Feeling Suicidal After Every Social Rejection - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 07:55 PM
The Rejected 1

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
I'd be happy to help and offer advice, if you want.

Constructive self analyzing is okay.....but not harsh critical self analyzing where you are constantly punishing yourself.
I hate to turn you down, but I've been around trying to figure all this out for a total of 17, going on 18 years! I've seen doctors and I've talked with many people online. What I need is more than any information can help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-08-2020, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

I can totally identify. I pretend not to be, but feel like I'm in a hole that I can't pull myself out of. I'm old, overweight, unattractive, working a job that I don't like with a horrible boss who I have to interact with constantly (and for which I'm totally underpaid), and so on. The few friends I have always seem to be busy (they both have seemingly normal lives), and any time I've tried to become friendly with someone, it's always a self serving piece of crap who takes advantage of my kindness. I've tried to apply for other employment, but no one seems to want to give me a chance. I've attempted to be proactive on dating websites, but never get anywhere (when they see what I look like, I guess I can't blame them). I just feel totally hopeless sometimes. Only escape I have is when I'm with my dog or at the gym (which isn't near as much as I would like) or it's the end of the week and I have a little free time. I feel like I'm the only person going through this.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikein609 View Post
I can totally identify. I pretend not to be, but feel like I'm in a hole that I can't pull myself out of. I'm old, overweight, unattractive, working a job that I don't like with a horrible boss who I have to interact with constantly (and for which I'm totally underpaid), and so on. The few friends I have always seem to be busy (they both have seemingly normal lives), and any time I've tried to become friendly with someone, it's always a self serving piece of crap who takes advantage of my kindness. I've tried to apply for other employment, but no one seems to want to give me a chance. I've attempted to be proactive on dating websites, but never get anywhere (when they see what I look like, I guess I can't blame them). I just feel totally hopeless sometimes. Only escape I have is when I'm with my dog or at the gym (which isn't near as much as I would like) or it's the end of the week and I have a little free time. I feel like I'm the only person going through this.
Sorry to hear about your troubles friend. I know exactly how you feel. Nobody wants to deal with me because of my speech problem. They might show interest at first, but when they hear me talk, they just don't bother.

How often do you try to find other employment? Is it something that you still try or did you try in the past?

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 04:31 AM
SAS Member

I feel the same way. It is utter hell having a brain like this and dealing with the mass rejection and awkwardness it produces. I've had one suicide attempt (unsuccessful) but have been thinking about it continuously for a long time.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 04:32 AM
SAS Member

The crazy and ironic part is that even if we did commit suicide no one would know why or care because most of us are so isolated and know so few people well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page