Feel Slightly Sad Lockdown is Over - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 04:21 AM
experimental sincerity

Reading people's comments on the internet, many non-SA people also feel reluctant to return to their usual lives. Staying at home, sleeping in, being able to work on their hobbies or actually spend time with their families became a painful reminder of what life would be like without the yoke of working to live (again, that's just some. There are also plenty of people to whom lockdown meant debt, fear, stress, worse mental health, domestic violence and what-not).

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 05:28 AM
SAS Member

I suspect it won't end for quite a few people. My wife is a librarian and she said that a few other people mentioned recently that they'd much rather just keep working from home. Libraries tend to be the work-place of the introvert though - although not everybody of course.

I think a lot of people that are able to work from home will continue to do so for quite a while yet. They're even insisting on it for at least the next month in my state - largely to reduce congestion on the trains etc.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 05:38 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Yeah having too much time to think is not good for me anyway, I'm working this week again, delivery driver, it's fairly easy to socially distance in this kind of job anyway.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 08:01 PM
SAS Veteran

It is like a relief to be in lockdown. Things are easing up here too but I'm not a person who goes a lot of places. Just my own little town mostly. But when things get normal, I feel like I will have to do more. Like go to the doctors and I dont like going. I had one video session with the psychiatrist in March. When I need to go again I hope he will still have the video option.

"A simple man believes everything he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15-The New English Bible
'O the depth of God's richness and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgements are and past tracing out his ways are!'-Romans 11:33
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 04:04 AM
SAS Member

Language: EN, LT, RU
Easing lockdown is bad, cuz more cases and deaths will occur. I like/-ed lockdown, cuz I could sit at home and do nothing. I mean its dumb when we have all the tech and still have to go to offices. Im not working, Im student but still. As for mental state I was OK, I have 0 friends so nothing was lost. One bad thing was that I cant go and wander in nearby forest (wrll, I can, but I put more restrictions on myself than the govt). Another bad thing is that I planned to work somewhere at summer and with many ppl unemployed who would care about hiring a student for 2+ months.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 02:54 PM
SAS Member

Personally I'm really glad it's over. Unlike a lot of people I still had to go into work every day, so there was no change there. I was mainly worried about spreading it to my parents and if I was going to get laid off. The only difference was there was nothing to do on the weekends or outside of work, since most places were closed and it was hazardous. I was actually just hoping I wouldn't have to start working from home because then there would be no way to get away from home.

I hope we don't have to do this again. I understand the need to shut down the first time and all because we didn't know what would happen. But at this point I think those especially vulnerable should stay home as much as possible and the rest of us just practice safety and start going out again as we need to, depending on how comfortable we feel. Isolate nursing homes, hospital patients with it, no large gatherings, etc and move on. We can't live like this forever waiting on a vaccine that may never come. There is a better way to do this than lock everyone at home for months on end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeur_brise View Post
It feels I'm one of the few that's slightly relieved at the notion of no more lockdown. Although no more pandemic would be even better. I somewhat like the outside noise and the option to choose in or out, though I chose in moreso than out. Retail therapy was one of my outlets. Thankfully, my wallet is relieved, safe and sound. I won't be going to any hair salons soon for safety. Or much of anything else for safety. I think, however, I'd rather be out and about now than for that dreaded second wave, like a horrible death tsunami. Call me evil and paranoid. .Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk.
I'm with you on that. I just want the freedom to choose too. I have been saving a lot of money too. I am not going to any barber shops and won't be eating in any restaurants for a while either. But I think places should have the option to be open and people have the option to work. Let people make the decision on whether they feel comfortable going out or not.

I just wish the pandemic was over. I'm so tired of hearing about it and all of the fear of things never being the same already. I don't believe it though. Heck, they already almost are around where I am. Not sure yet I consider that a good thing as far as a second wave though. What worries me is people seem to think this is over, and won't wear masks or distance, or forget to, and I worry that will cause another wave. I really hope we don't have one, but I'm kinda like you are, I'd rather take advantage of the freedom now, safely, than not be able to when there is a second wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Reading people's comments on the internet, many non-SA people also feel reluctant to return to their usual lives. Staying at home, sleeping in, being able to work on their hobbies or actually spend time with their families became a painful reminder of what life would be like without the yoke of working to live (again, that's just some. There are also plenty of people to whom lockdown meant debt, fear, stress, worse mental health, domestic violence and what-not).
And some of us still had to go to work, we didn't have the option of working at home. Frankly, I didn't want that option. Staying home on the weekends was kind of relaxing, since I did enjoy simpler things rather than going out often. But after two months enough is enough.

