Ever been talked into a Fight? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:21 PM
loser

Someone tried once but I figured I couldn't win because I had a disadvantage. My mate has the ability to get people go berserk just by looking at them, his eyes get really big and people get offended. So 4 I think guys and girls came to him to slap him and push him. He never reacted he just let it happen and so did I because there was this really big guy standing guard my site in case I would go for the counterattack, plus I sat on a bike so any movement by me to get off would result in a barrage of fists to my face. Anyway the leader the gang tried to pump me up by taunting me " are you letting your friend get beat up man?" and stuff like that. I said "well what can I do with your fat friend standing in front of me"? I really tried to avert their attention to me but surprisingly they didn't took the bait and they continued slapping my friend.
If this would happen now I'd go insane and I'd throw everything I have in me at them but I was only 12 years or so and they were older.

I usually put up a big mouth and when I do that I also look extremely calm and collected so I've never been attacked really, I guess it makes an impression.

Also once in a bar a guy deliberately took my friends beer and spill it over him, since my friend didn't react too much. I decided too push the ******* away, immediately I was surrounded by 4 guys but then the bouncers came over and threw them out. Again for some reason I was pretty calm and I actually thought I had a chance to at least beat one or two of them before going down lol. I don't know why I have that confidence in those situations at all, I'm a light weight and have no self confidence yet I think I have the ability to seriously harm anyone who decides to fight me lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Permanently Banned

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Yeah that's why I got kicked out of school. Basically someone slapped me and at first I wasn't bothered but my friends were like go and knock him out lol. So I punched and kneed him and then slammed his head between these two doors a few times and he had to go to hospital. I felt bad after. I'm terrible at fighting which shows how crap the other guy was lol
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:00 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Not sure if you're trolling or you're just this ignorant. I've read two Bruce Lee biographies, read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and John Little's books several times, read and listened to all the interviews of him, his family and students and watched all the documentaries I could find.
I have seen probably 5 Bruce Lee documentaries and to show you i am not full of it, he would punch within 3 feet in about 5 hundredths of a second, he did one inch punches, where people would fly back 6 feet, he would explode 150 pound heavy bags with kicks and the feathers would fly out everywhere. Are YOU trolling? How the hell could you have read 2 biographies and not know that people were offered movie contracts for beating him in a street fight? It is common knowledge. People would come up to him in Hong Kong or wherever he lived, (this was before he moved to San Francisco where he taught Steve McQueen and Kareem Abdul Jabbar in his martial arts school), and strangers back then would tap their feet in front of him in a certain way that was code for "i want to fight" and Bruce would regularly fight people who challenged him in public and from everything i heard he never lost a fight. He would defeat them within seconds and basically go on with his day. This is not in the U.S.

You are basically saying that Bruce reached a point where he became passive and didn't need to prove himself, that is complete nonsense. Bruce carried guns and became extremely paranoid the last few months of his life, I read that in a playboy feature on his life, he also lost 15 or 20 pounds the last few months of his life and was smoking hash. His death certificate said "sensitivity to hashish and brain swelling."

Regardless of that, Bruce was not a bully but never reached a point where he didn't need to prove himself. Because he took on the entire ancient martial arts community which was at odds with him and Jeet Kun Do and felt threatened by him, he was even more of a target the last few years of his life, especially being that he was going to be the first Asian martial arts or action star to break into the U.S.

"The Art of fighting without fighting" was definitely not him passively avoiding fights, Bruce was a fighter in every sense of the word and never would back down from a fight EVER. From everything I know about him, his philosophy was to only move "WITH" his opponent and REACT to them, as opposed to attacking first and leaving himself open to a counter. It is his own personal philosophy and has nothing to do with him passively avoiding a fight. He said in quotes he would make references to being fluid like water and reacting. That is all he really means in general in his philosophy. If you think that Bruce would ever passively avoid confrontations at ANY point in his life, you don't understand him as a martial artist or philosopher.

The scene in the video you showed me was him outsmarting a bully. He tells the bully, "my style is the art of fighting without fighting" but that has nothing to do with him avoiding a fight with him. That was never Bruce's style. Bruce was cocky and super confident his whole life and never avoided a fight or confrontation. I guess you should read a few more biographies. i read about 10 giant Bruce lee magazines with tons of features and articles. God knows what you read

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:56 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disheveled and Lost View Post
I have seen probably 5 Bruce Lee documentaries and to show you i am not full of it, he would punch within 3 feet in about 5 hundredths of a second, he did one inch punches, where people would fly back 6 feet, he would explode 150 pound heavy bags with kicks and the feathers would fly out everywhere. Are YOU trolling? How the hell could you have read 2 biographies and not know that people were offered movie contracts for beating him in a street fight? It is common knowledge. People would come up to him in Hong Kong or wherever he lived, (this was before he moved to San Francisco where he taught Steve McQueen and Kareem Abdul Jabbar in his martial arts school), and strangers back then would tap their feet in front of him in a certain way that was code for "i want to fight" and Bruce would regularly fight people who challenged him in public and from everything i heard he never lost a fight. He would defeat them within seconds and basically go on with his day. This is not in the U.S.

You are basically saying that Bruce reached a point where he became passive and didn't need to prove himself, that is complete nonsense. Bruce carried guns and became extremely paranoid the last few months of his life, I read that in a playboy feature on his life, he also lost 15 or 20 pounds the last few months of his life and was smoking hash. His death certificate said "sensitivity to hashish and brain swelling."

Regardless of that, Bruce was not a bully but never reached a point where he didn't need to prove himself. Because he took on the entire ancient martial arts community which was at odds with him and Jeet Kun Do and felt threatened by him, he was even more of a target the last few years of his life, especially being that he was going to be the first Asian martial arts or action star to break into the U.S.

