Feel like life is just passing me by - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Feel like life is just passing me by

Anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Funny you mention that lol. Was going to post in the "what's bothering you" thread about that

I was looking through old work emails and saw stuff from 2011 I swear was like a year or two ago. Time is really really depressing
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:04 PM
SAS Member

Yeah, when I was younger. Then I picked something I was passionate about, regardless what anyone else thought. Worked on that every day. Problem solved.

But it's not as easy as it sounds. I have met some people who knew their passion at 5. I have met other people who were 80 who never even had a passion for anything. Regardless if they tried to find it or not.

The way I figure it? Time is passing by us all and we might as well do something with it. Find your passion, you may not feel like this anymore.

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." - Bruce Lee

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
Yeah, when I was younger. Then I picked something I was passionate about, regardless what anyone else thought. Worked on that every day. Problem solved.

But it's not as easy as it sounds. I have met some people who knew their passion at 5. I have met other people who were 80 who never even had a passion for anything. Regardless if they tried to find it or not.

The way I figure it? Time is passing by us all and we might as well do something with it. Find your passion, you may not feel like this anymore.
Thats more difficult for me than the average person because of Asperger's Syndrome as it leaves you with only one choice of interest, usually an odd one that nobody knows about. Its not an excuse, I have tried and nothing.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 09:06 AM
SAS Member

Life has passed me by. I see it wayyyy off on the horizon, a tiny speck getting ever smaller. I got trampled by the normie lemmings running after it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

That's true. More often than I'd like to admit I sit around thinking about all the years I flushed down the toilet trapped with SA. My 20's almost didn't exist.

I'm trying to focus on the now. This moment is all we have. I want to live such that I make the most of every day.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Permanently Banned

Life doesn't stop for anyone. Time seems to move slowly yet here I am wasting away.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
I feel like it has already passed me by and is long gone now.

I ain't got no passions.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 PM
SAS Member

YEP. Seems like everyday is a choice between feeling bored and comfortable and full of regret or trying to do something that is incomprehensible and terrifying. Guess which one I chose?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

Just curious, what is your passion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
"But I'm not good at anything!" Well, I have good news -- throw enough hours of repetition at it and you can get sort of good at anything.

Don't like the prospect of pouring all of that time into a skill? The good news is that the sheer act of practicing will help you come out of your shell. People quit because it takes too long to see results, because they can't figure out that the process is the result.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Irate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompers View Post
YEP. Seems like everyday is a choice between feeling bored and comfortable and full of regret or trying to do something that is incomprehensible and terrifying. Guess which one I chose?
Regret?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Permanently Banned

Well, when you waste your days collecting Thomas the tank engine toys I can see why you might feel some regret.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrotus View Post
Well, when you waste your days collecting Thomas the tank engine toys I can see why you might feel some regret.
I didnt say I regretted anything, that was another poster, all I said was I feel like life was passing me by, has nothing to do with collecting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page