first day at work - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

first day at work

I just came back from first day at work after 3 months of no work. I left my previous work place cause I couldn't handle the stress and got another less stressful job.

I couldn't eat the whole day and the previous day too and by the end of the day I almost fainted cause I am really tired and I am having a splitting headache now.

Work place is good but the people are not so friendly. I felt so out of place. Noone talked to me that much. There were few other new joinees as well who were mixing well with the others. It's just me sitting there all alone looking odd. Something tells me I am not gonna like this job too. I just want to curl up in my bed and like there all day for the rest of my life

Just wanted to rant. Please leave a message if you feel like it and thanks a lot for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
SAS Member

yeah, it's never easy. work inherently sucks, not much you can do about it. just try your best to seem friendly and open. i think people naturally gravitate towards nice people. if you ever find yourself talking to a co-worker, just be nice! maybe yo could at least have someone to talk to at work, and then they'll most likely introduce you to new people. good luck! and keep your head up, i know it's tough a lot of the time but you just have to push through the crap to get to the good parts.

"I'm afraid that sometimes you'll play lonely games too. Games you can't win 'cause you'll play against you."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice on Time View Post
yeah, it's never easy. work inherently sucks, not much you can do about it. just try your best to seem friendly and open. i think people naturally gravitate towards nice people. if you ever find yourself talking to a co-worker, just be nice! maybe yo could at least have someone to talk to at work, and then they'll most likely introduce you to new people. good luck! and keep your head up, i know it's tough a lot of the time but you just have to push through the crap to get to the good parts.
I disagree, work inherently is stressful, but it counts is it is worth it. I work in a job where you are by yourself most of the day, but despite the lack of social interaction I do my job well and the bosses like me for that. At the end of day it is more important to have the bosses in your good graces than co workers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page