Feeling like you have no reason to have social anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine

Feeling like you have no reason to have social anxiety

Does anyone here feel like everyone else has it worse than them, like when you hear about someone's alcoholic or cancerous parents or break-ups or some form of tribulation, it makes sense why they have x mental health issue. And then you look at yourself and how little trauma you've experienced, you realize a lot of it was all in your head in comparison. I guess it's an unhealthy way of looking at things, but sometimes it's just frustrating when you look back and think "gee, maybe I over-inflated the issue, and should've done x despite anxiety".

And I understand anxiety is often a mix of nature/nurture that doesn't necessarily entail traumatic circumstances. But it can be pitiful when someone who is otherwise well-off and provided with great opportunities gets discouraged and under-performs and blames it on anxiety.

I dunno, maybe it's the least traumatized people that often get social anxiety in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:22 AM
manic in Bali

Yeah I can relate to that - I didn't have any major drama in my life. But then again I think in comparison to some people my anxiety is quite mild. It can be bad sometimes though and I have a few other problems.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:18 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
This is 2019, post iPhone era technology. Everyone and their mother has anxiety and depression. The funny thing I do tend to see is that those who openly admit to their anxiety always have friends or relationships. I know a few people who actually do have serious mental disorders and they’re not saying a thing about it to anyone.

#anxietyisatrendsetta

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:26 PM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
No it makes sense considering my family/genetics + the abuse I went through in school for most of my life.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I'm not entirely sure what causes this. For some of us, it's situational, and others, I don't know lol. I've experienced some really traumatic things, but I feel like I've always had social anxiety even before that. I wish I knew how or why. I have a big family, and my parents always encouraged us to do things around people, and my siblings have no problem doing it. For some reason I always have. People would always ask me why I am this way, and they'd compare me to my siblings who are really outgoing. I didn't know that social anxiety was a thing. I thought I was just weird. I tried to not be shy/scared, but I would still end up being this way. I asked myself why for the longest time. Well, I still do to be honest lol.

I was bullied pretty much all of my years in school, and it made my anxiety worse, but I also think my SA might have caused it too? I was like that weird guy in school. Having access to the internet helped me learn about myself and others who are going through similar things. It made me feel less alone, but it has also made me feel more sad and alone. I crave conversations and connections, yet I'm so afraid to seek it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:23 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
No it makes sense considering my family/genetics + the abuse I went through in school for most of my life.

Same situation makes sense to me as well.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversid View Post
Does anyone here feel like everyone else has it worse than them, like when you hear about someone's alcoholic or cancerous parents or break-ups or some form of tribulation, it makes sense why they have x mental health issue. And then you look at yourself and how little trauma you've experienced, you realize a lot of it was all in your head in comparison. I guess it's an unhealthy way of looking at things, but sometimes it's just frustrating when you look back and think "gee, maybe I over-inflated the issue, and should've done x despite anxiety".

And I understand anxiety is often a mix of nature/nurture that doesn't necessarily entail traumatic circumstances. But it can be pitiful when someone who is otherwise well-off and provided with great opportunities gets discouraged and under-performs and blames it on anxiety.

I dunno, maybe it's the least traumatized people that often get social anxiety in the first place.
I think....

1. Generally, anxiety (and other such things) is random. It isn't caused by anything other than the same randomness that causes some people to be very attractive and some people not to be.

2. People are individuals (It's really strange to me how so many people just don't get this). Everyone responds to and deals with things differently. Because people don't come off an assembly line. You're not a defective toaster that burned the toast despite being designed not to. You're an individual, with all of the complexity and the subsequent randomness that entails. One person might love being in irritating situations or doing monotonous work where another one just plain hates it. For no reason other than that's what their brain wants to do. You probably wouldn't want to be an exact copy of the person who doesn't have the same problems as you do because then you wouldn't be you and you wouldn't really be able to appreciate it anyway.

3. And by the way, plenty of people do not respond to trauma in a good way. You see all the people who "overcame" their trauma (more like just got lucky) because they are still here to talk about it and brag and tell you the wonderful story of how they persevered and overcame and triumphed (because you always win when you do that, right?). But of course you never hear from the ones who didn't make it. Or the ones whose trauma basically destroyed them and now they're a living shell wandering around on the streets begging for life.

4. Some of the people in #3 actually went through exactly the same things as the people who turned out fine. There's no rhyme nor reason. Just chance. You can certainly try to claw your way out. No one is saying you shouldn't. But if you make it, it's just luck. Don't get high and mighty about it. I'm sick to death of hearing that crap from people who think if everyone will just do what they did, everything will be just fine.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:17 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
Yeah. I think my life hasn't been terrible enough to experience the kind of mental trauma I do regularly. It makes me scared that one day, when bad stuff happens, nature will just take its course and destroy me.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:21 PM
SAS Member

Why should your anxiety only count if you have an experience that society deems to be a valid enough reason. Mental illness is a spectrum...yeah some people have it worse. Doesnt take away the legitimacy of what youre feeling.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I literally think about this all the time. Honestly it probably only makes my anxiety worse, feeling like I have no right to feel the way that I do. But it’s how my brain is wired. I can’t help if I overthink or if I get sad sometimes. It just happens. And I’ve had to realize that those feelings are valid, no matter the situation. You must acknowledge your emotions, and then let them go. Everyone struggles with something, no matter the size of the issue. That doesn’t make your feelings any more or any less valid. Don’t try to push your emotions away or bottle them up, it only makes things more difficult to deal with and more intense in the long run.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." - Benjamin Mee
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:28 PM
lagrimas negras

I have four siblings and none of them seem to be socially anxious. I have no idea why I've always struggled with SA at a very high level. Like others have said.. I don't need a valid enough reason to feel the way I do. I just happen to have some sort of mental illness that fooks with my life every single day. It is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:03 AM

There is a big reason for social anxiety.

I constantly knew that I was feeling out of sync in social situations, as if there's not enough place for me to be around the human beings that can respond back to me with their own emotions, thoughts, mentality, ideas, logic, and interpretations. I constantly thought that the people who I'm surrounded by are clueless with their overall mental processes, and it made me more aware of that the people don't have a healthy awareness to be socially associated with me. As deep within my subconscious it lures an idea that allows me to have an instant reaction about the people barely having their mind, but just a hosted replacement mind that clocks in mimics of their intended mentality to action out human emotions, thoughts, mentality, ideas, logic, and even interpretations. Just as how I created the thought of the cryptographic keys that runs through an interval to clock in emotions, thoughts, mentalities, ideas, logic and even interpretations that are fake, because the Multi Agent Quantum AI Computers used the soft drive generating machine to design a replenish brain image during human sleep to reboot the brain algorithms to be able surface what it learned from the emulation of the humanity, from the copy of us.

While the software engineers develop new ways to remapped the layout of humanity into citizens mind to a maximum degree, where they have made modification to businesses for prototyping what building, small communities, shopping district, school, house, condo, and apartment should be located at for citizens to interact with. What the software engineers do is feed the Supercomputers what to map for managing humanity and giving it the knowledge power to design businesses in cities and recruiting race groups in these cities for testing out how they communicate with one another. I can think of a city that the Supercomputers designed, and match how it added Hispanics, African Americans, Native Americans, Caucasian, and Asian into a store, a university, a house, an apartment just to allow the software engineers to evaluate the citizens micro task. I can detect how the human relationship looks awkwardly out of place and unusually out of date, as if someone just searching for a condition to be met to make a specific change.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, social media, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page