How do you feel about being unusual for your age? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:19 AM
SAS Member

I've been working since I was around fourteen years old but didn't attend school. I'm proud of myself for being a hard worker but it sucks seeing younger folk having a simpler life than me since they stuck with school. I'm not bitter towards anyone but rather embarrassed that younger kids have their careers somewhat figured out while I'm clueless.

"I never lose. I either win or learn something."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
I'm fine, I try not to compare myself. Everyone is special and unique in their own way.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 AM
MAGA

I try to be less angry or upset about it these days, where often in situations requiring interaction, it could often end up with others laughing or being rude at me or thinking I'm strange or a loser due to my bad and probably deteriorating non-existent social skills and misfit demeanor. But I try to make an effort to accept it where I recall having seen other more severe mental people in group homes who have no chance at a better freer life. And also remembering my life is a lot luckier in a western nation than many millions of oppressed people with starvation and sickness in third world countries or those in impoverished or tyrannical nations with collapsing economies.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:03 AM
horses in the bacc! 🐎

Language: American English, Russian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
I'm fine, I try not to compare myself. Everyone is special and unique in their own way.
This. Focusing on my unusual qualities used to cause me a lot of stress, I didn't enjoy being so different.

After deciding to nurture the qualities rather than bash myself for them, things have gotten so much better.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:34 AM
SAS Member

@sad1231234 yup but I try to just make reason why I shouldn't try to ge a girl, lol thats probably just the SA but it makes me feel better in the short term

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 04:35 PM
We all wear a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Thats a good way to look at it. But surely it must be unpleasant when like everyone your age experienced, say, relationships and u didnt right?
No. Not really. Other peoples' experiences don't really enter my frame of mind at all. I don't actively think about how experienced others are.

We haven't lived in anything remotely close to "real" since the turn of the century.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:45 PM
AtheistInSearchOfPawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothlinghs View Post
Good. Going back to vaginaissue, not knowing is actually more common than you think. "Normal" people have this same "issue" as well. Because society makes you believe it is something to achieve. It is not and you spend too much energy for that. Sex, sex, sex, sex, endlessly and everywhere.. You are giving yourself te best gift if you just forget the whole thing and focus on enjoying what all other things life is able to offer. Every vagina feels diffrent anyway, some are soft and some are rough, also same vagina might change during years. I want to free all men from the curse of vagina. You have been cheated, it is not that special and I know because I own a one.

Friends issue is more valid, I don't have any magic on that.

well this kinda makes me feel LESS like a weirdo i guess

thanks
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:01 PM
SAS Member

Yep

Quote:
I feel, i have pretty much gi en up on trying to relate to people in general. Im only really staying alive so i can find people like me. Jealouxy sucks but you must not let any problems affect you emotionally if you want to be truly happy in life. I used to be miserable all the time but i decided why should i be miserable, so now im happy. I still have a messed up life of missing out and a mountain of problems, but i dont mind too much and im often happy despite it

I agree, jealousy often isn't a healthy emotion and obsessing over it can definitely lead one into trouble. I think when looking back, more than anything, it's mostly regret I feel for lost opportunities and whatnot. So, the comparison sort of just amplifies that. I'm doing better now, for sure. However, when I compare how my youth went with others (more successful), I can't help but feel upset (again, regret). I'm glad you can take better outlook on your life. I also had an awakening of sorts.

Best be to 'ya,

- T.R.G.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

When I isolate myself from others in my age group, I don't perceive myself as unusual. It's just others who view me as such.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
I agree, jealousy often isn't a healthy emotion and obsessing over it can definitely lead one into trouble. I think when looking back, more than anything, it's mostly regret I feel for lost opportunities and whatnot. So, the comparison sort of just amplifies that. I'm doing better now, for sure. However, when I compare how my youth went with others (more successful), I can't help but feel upset (again, regret). I'm glad you can take better outlook on your life. I also had an awakening of sorts.

Best be to 'ya,

- T.R.G.
i feel you, honestly i missed out on so much too that i feel like most people on this forum even experienced way more than me. But feeling bad and worrying does not help, it only makes us feel bad, i have started learning to live life without letting anything negatively affect my emotions
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 06:20 PM
SAS Member

Yep

Quote:
i feel you, honestly i missed out on so much too that i feel like most people on this forum even experienced way more than me. But feeling bad and worrying does not help, it only makes us feel bad, i have started learning to live life without letting anything negatively affect my emotions

Exactly. I don't dwell on it often, but I am reminded of it every now and then. I think it's OK to feel regret, so long as is doesn't consume you. Negative emotions can be good sometimes but I'd rather not go into that. Enjoy your summer!

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page