Her Eyes Whispered Love... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Her Eyes Whispered Love...

A girl that I used to work with whispered 'love' to me with her eyes, she made me aware of this and I made her aware that I was aware of this, and I had deeply and truly intended to initiate something with her, but guess what? I couldn't...yet, I really REALLY WANTED TO! I wanted a new friend, a pretty girl, but this internal force in me had its way...now I'll never see her again and all I'm left with are intolerable memories and a fantasy of what could've been.

Better unborn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM

sooo...is calling her up out of the question?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianac
sooo...is calling her up out of the question?
I don't have her number. I couldn't even work up the courage to talk to her.

Better unborn.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 04:23 PM
SAS Member

I think lots of us have the "one that got away stories", I know I do. But you just have to perhaps look at this as a lesson learned. And next time it might incite you to act and not let opportunity slip by. This happens to EVERYONE, not just SA people. So dont feel bad. Just chalk it up to experience. That might not be much comfort now but there will be another, TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny68
I think lots of us have the "one that got away stories", I know I do. But you just have to perhaps look at this as a lesson learned. And next time it might incite you to act and not let opportunity slip by. This happens to EVERYONE, not just SA people. So dont feel bad. Just chalk it up to experience. That might not be much comfort now but there will be another, TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you are absolutely right. I just hope next time my anxiety doesn't make a fool of me or just inhibit me like it did the last time. But, I must proceed in living! Thank you.

Better unborn.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM

This has happened to me many times. So the last time it happened, I got back to the girl later. I just wanted to talk to her - about anything. I even got her a flower and wrote a nice little love poem - and wrapped the flower in it. I couldn't get up the courage to give it to her. I would see her almost every day at work. I kept coming around to where she works to just talk or se how she was doing. But one time she just was rude to me. She was harsh in speaking to me -like she was saying get lost. Then I saw her one day in a car with another guy in the parking lot. Her sweet smile and loving eyes were somewhere else.

I threw the flower and poem into a trash dumpster and walked across the street to a liquor store to get something strong.

Ya - I remember Christina! BTW the flower was artificial. I kept in my locker for a week. The paper I used to write the poem was that expensive fancy parchment. I purchased it the same day I got the flower. I gave the rest of that to my mom for her business correspondence.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk
Then I saw her one day in a car with another guy in the parking lot. Her sweet smile and loving eyes were somewhere else.
Don't worry, if you saw her taking a dump in the morning, she wouldn't look so lovely. Those loving eyes will be gazing at the toilet paper.

It seems that any girl who may interest you has a BF.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Re: Her Eyes Whispered Love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlorn666
A girl that I used to work with whispered 'love' to me with her eyes, she made me aware of this and I made her aware that I was aware of this, and I had deeply and truly intended to initiate something with her, but guess what? I couldn't...yet, I really REALLY WANTED TO! I wanted a new friend, a pretty girl, but this internal force in me had its way...now I'll never see her again and all I'm left with are intolerable memories and a fantasy of what could've been.
This has happened to me so many times, and I never seem to be able to 'learn' from it. It is happening right now and I can't help it. I guess all I can say is.. I know how you feel..
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 PM
SAS Member

Whenever a girl showed that she liked me, it seemed to reduce the anxiety for me. Maybe because I don't have to impress her or anything since I already know that she likes me. However, the more attractive the girl is, the worse it seems to be. At least for me..
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejo
Quote:
Then I saw her one day in a car with another guy in the parking lot. Her sweet smile and loving eyes were somewhere else.
Don't worry, if you saw her taking a dump in the morning, she wouldn't look so lovely. Those loving eyes will be gazing at the toilet paper.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 AM
kev
SAS Member

Dont worry, youll have more chances. Besides, maybe she was just a tease? Often times its the ones you least expect who are the most into you. I know guys are "supposed" to make the first move, but just remember, if she was into you, she would be suffering now too, which would mean you've at least got company. I dont know if thats comforting or not but it would be for me.

Get some fresh air. It will do you good.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurerules
Quote:
Originally Posted by moejo
Quote:
Hey now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page