found out ill be graduating the physical therapy program at age 27/28 :/ - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful

found out ill be graduating the physical therapy program at age 27/28 :/

I'm 24 now... BC of a few anatomy classes I have to wait for it to come back around next fall ( its a yearly program)

I just feel so old ...and coming out at 27/28 is so close to 30 its scary..

I feel a little sad BC I missed out on my 20's ..the best years supposedly.

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Better than turning 29 this month and not finding a job in what you graduated in almost 3 years ago. You still have time since you are in your mid 20s. My 20s really sucked and I can't change that, you can still change things.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th.Streeter View Post
I'm 24 now... BC of a few anatomy classes I have to wait for it to come back around next fall ( its a yearly program)

You being sad, sigh.

Most people I knew except for a few have kids (one or two) now.

That makes me feel like life has past by so quick.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
you have a bright future ahead....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:42 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
****, you guys always scare the crap out of me. Pls tell me i'm going to get my life together before i turn 20. Pls just say it!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:49 PM
🎹

You just started this program right? 27/28 isn't old there's so much time after that.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:03 PM
SAS Member

Usually they have summer courses if you're looking to cut some time down. I wouldn't stress about being that age. And saying 20s is the best years of your life is completely relative. Plenty of people have amazing lives well after their 20s. Stop comparing yourself to others or worrying about what others are doing - this is a battle you can never win. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be 28 coming out of med school and then will have 7 years of residency afterwards, which for the specialty I'm interested in, is really brutal lol...You should still have some free time, do what you enjoy. Is there something in particular you feel that you're missing out on? If you can, make time for it, but keep your priorities straight. I don't mind sacrificing my time in order to pursue my dream. That's not something everyone can say about their career. Hopefully, you've found something that you're passionate about too.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th.Streeter View Post

You should have went to a trade school. I'm taking physical therapy on the 18th and I'm finishing it in December.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
I graduated at about that age and I missed out on my 20s. For a lot of us, 20s, and even 30s are about figuring things out. You'll still be young, don't stress yourself out about it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

Ph
Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourself View Post
You should have went to a trade school. I'm taking physical therapy on the 18th and I'm finishing it in December.
Ywical therapy is a trade it usually takes 2 years.

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
****, you guys always scare the crap out of me. Pls tell me i'm going to get my life together before i turn 20. Pls just say it!
I cant tell you that..only you can get your shxt together..but your only 20..start now! Get your licence,go to school..whatever it is..do it!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

Idk man, 20's is usually exploring and finding yourself..even now in college.. Its hard to make friends since everyone already has their friends for life... And at 30 while I'm finally learning how to be an adult act..people have kids and are entering that phase of their life..so idk.. :/ but I am interested in those summer courses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike285 View Post
Usually they have summer courses if you're looking to cut some time down. I wouldn't stress about being that age. And saying 20s is the best years of your life is completely relative. Plenty of people have amazing lives well after their 20s. Stop comparing yourself to others or worrying about what others are doing - this is a battle you can never win. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be 28 coming out of med school and then will have 7 years of residency afterwards, which for the specialty I'm interested in, is really brutal lol...You should still have some free time, do what you enjoy. Is there something in particular you feel that you're missing out on? If you can, make time for it, but keep your priorities straight. I don't mind sacrificing my time in order to pursue my dream. That's not something everyone can say about their career. Hopefully, you've found something that you're passionate about too.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJam View Post
I graduated at about that age and I missed out on my 20s. For a lot of us, 20s, and even 30s are about figuring things out. You'll still be young, don't stress yourself out about it.
Thank you, ill try not to have a crisis about it..
Its a good thing I'm an artist,they're supposed to be eccentric xD..

Thank you.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:13 PM
All Time Cute

at least you will have some kind of real qualification that should make it easier to snag a decent job.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
Don't worry about it. You'll still be young.

Quote:
Are you sure it's not physical therapy assistant?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Don't worry about it. You'll still be young.

Are you sure it's not physical therapy assistant?
It says on the paper physical therapy technician

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
It says on the paper physical therapy technician
In the medical coding world, a technician is an assistant. I don't know if that's the same as what your trade school is teaching though.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:59 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
In the medical coding world, a technician is an assistant. I don't know if that's the same as what your trade school is teaching though.
Oh yeah I didn't know that, but yeah it's like an six month course and it costs 14,000.. They're giving me six months afterwards to find employment. It has 80 percent work placement so I hope things go well and I'm smart enough or else I just screwed myself signing up..

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
happy i dodged a bullet

Wow just 6 months that's neat..but I'm already too close to stop now, I only have maybe 3 classes keeping me fro the program. As a physical therapist assistant,ill definitely make good money 26$ an hour..just trying to keep my eyes on the prize.
Quote:
Oh yeah I didn't know that, but yeah it's like an six month course and it costs 14,000.. They're giving me six months afterwards to find employment. It has 80 percent work placement so I hope things go well and I'm smart enough or else I just screwed myself signing up..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page