Ever Explode Into a Rage and Totally Blow it ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Can I pop?

My Mood: Worried

Ever Explode Into a Rage and Totally Blow it ?

I tend to do this occasionally. I did tonight and it wasn't my best moment. It sucks not to be good at finding outlets. Everything is going in and nothing is coming out. I don't sleep either which makes for a perfect storm. I feel bad. Maybe a punching bag is in order.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:30 PM
SAS Member

yes, lol.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
I tend to do this occasionally. I did tonight and it wasn't my best moment. It sucks not to be good at finding outlets. Everything is going in and nothing is coming out. I don't sleep either which makes for a perfect storm. I feel bad. Maybe a punching bag is in order.
I have unfortunately been known to do that too. It's not good.

I'd also just like to point out that you haven't posted in our thread about insomnia yet mate.

(The new member @Eleonora91 has a problem with it too and wants to know how people cope.)

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Broke boy

My whole family has a low EQ, and tend to bottle things up. It’s like Bonnie and Clyde and I scare myself sometimes but on those darker days I usually lock myself indoors if I’m feeling a little spontaneous lol.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:51 PM
The Lost Generation Club

Language: Python, SQL
My Mood: Brooding
Once a year or two since I'm the type who bottles up a lot of crap as well...and tends to pretend that everything is always okay.

INTJ
Liebowitz SA Scale Test: 19(Fear) + 26(Avoidance) = 45
Big 5: O(40); C(65); E(2); A(27); N(32)
Alignment: True Neutral

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 PM
the knowledge void

Define "blow it"
Posted via Mobile Device
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:55 PM
pirate

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
never. i never express anger. people that express their anger kind of scare me. a colleague gets frustrated pretty easily and a while back she was saying she was going to lose it and punching her open hand really hard repeatedly. that's a kind of threatening thing. and my ex who had BPD would totally lose it. screaming at passing cars. when someone is losing control of themselves that is pretty scary to me.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:47 PM
SAS Member

Not in a long time. I used to be quite hotheaded, and my family once considered putting me in therapy for anger management. I think they were just being dicks though, my outbursts usually had a good reason.

I smoked reefer like a chimney for six or seven years and all my anger and aggression faded to the point it hardly exists anymore and I think I could probably use some of it back.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker View Post
It does feel good punching my punching dummy. I forget I have him sometimes and end up taking it out on a few doors which cost me $400 to replace. If only I remembered that day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
Anger is not an emotion I'm very familiar with but I do know that it can be channeled/transfused. I also know that it's by far one of the most dangerous emotions because it can produce a lot of hatred and resentment and you can lose control over your physical actions only to regret what you did afterwards. Anger can be very dangerous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live for the progress that you've made.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Benevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
I tend to take on the emotions of the people I'm with. In my first LTR we fought like cats and dogs because my ex was a very angry (and abusive) person. My last relationship lasted 10 years and we never had a single argument. But my gf was sweet as pie and had a wicked sense of humor. We spent most of our time laughing.

I have to be really careful about who I hang around with because a very negative person can bring me down very quickly. On the other hand, the more fun other people are having, the more fun I'm having.

Wishing she had a mindblowing GUI
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:48 AM
💀

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I don't express it very often in real life, but I'm very angry often.

Quote:
Woah slow down. You're popping those orange smarties like you're House on vicodin.
My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:38 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
I'm an introverted person and I bottle things up as long as I can so I sometimes get these manic, psychotic episodes. It only happened three times in my life. I screamed at the top of my lungs, broke things, started acting crazy like there were invisible people after me. It's always in a panic induced rage. I always feel dreamlike and out of body in those moments. I hope to never experience that kind of panic and anxiety again.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:57 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Angelic
Yes; often

I have recently taken four pc keyboards to the recycling centre, small electrical appliances skip lol

Local pc shop does quite well selling me keyboards lol

Still, they're only 9.99; so what's a tenner?

While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man, wishing he could talk softly in her ear...

While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND, & INSULT her,
there's a man flirting with her, & reminding her, how wonderful she is.

While you HURT your woman,
there's a man wishing he could show her love

While you make your woman CRY,
there's a man stealing smiles from her.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:10 AM
untitled document

Language: None
Only in my sleep. This morning I threw a table at somebody in a dream and they just dodged it and looked at me like I was an idiot and I felt defeated and didn't know how to apologize.

Maybe when you don't sleep you have to do it while awake.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed
No. I don't get rage. Literally never. That's probably why I've never been in a fight. Or at least not a fight where I fought back. I don't fight back. I run. It's a pretty good thing I was always fast when I was younger because I did a lot of running from fights.

------------

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - Carlin
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Can I pop?

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
Define "blow it"
Posted via Mobile Device
Going past rational and appropriate. Anything from saying something you regret (and that probably had no basis in reality) to throwing/breaking something. Generally speaking, an overreaction. I think a lot of times it's bottled up frustration waiting for any little catalyst. I do it rarely now but it still happens occasionally.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Yeah, I occasionally explode into a rage. I get frustrated with life and sometimes it's just is more than I can handle.

Loneliness is not about being alone; it's about not feeling connected.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 AM
AKA Pete Beale

It's very rare I get that angry and explode. I'd say it's happened about 4 times in well over a decade and always been short lived, pretty mild physical altercations with my dad. Last time was October 2017 when my dad was driving me up the wall and getting right in my face, and being horrible, then started throwing some of my stuff all over the room, so I punched a hole in my door. A week later I was assaulted by "her" and threw her on the bed to restrain her.

It takes a lot to get me angry and even then I just end up hurting myself and no one else.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:54 AM
AKA Pete Beale

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
never. i never express anger. people that express their anger kind of scare me. a colleague gets frustrated pretty easily and a while back she was saying she was going to lose it and punching her open hand really hard repeatedly. that's a kind of threatening thing. and my ex who had BPD would totally lose it. screaming at passing cars. when someone is losing control of themselves that is pretty scary to me.
I couldn't deal with "her" obvious BPD. I almost committed "reactive abuse" the last time I saw her, which is totally out of character for me, when she was assaulting me, tore my shirt off and throwing my stuff out the door. I through her on the bed and held her down for a bit and said "calm the **** down, *****" which still bothers me because I never knew what I was fully dealing with, and it was the first time I'd ever spoke to her like that. I would never have hit her because I just can't do it, but I did get physical by throwing her on the bed and holding her down. I had to do that though because she started strangling me and digging her thumbs into my carotid arteries.

If she behaves like this with the wrong person, she's gonna get ****ed up or killed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page