Feel Slightly Sad Lockdown is Over - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
A Person

My Mood: Worried
Unhappy

Feel Slightly Sad Lockdown is Over

Lockdown here is starting to be lifted a little bit and things are starting to go a tiny bit back to normal....well I'm not going to lie...I feel a tiny bit depressed about it!

Because with lockdown, it felt like a relief. A relief on trying to fit into society. Slightly overweight? Yes Because I've been inside the past week following government rules.
No friends and a social life? No relationship and not even looking for one? Well you can't go out anyway so what's the point!
Low-paid job? Well no point looking for a good career during a lockdown

With things going back to normal, I now have to go back to normal myself. There was something nice about being cooped at home because there was literally no other option. I didn't have to feel guilty if I wanted to stay inside all weekend, talk to no-one and watch Youtube. In reality I always felt guilty and wrong for doing that. Now I have to face reality.....And I know that it's better then people being ill and catching viruses and everything...but still, I feel a little bit depressed about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
A Person

My Mood: Worried
As well as that, I found on my crush was single during lockdown. I felt relieved! There was no way he could find a bae when everyone has to be inside all day. But now, not anymore....

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:45 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Man, I could not relate less. I'm not used to a restriction on movement.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:47 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Yeah as an anxiety suffer it was nice I guess to have less pressure on you. Didn't have to worry about work anxiety, transportation anxiety, people asking you why you're inside all the time, etc.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:04 PM
alien monk

yeah lockdown was kind of awesome. I dont have an excuse for being me anymore. and now I realised how badly I was doing before lockdown also. I want to get healthier but idk if I'll follow through. I didnt have to think about that during lockdown.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:02 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
aw man i need a bae
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 01:45 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
Iím not gonna lie, more money from govít than working part time has been great for me. So too not working(even though it was the main source of my social interactions).
What has sucked has been being couped up with my bro with his drinking habits & inviting his friends and/or neighbours to join sometimes & not being able to be avoidant cause itís rude even though could just say Iím trying to be safe. If I lived alone this lockdown wouldíve been ideal for me. That said, seeing how crazy itís making normal socially active people like my bro, itís good itís easing up now for the vast majority
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 02:36 AM
Social Pothole

Nearly everyone is you for a few months, so you don't feel as self conscious like you have always been for a long time. Now that's over. I get the feeling. Although I won't necessarily feel sad about it, since it is a pandemic and all.

But it's sad realizing that others have been living my life for just a week and are already venting about how torturing it feels. It kind of gives myself a reality check. Though lockdown here isn't over yet.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 10:30 AM
mse
SAS Member

Yep. Now the pressure is back on.

Me - unemployed with bachelors and a masters degree. Afraid and awkward around people in case they ask me what I do for a living. 32. Massive pressure to get my life sorted but don't know how.

No social life.

Also me - no girlfriend or friends. I have some aquaintancies at a running club and that is it. I don't know where I can meet a girl.

Lockdown took the pressure off. I suppose there are 5 million + others unemployed though???

Idk.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 12:22 PM
SAS Member

Don't worry it will come back again.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 01:11 PM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
Don't worry it will come back again.

You bet it will. My guess would be october-november

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 03:22 PM
Taking out the trash 🗑

Language: American English, Russian
I feel you. I enjoyed quarantine, being free from most responsibilities besides bills (which untapped unemployment has helped with), and overall being able to focus my attention on getting all the vegging I could ever desire out of my system.

So I'm basically so starved for something that isn't instantly gratifying that I'm easing back into things better than before. I don't know how else to describe it. Perhaps it also has to do with my decision to go sober after the lockdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
Isn't it a bit early to worry about that at 7 years old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 03:56 PM
SAS Member

It was like an asocial life demo for social people.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 03:46 PM
SAS Member

This is literally how I've felt!

Show this to everyone who does not understand social anxiety
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3KDiUq9AdM&t=219s
_
Youtube poops are the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-w0LmOiqaA
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 05:02 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I don't mind. I wouldn't want this to be forever. I've not benefited from the lock-down much so I'd like to get out by now and see my sister and dad. I also could've got to do other things was it not for this. Though, I still don't feel very safe about COVID-19. I'd just have to be more careful.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:12 AM
SAS Member

Haha this is how I feel!

I was made redundant so during the lockdown I didn't feel too much pressure in looking for a job.

Now that restrictions are easing I'm putting pressure on myself.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:23 AM
SAS Member

Language: American English, Gibberish
Admittedly, 'now' I am trying to get more out there with certain things to which before the lock down I would either avoid or had no time for. Apparently I could be physically going back to work 4 - 6 weeks from now. Still hesitant about that, considering that very young children are involved.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Dead
I've had a bad experience during the lockdown so I'm the opposite. I was already very underweight, but I ended up losing even more weight and I lost the chance to see the only actual friend I've managed to make in college so far. My grades started dropping since classes moved online, because every class felt like it became even more time-consuming and stressful. Classes I have been getting from my online tutoring job have been very little, although I was expecting to be able to start supporting myself with it and that it would be a nice opportunity right now since it's a work from home job.

I thought I'd have an experience where I would finally have more free time and can do more of the things I enjoy, but I ended up only feeling my depression slowly crawling back, after all the hard work I'd started putting in to beat it. The isolation also feels like it has slowly driven me crazy, although I thought I was used to it (since I've been a shut-in before). It felt like this happened at the worst time, because I finally thought I was actually making some progress in my life.

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 08:35 AM
SAS Member

Relatable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Ice Dude55 View Post
With things going back to normal, I now have to go back to normal myself. There was something nice about being cooped at home because there was literally no other option. I didn't have to feel guilty if I wanted to stay inside all weekend, talk to no-one and watch Youtube. In reality I always felt guilty and wrong for doing that. Now I have to face reality.....And I know that it's better then people being ill and catching viruses and everything...but still, I feel a little bit depressed about it.
I think I'll also feel a bit upset over it but I guess my circumstances are different. I can relate to feeling relief from not having to feel like you need some kind of "exciting lifestyle" while in quarantine.

It felt nice not having to come up with some excuse or magical explanation for why I'm always home bound. God forbid I don't feel like doing anything sometimes.

Now that everyone was in the same boat, it felt nice they couldn't judge me for something they themselves were being put under. They wouldn't accept it under normal circumstances but now that they themselves are stuck doing the same, nothing can be said.

The whole thing has been like a introverted paradise without the stigma being applied.

ďThough I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 01:14 AM
acetal dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
It feels I'm one of the few that's slightly relieved at the notion of no more lockdown. Although no more pandemic would be even better. I somewhat like the outside noise and the option to choose in or out, though I chose in moreso than out. Retail therapy was one of my outlets. Thankfully, my wallet is relieved, safe and sound. I won't be going to any hair salons soon for safety. Or much of anything else for safety. I think, however, I'd rather be out and about now than for that dreaded second wave, like a horrible death tsunami. Call me evil and paranoid. .Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page