How can you tell if you have a huge forehead, or is your hairline receding? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

How can you tell if you have a huge forehead, or is your hairline receding?

Got my haircut today, and my forehead looks huge as I can put 4.5 fingers on it. Could it be it's my hairline that is receding? My forehead was never this big as a kid. And I'm in my early 20s btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:06 AM
I am average!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustcantanymore View Post
Got my haircut today, and my forehead looks huge as I can put 4.5 fingers on it. Could it be it's my hairline that is receding? My forehead was never this big as a kid. And I'm in my early 20s btw.
I can put all my 4 fingers on my forehead as well. Everyone think they look weird when they take a haricut. When I was 10 I always cried when I got my hair cut. NO MY HAIR

Oh, and about your jaw. You wondered why I knew? Because that's how people with a deep bite look from the side. Maybe your problem doesn't go further than going to the dentist to get braces.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Icedout, thanks. Usually I like the way my haircut is. My hair is think, and no one in my family has baldness besides I think my grandfather. My father is 60 and has only light shades of gray hair. I'm probably not balding, but just my forehead is huge unfortunately, and usually when I get my haircut (2 on the top 1 on the bottom, with kind of a slight comb over) it looks as if my forehead is huge lol

Also I do have a deep bite/overbite, yes. I'm actually way ahead of you. I'm scheduled to get my braces in November. I have a mild overbite, and it will fix my side profile slightly BUT the orthodontist said it is my chin that is still very recessive, and because my overbite is mild, and not severe enough there is no point in getting jaw surgery to fix my lower jaw. He recommended me to get a chin implant to get a nicer profile. Braces should fix my deep bite + getting a chin implant I'll look from a 2/10 to maybe a 7/10 facial wise.

I also am considering jaw implants to give more shape to my jaw, but if my surgeon can get the look I am going for then there is no need to get jaw implants. My surgery for my chin is set next month. I'm excited, and nervous.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:18 AM
HeavyDirtySųul

My Mood: Lonely
Not always the case, but I cut hair and people with long foreheads have a more even hairline.. people who are balding have more of an M shaped hairline, especially when you comb your bangs forward.. thats how you can really tell. If its distributed evenly, you're fine. If its noticeably thinner in the corners, you're receding. But like I said its not always the case.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsKels View Post
Not always the case, but I cut hair and people with long foreheads have a more even hairline.. people who are balding have more of an M shaped hairline, especially when you comb your bangs forward.. thats how you can really tell. If its distributed evenly, you're fine. If its noticeably thinner in the corners, you're receding. But like I said its not always the case.
Hmm...I think my forehead is abnormally huge. It doesn't help that my face is not balanced or symmetrical at all with no type of chin or jawline.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 AM
The one who keeps whining

From an art perspective, a forehead should take up around a third of the see-able face. It can take up less or more but the general proportion is a third.
Top third: Forehead (top to middle of brows)
Second third: Eyes and nose (middle of brows to bottom of nose)
Bottom thirds: -to the bottom of the chin
So just measure it or take a photo and ms paint a box to see? Most people think their forehead is huge.

Ginko is my waifu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page