Horrible Horrible Day !! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Horrible Horrible Day !!

I woke up this morning and had to see the doctor at 9 AM and missed the first class in school. The second class started at 10 AM and when I finished at the doctors I drove to school and noticed the clock were 9:50 AM so I thought the first class was FINISHED!

Well... I always walk very fast, one of my avoidant behaviour and I imagined everyone were having a coffee break and the classroom would be empty, but when I came the classroom was FULL and just one seat in front.... so I had to sit in front of everyone. The teacher gave me a bad look and I just sat there and didn't even take up my stuff.... not for two minutes.... The clock inside was 9:48... SO embarrassing!!

The girls behind me giggled and I froze and didn't look back at them. Well, two minutes later the teacher turned down his slides and stopped talking like the class was over and the girls in the front row told me the next class CANCELED (In fact, they thought It was very funny I came)!!

Then another girl in class started to ask the teacher questions.... and the teacher noticed the girls behind me was laughing and he said and looked straight in my eyes "HEY YOU GIRL WHO WAS JUST COMING IN... YOU SHOULD BEHAVE!".... and I was shocked!! SO angry because first of all I'm usually never late and I wasn't even talking (I was in fact surprised the anger inside me was stronger than the anxiety) I just hurried to excuse myself and then had to sit there for a couple of more minutes until he stopped talking again to answer the question... FINALLY....

When we walked out of the classroom i noticed the clock was 10:15 and all I could think of was wow I didn't have a panic attack ! I handled the whole thing surprisingly well.....

But.... now after thinking about this over and over again I don't want to go to school tomorrow and see that teacher again, and the girls, and everyone in that class!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 AM
SAS Member

What I don't get is why you walked in there? When you saw the class was packed maybe you could have walked back to the canteen or something right?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Why can't I be happy?

You should have waited in your car and not showed up, I've been there and done that, because it is embarrassing and very uncomfortable. I'm sorry it was that bad, want an ******* teacher he must not have been paying attention at all. I've had a teacher like that, he was a douche for no reason to me and I was quiet and usually came on time yet he would always have a problem with me. You have to go tomorrow though, sucks but you got to. I remember I just try to calm myself before and listen to my favorite songs before going and keep the tunes in my head, I don't know if that's helpful.

http://www.asrata.com My websitek(JOIN)
http://wantme234.deviantart.com-My Poetry, Photography and more.(EXPLORE)
http://ameme1.tumblr.com/
http://www.blog.asrata.com/-My blog(FOLLOW)
http://lauri-the-artist.com/ My friends site; she is an amazing artist!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
SAS Member

Don't worry teachers meet so many students during their careers so he might even not remember this tomorrow. Just go and do your stuff. These little incidents don't stay in other people's memories as much as we think they do. They have better things to do with their heads apparently
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoid View Post
What I don't get is why you walked in there? When you saw the class was packed maybe you could have walked back to the canteen or something right?
I don't get it either, very stupid of me.... I guess I panicked and didn't think clear.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Spinning out gracefully

Hey, how did the class go today?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
No longer good at posting

Events such as this one, is why I still have nightmares about school. You could try to talk with the teacher in private, and explain things. Most teachers have this attitude that they are never wrong though.

Sometimes I worry if anger is the only way out of our anxiety. I hope I'm wrong.

...I want something good to die for. To make it beautiful to live.

You can do what you can't do.

My ultimate goal in life is to make people snort-laugh.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot the Human View Post
Events such as this one, is why I still have nightmares about school. You could try to talk with the teacher in private, and explain things. Most teachers have this attitude that they are never wrong though.

Sometimes I worry if anger is the only way out of our anxiety. I hope I'm wrong.

It seems so for me. Anger and rage are the only feelings which seem to override anxiety of any shape or form. I'm sure compassion and love help too but I don't experience them that often.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
I don't get it either, very stupid of me.... I guess I panicked and didn't think clear.
Oh I understand. I do that all the time

When my anxiety is high my thinking becomes very weak and I end up doing pretty irrational things, keep forgetting things and make silly comments. I guess it's all part of the anxiety.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page