Feeling hurt/sad /frustrated - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Feeling hurt/sad /frustrated

I'm in the middle of a love triangle and it keeps hurting me more and more, i have severe depression, i have a secret relationship with my therapist, i love her so much, i want to be with her but she has a husband and 2 kids, for days now i feel like crying continuously and throwing up, everything is so blurry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:57 AM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
You need a new therapist. Incredibly unethical of her to have an affair with a client, and she obviously doesn't care about your mental health as much as her own pleasure. Report her and get a professional who'll do their job.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yeah that's pretty common apparently (well you developing feelings not the therapist acting on it that's very unethical and probably would result in being fired,) you need to find a new therapist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 08:45 PM
SAS Member

From the few women i was with who I dated, i think that all relationships are bonkers and wacky, so your situation might not even be that unhealthy all things considered. As someone who has been sexually frustrated for a long time, i would almost say keep it going as long as you can. It is unethical but there are worse things both of you could be doing, you know. If you are an emotional wreck and crying and sick, that to me is more of a reason than anything else to break it off with her and start the healing process.

In your situation, it seems like the type of thing that will implode on it's own at some point, so i would just have fun with it as long as you can, and emotionally detach yourself from her, or the possibility of being with her. Then when it really is over, you can say you got as much out of the situation as you could have (not just strictly sex, everything)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
^ this is terrible advice considering what the OP said in his post, and just because you're projecting onto the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
^ this is terrible advice considering what the OP said in his post, and just because you're projecting onto the OP.

I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2020, 06:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I wasn't even really saying that literally "my advice is to stay with her" I just know that everyone else is saying how horrible it is and to break it off. My point is that all relationships are screwed up and dysfunctional on some level, so as wrong and unethical as it is, all it can do is psycholgically mess with someone's head. I am just saying, if he is an emotional wreck, that is more of a reason to end it than anything. Maybe she should even be fired for what she is doing working as a professional, but I don't think it is that bad, in other words, there is much worse going on in the world than what these 2 are up to. I don't know what you mean about me projecting. If anything, he should try to get closure with her before it ending somehow. If he is sick and crying, this doesn't sound healthy but he can do what he wants to do. If he stops seeing her, in a twisted way, he not only gives up the advice but the sex or intimacy, I am just saying

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page