make plans to go out since he always made me and this other guy pay for him. If you don't have money, then don't make plans to go out. Derp derp
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 02:32 AM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
Damn I'm late..but basically..do like Rhi..

" ***** better have my money!"
$$$ �� �� ��

and he owe you 100$..

crank it up load

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page