And yes, there are lots of other isses you mention. And also health issues, people were afraid to even go to the hospital if they had an emergency. I mean come on, life is not all about the virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
I think I'll also feel a bit upset over it but I guess my circumstances are different. I can relate to feeling relief from not having to feel like you need some kind of "exciting lifestyle" while in quarantine.

It felt nice not having to come up with some excuse or magical explanation for why I'm always home bound. God forbid I don't feel like doing anything sometimes.

Now that everyone was in the same boat, it felt nice they couldn't judge me for something they themselves were being put under. They wouldn't accept it under normal circumstances but now that they themselves are stuck doing the same, nothing can be said.

The whole thing has been like a introverted paradise without the stigma being applied.
I posted about this too, how I felt like I didn't feel as if I was missing out or boring during the stay at home. But honestly I got to where I didn't care anymore and it got boring after two months, even one.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 02:57 PM
All Time Cute

well, you can still stay in lockdown if you personally choose. still the safer option anyways. people were just getting restless but if you are used to not going out much, then it's not that big a deal.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 12:20 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I feel the same way I'm going to miss this lockdown. I miss when the streets was a ghost town and everything was closed accept for the grocery stores.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
A Person

My Mood: Worried
In the UK we're in a partial lockdown. Shops are opening next week. For me, I just feel like I can't relax. In a full lockdown I knew where I stood. You couldn't go out, and that was the end of story. Now you can go out, but not at the same time. It's just confusing. People are still contracting the virus which means it's still in the air, so why are people acting normal? They've been talking about a second wave, but if there was one we would have seen it by now. So, I just don't know what to think. I feel like I don't know where I stand, and I don't like it.

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

I pity the people who actually found lockdown stressful for social reasons. I understand the stress of being unemployed totally, but just the people *****ing that they couldn't hang out in person looked so whiny it was actually kind of funny! Having social anxiety there are sometimes I've hung out with friends when I really just wanted to be working on my hobbies which I have a lot of. I've been taking a lot of time to draw, get back into guitar, and play a lot of video games now and it was great! But if you can take anything positive from lockdown ending, use the pressure you feel to succeed and try to get closer to a goal every day
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 06:24 PM
SAS Member

Last weekend I went out to a few stores including Home Depot and just wandered around browsing. Yeah, I have anxiety so if I had to talk to them or they knew me personally, I would get anxious. But there is something I get from being around groups of people, not talking to them or anything but just being around them that I have to have. And somehow that made me feel a lot better after I went out and got home. Seeing cars on the road, people walking around and shopping, etc, just felt good. I've had the same feeling on regular weekends in the past when I might go into town and browse and have lunch out.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 06:30 PM
drifting in mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy07 View Post
Last weekend I went out to a few stores including Home Depot and just wandered around browsing. Yeah, I have anxiety so if I had to talk to them or they knew me personally, I would get anxious. But there is something I get from being around groups of people, not talking to them or anything but just being around them that I have to have. And somehow that made me feel a lot better after I went out and got home. Seeing cars on the road, people walking around and shopping, etc, just felt good. I've had the same feeling on regular weekends in the past when I might go into town and browse and have lunch out.
Yeah I took my Dad out for a birthday dinner and didn't realize that I'd missed being around people congregating and enjoying themselves.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
A Person

My Mood: Worried
I can't relate to the above two posts at all..

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2020, 03:23 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I missed my partner, friends and being able to travel but tbh I actually enjoyed being alone and having all this time to myself in my room. For the first time I could be guilt free being lazy and can enjoy my hobbies.

Im dealing with the back to work dread as I will be back in a few weeks but in a way I am relieved that I have one to get back to despite the many job losses in the past few months.

Gonna miss my walks with hardly seeing cars in sight xD
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 12:40 PM
SAS Member

Language: Eng.
it is very familiar
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

It's really hitting me now i have nothing to do once everything opens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page