Feel such an idiot for cancelling appointment with doctor - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Feel such an idiot for cancelling appointment with doctor

I was referred by my GP to see a gastroenterologist through NHS because of mild persistent and annoying discomfort in my lower left abdomen and stool test. Had to wait for 12 months.

For about a year the pain and discomfort stopped, the first appointment was cancelled due to an error with their bookings, the second one because of an ill doctor. Both times caused me a lot of anxiety just going there, plus the pressure at home, feeling mentally depressed with life and everything. It hadn't bothered me for about a year and the anxiety of going to the hospital and bus to a town 2 hours away that I am not familiar with and thought it was gone so cancelled it eventually.

Now it is back, bloating, stomach cramps and soreness...
this is now just another mountain of regret I placed on myself now. I just feel stupid I cancelled it.

Now I don't know what to do. I been having other physical issues with my ears, numbness in my spine and constant tension headaches for 5 years now, and want to see someone about that too.

So it's back to square one.

I feel embarrassed about going back to the GP to write another referral letter for me. I will have to wait again for another 12 months if I re-book again.

I feel such a time waster, an idiot, and he will probably think I am too...
I just wish this life could end. Because I give up with everything. At the same time, I would never end this life. Can't do that.

Just so frustrated right now and regretful.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page