Face my fears - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Face my fears

Hey viewer!

I've had anxiety problems for a while now, turns out it runs in the family. Let me map this out as clearly as possible:

For years now (from childhood) I've had this fear that I've got downs or aspergers or some major flaw that my brain is blocking the reality of me to save myself from the pain. I saw a therapist and I got all the answers I really wanted from her. I was varsity football and wrestling, had college classes in highschool but I could NOT shake this fear until I talked with her, she used logic to debunk my fears.

Now, like a cancer, my fear is back and instead of me being a mentally ill person, my fear is that I'm extremely ugly, and that my facial features are dis-combobulated. As in a crooked nose, slanted mouth, tilted ears and eyes and one side of my face more dominant than the other. As I'm sure you can tell I've wasted a lot of time thinking about this and worrying about it, staring at myself for hours in the mirror in the hopes that my brain would stop blocking out the image of myself that I see, and reveals what I truly look like. I've been looking at my senior pictures and I thought, "I would rather know what I look like and learn to cope, than to be ugly and pretend otherwise."

No better place for judgement than the internet I guess.
Fuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhddge here it goes I'm nervous but whatever http://roundedlevel1.imgur.com/all/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Bump
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Anyone? I cant run to my family, I don't trust anybody face to face that I could ask about this, not even a therapist.

Maybe it's a bad time of day to be posting... Sorry I'm impatient and anxious I just haven't stopped thinking about this sense I posted it and it's been tearing me apart all day.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaspacemonkey View Post
By the way whatever you look like, it won't change a thing You'll have to learn to like yourself.
Exactly. I would rather learn to cope than to lie to myself though. I just need the truth first- that's all
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I dont know if this image will work. I'm no good at this sort of thing, sorry :/
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm in no way joking, I wouldn't abuse this website for that type of stuff.

These fears of mine capitalize on my moments of panic, or when I have panic attacks.. and it causes me to see me in a way that looks disgusting. Panic attacks and anxiety have been known to cause hallucinations.. so I guess maybe that's what's happening to me?

I'm so deeply worried about this it took a lot of courage to post those pictures I was shaking the whole way through.. thanks man.

Should I still see somebody about my anxiety?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Big Boo's Haunt

You look cute, dude. Honestly, I think you're handsome and attractive. If I didn't think so, I'd close the thread without replying. There's no "mask" or whatever to try and see through.

**** you and your mandatory custom signature.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
SAS Member

I only came to this thread because you posted in frustration and your a new member. A lot of people aren't keen on the "an I ugly?" threads btw.
Your looks are fine. Your probably better looking than 75% of the population so it's in your head. If you think a therapist would help you,
maybe you should consider it.

-----------------------------------------------

preliminary scan results show that malicious or
potentially unwanted software might exist on your system
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I looked up what BDD was and that is totally the reason for my worries.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page