post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

feel like my 'friend' is using me

I don't know why I put up with this .

Advice please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
roivas yromem eerf lla

she's either one or the other. A true friend or not a friend. depends on your definition and prospective.
Only you know the true details.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
SAS Member

definently useing you. just ignore her *** too and if you dont want to, whenever she comes to you for advice make it short and simple then leave.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i just want luv View Post
she's either one or the other. A true friend or not a friend. depends on your definition and prospective.
Only you know the true details.
Well a true friend won't make me feel like crap, if that's what a true friend does I'll rather have no friends.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

If she is your friend she's not a very good one (in my opinion). You can control this relationship. If you don't like how she treats you, if ignore her. Or better yet (if you can), confront her about it and let her know exactly how you feel. If she says "... I don't give a ****." or acts like she doesn't care, then she's not your friend and is using you. Either way if you want this to stop you need to somehow let her know how you feel and see how she reacts
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful25 View Post
If she is your friend she's not a very good one (in my opinion). You can control this relationship. If you don't like how she treats you, if ignore her. Or better yet (if you can), confront her about it and let her know exactly how you feel. If she says "... I don't give a ****." or acts like she doesn't care, then she's not your friend and is using you. Either way if you want this to stop you need to somehow let her know how you feel and see how she reacts
Thank you for your advice, but seriously confront? ...you and I know i'm too much wuss to do that... I will be keeping my distance from now on, she definitely isn't getting any of my luxurious advice. it's going to be a simple "I dunno" from now on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyla965 View Post
definently useing you. just ignore her *** too and if you dont want to, whenever she comes to you for advice make it short and simple then leave.
Exactly want im going to be doing, but I say this now but I know next time I see her i'm probably going to give in and end up giving advice .
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM
SAS Member

Perhaps you are the only person she feels comfortable with venting this stuff to. If shes a popular person, she might be worried about her social reputation dwindling if others found out about her problems, so therefore she confides in you.

What is it that you really don't like? The blanking you in social groups, or the venting? Or both?

If its only one of those things which bothers you really, then only talk to her about that.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Ego Sum Umbra Bellator

Hmmm... I'd go with what Hopeful25 said. Let her know what's going on and see what happens... that'll tell you everything you need to know.
Why do you put up with it though? Well, quite honestly I'm betting it's because you don't have many friends and are desperate for attention from whoever will give it to you.
I know, I make that sound so horrible, but I also know I do the same thing myself, and I've gone through what you are right now. I didn't want to accept the fact I was just being used and that no one cared, so I ignored all the warning signs. It was a bad call though because I ended up being totally screwed in the end and ended up so much worse off because of it.

So yeah, see what she does when you confront her about it. If she gives you a bunch of **** then move on. A real friend will give a crap if they hurt you or not.
Now keep in mind some times we hurt the people we care about the most, so maybe that's what's going on here. For all you know she feels like other people are using her the same way you feel she is using you.
Also understand that complaining to someone and hanging out with this are two different things. I complain to a friend of mine ALL THE TIME. I absolutely lover her, but I also know I say things that hurt her some times and I don't always make an effort to hang out as much as she might want to (simply because of how messed up in the head I am).
Maybe she's the same way. *shrug*
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by circumlocuter View Post
Perhaps you are the only person she feels comfortable with venting this stuff to. If shes a popular person, she might be worried about her social reputation dwindling if others found out about her problems, so therefore she confides in you.

What is it that you really don't like? The blanking you in social groups, or the venting? Or both?

If its only one of those things which bothers you really, then only talk to her about that.
Its the blanking.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcom View Post
Its the blanking. No she's not popular at all, she only speaks to me and her other 2 friends!
I speak to her friends as well i'm just not that close to them.
I strongly suggest that you only talk about that then. You will both come out better that way. She will still feel like she has a unique bond with you, and you will not be ignored by her.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcom View Post
Thank you for your advice, but seriously confront? ...you and I know i'm too much wuss to do that... I will be keeping my distance from now on, she definitely isn't getting any of my luxurious advice. it's going to be a simple "I dunno" from now on.
It's the better option, and it gets your message across loud and clear . If you ignore her she could start talking **** about you behind your back, or say you're a bad friend and what not. If you tell her straight up there's no easy out for her, you're making it clear that she's neglecting you, and if she refuses to care then she's clearly being a ***** and can't make any excuses for herself. But hey, it's up to you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page