Have you got any insecurities? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 02:39 AM
Defeated

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Dead
For me a better question would be, "Are there any aspects of yourself which you aren't insecure about?".
And to that question, the answer is probably one thing, which is the speed of my WiFi.

"Like a book isolated on a shelf with no one to read it yet judge it for its amount of pages. I feel such way."

"Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 01:49 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
I have many insecurities, but I stopped counting some years ago. Some are more prominent than others, but it seems that others stopped noticing the insecurities that I managed to stop focusing on. So that gave me something to think about. I'm working on my prominent insecurities to stop focus on them either, so that they become invisible to others, too :-)
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 08:11 AM
SAS Member

I hate my teeth, but I don't want to fix them. I feel like I look like an idiot when I smile to wide.
I don't like my body either. I used to look pretty good, but then everything started sagging and I gained a lot of weight.
I also get awfully jealous when there are new extras at work. Like they are going to take my place, or be better than me and get a fixed contract before me. I hate this side of me.

I'm pretty sure my "friends" don't actually want to hang out with me, and I'm not sure why, but obviously I got a few ideas. I don't have anything to offer. I'm not interesting. I don't have that much money to spend.. I don't think I'm particularly likeable. I can be a bit blunt I guess.. My only good quality is that I can be a good listener, and who needs that when they already have someone that fulfills other needs?

Mentally I'm declining and I'm super worried people will notice.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM
SAS Member

Insecurity's just kind of a state of being that layers across all facets. I don't notice it so much because I can't get outside myself enough to really look at it/them.

@Persephone The Dread That's too bad, it's hard for people to see the forest for the trees sometimes. I think it might be natural to get a momentary jolt of anger when one's view is challenged and you're adept at challenging views (meaning, you do your homework) but it's a bad idea to lock onto that anger and carry it past the moment and make it personal. It's our loss that we don't get to hear a wider range of discussion from you. Sorry to hear that.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:09 AM
SAS Member

Everything, honestly.

There's no break from this POS, work on fixing EVERY ****ING THING 24/7 all the time because you got ****ed over with everything

I don't wanna exist
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:55 AM
England

Last edited by James10145; 07-23-2020 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Mistake
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 03:08 PM
SAS Member

Too ugly to be loved. I will be alone for the rest of my life.

People probably laugh about me behind my back.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:24 PM
SAS Member

My chief insecurity is that I'm (probably?) one of the most unlikable person in the world. I'm the black plague that everyone wants to avoid, haha.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 10:40 PM
bipolar boy

I used to be very insecure about being skinny when I was young but now I've filled out. Plus it doesn't actually matter what I look like now anyway. (getting old)

I have plenty of other insecurities to make up for that one though.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 02:43 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
Insecurity's just kind of a state of being that layers across all facets. I don't notice it so much because I can't get outside myself enough to really look at it/them.

@Persephone The Dread That's too bad, it's hard for people to see the forest for the trees sometimes. I think it might be natural to get a momentary jolt of anger when one's view is challenged and you're adept at challenging views (meaning, you do your homework) but it's a bad idea to lock onto that anger and carry it past the moment and make it personal. It's our loss that we don't get to hear a wider range of discussion from you. Sorry to hear that.
I'll post about some specific things in certain areas of the forum sometimes, and this place is a lot less active now which helps somewhat, but I still piss people off and get into arguments now and then. I'm a little more open here than I am with people who are closest to me that I know from real life like family or the one friend I'm still in contact with. I try to avoid talking about myself as much as possible with them especially these days, also certain other topics that are too exhausting, so it's not specific to here either. I don't feel safe anywhere. No one's really missing much mind you lol.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 08:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I'll post about some specific things in certain areas of the forum sometimes, and this place is a lot less active now which helps somewhat, but I still piss people off and get into arguments now and then. I'm a little more open here than I am with people who are closest to me that I know from real life like family or the one friend I'm still in contact with. I try to avoid talking about myself as much as possible with them especially these days, also certain other topics that are too exhausting, so it's not specific to here either. I don't feel safe anywhere. No one's really missing much mind you lol.
I woke up in the middle of the night a week or so ago and was thinking about the same thing but applying it to old friends and the one or two I still maintain contact with and it gave me a chilling feeling. I don't think any of these people really know me. I always wonder how much of what is hidden is perceived by others on some level.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I'm a little more open here than I am with people who are closest to me that I know from real life like family or the one friend I'm still in contact with.
See somethings wrong with the entire system if people can't be open with the people closest to them.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Half agony, half hope.

Most certainly, most people do. I try not to dwell on it too much. I mean it tends to come out more when I’m feeling anxious, but for the most part I try not to let it hold me back.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 02:10 PM
SAS Member

yes my voice
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 02:27 PM
SAS Member

Having zero job experience
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 09:58 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
I woke up in the middle of the night a week or so ago and was thinking about the same thing but applying it to old friends and the one or two I still maintain contact with and it gave me a chilling feeling. I don't think any of these people really know me. I always wonder how much of what is hidden is perceived by others on some level.
I think sometimes stuff is but then other times they're completely off. That's my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
See somethings wrong with the entire system if people can't be open with the people closest to them.
Don't think it's that common, most people get comfortable with people as they get to know them for me it kind of varies. The worst for me is probably extended family who I haven't seen for ages.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page