Have you ever lost your temper so badly it scared you? - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Have you ever lost your temper so badly it scared you?

For me many times , I usually regret it afterwards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
No. I rarely lose my temper. But I have violence-related OCD, and that scares the **** out of me.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Failure's Art

Yes. Once at work someone called me up to ***** at me about something and I started screaming at him, lol. Which is a very unusual thing for me to do. Very much out of character. But he was being a real dick and I was super stressed out and had a million things going on so I just let him have it. I was so upset afterwards I had to go to the bathroom and sit in a stall for like 10 mins to try to calm down.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 06:17 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Fairly often.

"But need I confess this to you, my dear friend, who have so often endured the anguish of witnessing my sudden transitions from sorrow to immoderate joy, and from sweet melancholy to violent passions? I treat my poor heart like a sick child, and gratify its every fancy. Do not mention this again: there are people who would censure me for it."

- The Sorrows of Young Werther
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 08:49 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
No

/WYSD
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 10:31 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
Yeah
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 11:37 PM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I don't know about scared, more like guilt sometimes. I can get very angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 02:20 AM
Loathed Loiterer

I don't recall. I do get very angry time to time, but for as long as I remember, I usually just suppress, bottle it up and let it fumed on the inside secretly. I do use to lose my temper when angered when I was maybe around 5-7 years old. But every time I did, my mom punishes me for showing anger. Because she always claims showing anger and emotions is disrespectful to her. So I forced myself to hide out of fear as I got a bit older. Definitely unhealthy mentally and emotionally though.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 05:03 AM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
Only in my sleep. And maybe in the 20th century, who can remember.

Social Anxiety Game | Audio Dramas | Mining Accident Theater

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 10:19 AM
SAS Member

Only once, when I was a teenager, many years ago. My usual problem is that I'm a chronic doormat, so unless I know someone really, really, really well, I usually don't want to show my feelings around them, anger included.
This reminded me of something funny, though. Once, when I was walking down the street, I saw some flyers for an anger management class, and my first thought was, "Wow, imagine being so controlled by your emotions like that!" Took me a good solid four seconds to remember that I have social anxiety disorder and have spent my entire life being ruled by emotions, namely fear.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 04:00 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Yeh, its happened a few times, but it takes people repeatedly refusing to respect my boundaries, and doing a lot of manipulative behaviour.

I'm wise to it now, though, I can create a psychological distance now however, between my feelings and my emotions, but I am a little bit rusty with it (need more meditation).

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 04:00 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecedouglas1 View Post
For me many times , I usually regret it afterwards
As a teen i used to lose my temper way too much.....i regretted it and felt a fair amount of shame as i typically took it out on my family
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 01:42 PM
SAS Member

Almost never. Only with my cats do I really rarely lose my temper (once a year) and I immediately feel awful afterwards and make it up, as much as you can and try to do that with cats anyway lol.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
I think of temper as a self defense mechanism, because people all my life treated me so badly, that it triggers me to protect myself based on how I react to people crappy robotic behavior.

I got suspended from elementary school for two months, because my classmates always conspire with one another to steal my lunch money, my snacks from my bookbag, and my personal items. I tried telling my teachers, but they didn't believe me. I ended up stabbing one of my classmates with a scissor in the head. Then the school switches my class, and I ended up getting left back in first grade.

When I was in middle school my classmates would find ways to get me into trouble in class, and they provoke me to throw a desk. I ended up getting suspended from school for one day, because the math teacher said that I hit him with the desk or throw the desk in class. The math teacher said to the dean that I was a quiet student to the dean, so I spent the whole day missing out my classes in detention.

I had another math teacher who was paranoid by my behavior, she would just call the dean on me.

The last day of fifth grade, my teacher kicked me out of class, because my classmates ganged up on me and started throwing punches at me for no reason. The same teacher who got angry at my grammar and wrote that my grammar is poor on my report card.

I have to say that the people got reprogrammed by the A. I Computers and the High Authority NSA software engineers to provoke me in class. No matter how many times I try to explain myself to the dean about my classmates behavior, the dean didn't believe me. My classmates behavior and communication are repetitive and mindless. Everyday I went to school nervous and traumatized.

Never had a career, never had an income, never had a girlfriend, regardless of how many times I tried. The people have the same mentality, perception and belief about me since I was a child. The people behavior and communication induces my social anxiety and depression.

The A.I Computers/NSA engineers use a computational intelligence system to design a mentality by translating key information/cryptographic keys into thoughts, logic, and emotions that are fake to manage humanity 24/7.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2021, 03:20 AM
bipolar

I can relate to the fear part very closely. I've felt such hatred and rage sometimes that it's almost unbearable - I usually know there's something very wrong when I get like that though and I stay home. It's a genuinely frightening experience - when you realise just how much hatred your capable of.

Usually I'm okay though, and I try to avoid that at all costs.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2021, 08:39 AM
Your local potato farmer

yeah. I'm one of those people that very rarely get angry (or I always hide/suppress it I shall say) but once I do, its pretty bad. Bottling up anger and frustration for years does that to you.

more issues than vogue
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2021, 11:46 AM
SAS Member

Language: English and some others
My Mood: Lonely
Yeah and then I feel guilty... I didn't use to be like this, I was a pretty calm person but after everything that happened to me last year, I can't control my temper that easily. But I've never lost my temper in front of anyone, just to people on the phone who would drive me nuts.

顺其自然
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-11-2021, 07:19 PM
late bloomer

Language: Tagalog, English
Yes. Just happened last December. My boss asked me a perfectly decent question and I snapped out of nowhere. The stress got into me.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 04:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
I have lost my temper badly but that didn't scare me.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2021, 05:21 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
Once in my early 20's, it was a perfect storm of circumstances pent up rage & mind altering substances, I'm a firm believer a demon took me for a rodeo that night, I made quite the bucking broncho.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page