How do you respond when someone? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

How do you respond when someone?

Is being a jerk, a hole to you or just snaps at you? Do you freeze up? Do you pause and dont say anything cause you dont know how to respond? Get stunned?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 10:43 PM
lagrimas negras

It depends on my mood that day. Sometimes I snap back at them. Other times my mind goes blank and I freeze up. I have anger issues though (because I'm petty and stuff) so I usually keep that jerk in mind and slap them back the next time they try to treat me like dirt.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 12:38 AM
ghostly

id harbour it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

believe in urself

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt moyt View Post
id harbour it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
harbour as in keep a grudge? for how long?

Still thinking of one.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 05:12 PM
SAS Member

Depends who the person is. If its someone close to me Id talk about it. Like why would you think thats okay to do with me? I work in a rehab hospital so if it was a patient Id be like "ok I need to back off." If it was some random person of the street Id try to get as far away from them lol
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 05:35 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
Depends who the person is. If its someone close to me Id talk about it. Like why would you think thats okay to do with me? I work in a rehab hospital so if it was a patient Id be like "ok I need to back off." If it was some random person of the street Id try to get as far away from them lol
That's fantastic you work in a rehab hospital - I wish I could do that. I defintely wouldn't have the patience for it though.

It sounds like you have quite an even temperament, that's great.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
yeah anybody thats random i just assume mental illness and get as much distamce as possible no matter what they look like

Still thinking of one.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Hardly ever happens anymore. I don't give people opportunities like that if I can help it. I'm pretty cynical about people in general so I just kind of expect that the more you "put yourself out there" the more jerks you'll meet.

But it depends kind of on where you are and what you're doing too. Competitive environments tend to promote a-holery. So, for example, most of the time if I leave the house, I go to get groceries at the same stores. I know what hours those stores are busiest and avoid them. When they aren't busy, you're not competing for everything so it's less stress on everyone. If I see someone who gives me "bad vibes" no matter where I am, I avoid them if possible. I exit any situation that seems to be going awry if it's at all possible. So I'm pretty much able to avoid this stuff for now. Which is good because I really don't need it.

/WYSD
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 04:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post

That's fantastic you work in a rehab hospital - I wish I could do that. I defintely wouldn't have the patience for it though.

It sounds like you have quite an even temperament, that's great.
Yeah I hear that I am very patient quite often. I have that going for me at least :')
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 04:46 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
kung foo.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 09:10 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Yeah I hear that I am very patient quite often. I have that going for me at least :')
I've been thinking I'd like to do a Masters of Counselling for ages - but then I remember what I'm like and think it's probably not such a great idea. Even just reading the course structure triggered me a bit - I really need to get a new psychiatrist.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 11:06 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
I would hate them but act like it was nothing.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 09:24 AM
ghostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussle View Post
harbour as in keep a grudge? for how long?

not sure lol. but if it's a stranger I would probably just avoid them and walk away since I don't know what they might do.

believe in urself
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 04:00 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Quote:
I've been thinking I'd like to do a Masters of Counselling for ages - but then I remember what I'm like and think it's probably not such a great idea. Even just reading the course structure triggered me a bit - I really need to get a new psychiatrist. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
Yeah the fact that I even made it to this stage is huge, considering I'd panic for like 30 mins in the parking lot before a volunteering gig lol. But I've always been good with school, its dealing with people that was hard. It still is but the longer I do it for the more natural it feels.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 04:11 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Yeah the fact that I even made it to this stage is huge, considering I'd panic for like 30 mins in the parking lot before a volunteering gig lol. But I've always been good with school, its dealing with people that was hard. It still is but the longer I do it for the more natural it feels.
I think that's wonderful you can do that. I have a friend that would have to stop and be sick on her way to her new job. Unbelievable.

I just worry about my instability - plus my anxiety too of course. I can get upset seeing certain things on TV and get so angry I have to turn it off. (for example) Or hearing about things will make me very upset. I really don't see how I could be around people consistently anymore - but I really wish I could. I get very bored and quite lonely.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 08:43 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
Adjust my glasses and walk away in slow motion.

Nah.

Find a place and a time to talk about the issue.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. While the A.I Computers designing the mind program to communicate with citizens.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page