Facebook "friends" - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Facebook "friends"

What does it mean when you are facebook friends with someone but only can see mutual friends and not all their friends? I know they put you on some restriction but just don't why and if they don't consider you a friend just don't want to hurt feelings? Also, I just messaged a few girls trying to be friends and they blocked me, is that a female being scary and thinking I'm creepy thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

I know you used to be able to paypal $1 and message anyone on facebook. I would not take anything seriously on facebook twitter or instagram, they are all basically a pit of nonsense and BS.
The only thing I would use facebook for is to snoop in to see if you know someone from high school or someone you just dealt with, out of curiosity. Posting on facebook is less personal than even texting, it is a complete F-ing joke.

I would not even bother messaging girls on facebook, i would at least sign up to an online dating site, that, as far as online goes, would be more of an actual attempt.

Women blocking you on facebook or a dating site sucks but i would say it is very common. For me to meet 1 woman on a dating site, i might have to message 100 women and then in the process get blocked by 5 or 10. Women have so many messages per day that if they don't block a lot of them you know
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 05:42 AM
⚾🚀📝📸🎬💾🎲⛰🍪💡

Language: None
It means that person selected to not show their friends list. To everyone. Not configurable on a per-person basis.

But messaging people who aren't your friends who you don't have a reason to message is the facebook equivalent of being a Jehovah's Witness at best and creepy at worst, so you shouldn't expect thanks. It's not some chatroom for meeting new people (outside of some Facebook Groups), it's for keeping in touch with people you know.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 06:28 AM
Barbells and kittens

I have my Facebook set where people that aren't on my friends list can't message me. Actually nobody can message me anymore because I uninstalled Facebook Messenger about a year ago, but before that only friends could message me on Messenger. I'm not looking for anyone to be able to just message me out of the blue.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 07:27 AM
SAS Member

Facebook is the kind of place where everyone is connected but no one wants to really connect. It's more of a place for people to show off.
Honestly, I kept messenger because it might be helpful and I blocked most the local ignorants.

As for privacy, some people just have settings set more strict as to only tell others how many mutual friends you guys have instead of seeing their friends total.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 02:35 PM
Someone you used to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It means that person selected to not show their friends list. To everyone. Not configurable on a per-person basis.

But messaging people who aren't your friends who you don't have a reason to message is the facebook equivalent of being a Jehovah's Witness at best and creepy at worst, so you shouldn't expect thanks. It's not some chatroom for meeting new people (outside of some Facebook Groups), it's for keeping in touch with people you know.

This. All of this.

Not even my friends can see my entire friends list, only whether we have mutual friends. And I'm pretty sure only friends can message me. It's not personal. I just keep almost everything on my profile really private because I'm a private person.(And I'm in a ton of groups and I don't need strangers profile stalking me.)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 06:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
I don’t know about all that but I made the stupid mistake of accepting/adding people who I had sex with on my Facebook. Now, they’ll probably notice if I delete them but keeping them there gives me anxiety. Idk, I gotta figure out what to do with them lol..

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 11:29 AM
The real peter pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones98 View Post
I just messaged a few girls trying to be friends and they blocked me, is that a female being scary
This is really common, i've never bothered with facebook in over 10 years, i've tried plenty social networks in the past and always had the same thing happen. Some ways its nothing personal, some of the time there was nothing to judge I no profile picture, they didn't know me anything about me, people just act in a hysterical way. I do find it funny that I can write the word 'hi' or like a post and it will make that person go away, (it is so funny their so scared of a person who likes watching disney movies on tv what can a person do through the internet that is so bad who is to scared to meet with other people anyway?) its just wanting to have what other people have has become this strange thing, theres nothing you can do about it. I don't approach people now, its the only reason i've not gone round the bend.

it is possible to write to people who are famous, theres vloggers they aren't going to stop people writing to them, obviously its not possible to be more than a fan of someone, it may pass the time on.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 01:42 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
Facebook is the kind of place where everyone is connected but no one wants to really connect. It's more of a place for people to show off.
Honestly, I kept messenger because it might be helpful and I blocked most the local ignorants.

As for privacy, some people just have settings set more strict as to only tell others how many mutual friends you guys have instead of seeing their friends total.

That's why I call it Fakebook!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 05:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
That's why I call it Fakebook!
You just made my day!! Fakebook! never thought of that!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 09:40 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
You just made my day!! Fakebook! never thought of that!
You need to stick around - there's more.

I don't even say the real site name. People chuckle just like you did .

There's also Instasham, Quitter/Flitter, Crapchat, Slime (a.k.a. Vine)…

My newest is SickSock - all those stupid videos posted on YouTube (decent video site) where guys keep turning their @$$3$ to the camera with that stupid rap song in the background. I mean, really!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page