Have you ever been cancelled/shunned/ostracized? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Have you ever been cancelled/shunned/ostracized?

I've been in isolation for quite some time, so it's been a while since I've been rejected by a group.

Usually what happens is that the leader of the group decides he doesn't like me for whatever reason, such as the way I look, what I believe, how quiet I am, the way I dress, and he signals to those following him that it's okay to treat me poorly by treating me poorly himself.

So, I'm ditched, ridiculed, humiliated, ignored, among other things, until I go away.

It was bad enough when this happened in high school, but now it happens in the workplace. Some years back they tried to harass me away by using homophobic slurs and sexual harassment. At other times, it was because I wasn't outgoing enough. The reason is pretty much always bull**** because I see plenty of other people behaving the way I am without anyone raising a fuss.

I take it all to mean they're going to be less forgiving of me because they view me as being beneath them, whereas they'll forgive others for similar "faults."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 11:02 AM
We don't belong here.

My Mood: Innocent
I remember one time when I was younger. My parents invited some old friends I haven't talked to in years to a Birthday Party and they never spoke to me ****ing once. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever felt.

Need a friend or support? Send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
I've been shunned pretty much everywhere my whole life...school...work....I'm used to it

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:14 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Pretty much why I don't bother anymore. Senior year of high school I was depressed and there were lots of false rumors and people shunned me. Never found out what people were saying either, friends and acquaintances just cut me off and I spent most of the year alone, eating alone, sitting alone. Neighbors currently ignore me since I'm 30s and living at home. I've heard rumors from the neighbors about me that are also false. Everyone in real life treats me like I'm a bad guy. I think I just give off a seedy presence.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 PM
SAS Member

Plenty of times but hasnt happened too much since i just do enough to fit in whatver group it is i have to interact with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
A lot of the people at my hs disliked me pretty intensely. And most of the rest of the school just avoided me. I did have a few friends, though. Other weirdos.

I got bullied all the time at school. A bunch of guys threatened to kick my ***. (A girl tried to talk her bf into beating me up.) I did get jumped a couple of times, beaten up. Another guy threatened to kill me. All homophobic bull****. And ofc, for most of my life, most people have considered people like me disgusting freaks. Still plenty of people like that around.

Even people who don't hate me don't really want to have to talk to a person like me. They only do it if they have to for some reason. I'm pretty much at the bottom of the social hierarchy. When I'm homeless, I guess I probably will be. And then I'm sure the other homeless people will treat me like dirt, too.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Pariah on Autopilot

Language: Fleeing
My Mood: Pensive
Being ditched and belittled was the epitome of my childhood years to early-20s. However, generally, I've never done well with people who have been my exact age or close to it.

Most of my decent connections have typically been with people who are 7+ years older than me. At least that's how it's been starting in my mid-20s.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page