Feeling really down and alone - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Feeling really down and alone

Hey everyone! I feel really down. I came home to visit my mom because I really missed her and living at school with my sister and roommate, Macy (my sister's friend) was being unbearable. Macy broke her foot and went to the hospital. So naturally, I am being nice and sending cards, etc. But when it's visiting hours, my sister does not let me go with her or talk to Macy over the phone. I tell her to tell Macy that I said hi, but she always seems to forget, just like how she forgets to bring my cards over. I don't know. I know they are close and I am often the third wheel, but I can't help but feel that my sister does not want me to be too close as Macy is her friend. If you read my other posts, you know that I have been suffering a lot because of this situation between Macy and my sister and me. Do you think I'm taking this too personally? Maybe they just need some time together and I am overstepping the line.
So anyways, I come home. My mom sees me for about 10 minutes and tells me she has plans to go out with her friends. So, now I am alone and miserable and am over-eating to numb myself. Gosh, I have soo many emotions running through me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
SAS Member

You are taking it too personally. I was the same with my brother, didnt wanna share friends. It was nothing really against him, its just having something he didnt. Being separate from him.

Looking back, i was just an immature kid. Then again so was he.....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
mmm... donuts

Sorry you are feeling alone.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 03:37 AM
SAS Member

Wow...your sister sounds a little insecure. I thought that whole, 'She's my best friend, so she can't be yours,' thing ended in primary school. Maybe it is better to give them their space - I don't know - but passing on cards and regards is common curtesy.

Maybe you should go visit Macy one day, regardless of what your sister says/does, and casually ask whether she's been receiving all the cards and the hi's. That way, at least she'll know you've been sending them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hey everyone!!!! Thanks sooo much fro all the great advice and hugs. I appreciated them all very much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page