How do i survive my mom - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy

How do i survive my mom

I have a kid on the way and I thought it'd be a good idea to stay with my mom until he gets older like maybe 4 ... But my mom has really smothering annoying ways.

For one, she moved in with my brother and I when we both moved out... Now that shes here ( she pays bills and what not) but she complains constantly like this and that isnt clean. Im not living like this... You all are grown...blah blah.

Then when i told her since i have my baby on the way I wanted to move...she said no. Youre gonna stay until you get a house and finish school.

That last part threw me... Its my life im almost 30 and with a kid on the way. Why wouldn't you want me to move?

Then when i told her i wanted my son to be independent and that he'd be doing chores by 9 and 10...she was like no he's not. Dont be rude to him or im gonna have to step in.

First, he's my son not yours. I can raise him how i want. I just dont want him to be like my younger brother thats 12 and cant clean his own tub. Or my 21 yr old bro that doesnt drive or anything.

My mom isny a bad person but she can be smothering and i dont want her over stepping her boundaries with my son or worse my son getting confused and thinking shes the mom.

That would piss me off to no end.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
What about the dad ? Does he have a say, he's halfway responsible for the child.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 PM
SAS Member

She sounds a bit overbearing - no offence of course. That bit where she said or she'd have to step in.

Are you financially dependent on your mother? Can you afford to live away from her?

I'm a very firm believer in young people leaving their parents home and getting out on their own. It's not good for you to be dependent on her - you'll resent it sooner or later, especially if she interferes with raising your son.

Let her help with looking after him - but make sure she knows her boundaries and that you're the Mum. (or Mom as you would say)

He's your child - not hers.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
She sounds a bit overbearing - no offence of course. That bit where she said or she'd have to step in.

Are you financially dependent on your mother? Can you afford to live away from her?

I'm a very firm believer in young people leaving their parents home and getting out on their own. It's not good for you to be dependent on her - you'll resent it sooner or later, especially if she interferes with raising your son.

Let her help with looking after him - but make sure she knows her boundaries and that you're the Mum. (or Mom as you would say) <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>

He's your child - not hers.
She is pretty overbearing. Im not fincancially dependent yet. I had to quit my job bc of getting furthwr along.. Plus...the money i did make it all went to my car.. So i had nothing.

Another annoying thing is qe live next door to my aunt and her son and his kids and wife stay next door so the kids come over whenever they want.

Its so damn annoying.

However im starting a program soon.
Its like a trade program thatll help me make a bit more money than i did at my last job and just move on hopefully.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
What about the dad ? Does he have a say, he's halfway responsible for the child.
He isnt involved. I dont have his contact info and when i cut him off i got rid of everything. So... Yeah. Thats that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page