"The Art of fighting without fighting" was definitely not him passively avoiding fights, Bruce was a fighter in every sense of the word and never would back down from a fight EVER. From everything I know about him, his philosophy was to only move "WITH" his opponent and REACT to them, as opposed to attacking first and leaving himself open to a counter. It is his own personal philosophy and has nothing to do with him passively avoiding a fight. He said in quotes he would make references to being fluid like water and reacting. That is all he really means in general in his philosophy. If you think that Bruce would ever passively avoid confrontations at ANY point in his life, you don't understand him as a martial artist or philosopher.

The scene in the video you showed me was him outsmarting a bully. He tells the bully, "my style is the art of fighting without fighting" but that has nothing to do with him avoiding a fight with him. That was never Bruce's style. Bruce was cocky and super confident his whole life and never avoided a fight or confrontation. I guess you should read a few more biographies. i read about 10 giant Bruce lee magazines with tons of features and articles. God knows what you read
Yeah sure, you watch a few documentaries and read a Playboy article and you think you know more than me. You've written so much bs I would have to go through it all bit by bit but it's all over the place so I cbf, enjoy your knowledge.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

I'd get in fights when I was little, but it was just "play fights". They'd beat me up and laugh at me when I was walking home crying.

A few years ago when I was 20 I almost got into a fight. I went through the fight-or-flight mode and the external stimuli (women screaming inhumanly, 3 cop cars rolling by and the paranoia brought on by it all and being high) was overwhelming. I just froze instead of trying to fight. I ended up walking home with my tail between my legs. I should've manned up

Late Bloomer or Dead Man, idk
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:22 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryE View Post
Before I begin, let me just explain something real quick...I. AM. A. *****. I have never been able to fight or defend myself because my body and head get all messed up when I'm confronted. I stiff up all over. My hands, neck, and jaw muscles tremble and shake, and I feel this intense fear and anxiety. Its been that way my whole life, so I never got into fights or went out of my way to start a fight, or look for a one. I was always avoiding that kind of thing, and whenever I did get hit, I didn't fight back...so that being said...
I feel the same way. A lot of it is the anxiety disorder. Fighting is difficult for people with anxiety disorders because it leads to performance anxiety. Same thing as if you have a panic attack before giving a speech in class. So you freeze up in a stressfull situation where other people are watching and judging you.

I think the best way to learn to fight or not to freeze up when confronted by someone is to learn a martial art or play a physical sport. That will help you get use to physical violence and comfortable with being hit. Kind of like exposure therapy! I was bullied quite a bit in school and I wish I had picked up a martial art or self defense. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Your not the P word. Just not experienced or trained in fighting which make you anxious in those situations. You cant do anything about being the P word in the past but you can make sure it dosent happen again in the future. Lift weights, learn a martial art and develop confidence speaking and in body language will help you greatly. Easier said then done I know
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I got in a lot of them as the result of bullying when I was younger. It took me forever to grow and i look like a pu**y due to being baby faced and lacking confident body language, so I was a walking bullseye. I still am, but I don't plan on ever allowing myself to be bullied again whatever the consequences are.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:38 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Yeah sure, you watch a few documentaries and read a Playboy article and you think you know more than me. You've written so much bs I would have to go through it all bit by bit but it's all over the place so I cbf, enjoy your knowledge.
I watched basically every Bruce Lee documentary that existed, and I read easily 200 pages on Bruce Lee from 10 or 15 oversized magazines I owned, and EVERY DAMN THING I WASTED TIME TYPING TO YOU IS TRUE. WHY DON'T YOU RESEARCH AND GOOGLE ONE OF THE 20 DAMN FACTS I MENTIONED ABOUT HIM AND YOU WILL FIND THEY ARE TRUE. YOU THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE YOU POST A CLIP OF ENTER THE DRAGON WITH HIM MENTIONING "the art of fighting without fighting" and think you have a damn clue about bruce lee. I would love to know what biographies you read, because you did not know one damn FACT I told you. Everything i read and watched were researched. The Playboy thing wasn't an article it was a huge feature on Bruce, and i read massive features in magazines you are too clueless to even know existed and muscle and fitness magazine. You are so clueless about Bruce Lee i can't even begin to tell you. WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE ONE OF THE 20 DAMN FACTS I WASTED MY LIFE TYPING TO YOU AND YOU WILL FIND THEM ALL TO BE TRUE YOU CLUELESS MORON. WHY DONT YOU STOP PESTERING ME. YOU DIDNT TELL ME ONE FACT ABOUT BRUCE. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIM AND BASED ON YOUR RESPONSES, ARE THE LEAST INTELLIGENT PERSON I HAVE MAYBE EVER TYPED TO ONLINE, AND YOU DEBATE WORSE AND HAVE LESS FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLUELESS POINTS THAN ANYONE MAYBE IN ONLINE HISTORY. HAVE A NICE DAY
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:48 PM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Angry

'a fight..~~'

is equivalent as '...drugggzzz' limp, ultimate abysmal grand grotesque lack of detail LIST NEEDED!!! NEVER 'a ahhhh...' OR '...the...' OR '... some...' OR '...anyy...'?????
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 05:13 AM
The Meditator

Quote:
I watched basically every Bruce Lee documentary that existed, and I read easily 200 pages on Bruce Lee from 10 or 15 oversized magazines I owned, and EVERY DAMN THING I WASTED TIME TYPING TO YOU IS TRUE. WHY DON'T YOU RESEARCH AND GOOGLE ONE OF THE 20 DAMN FACTS I MENTIONED ABOUT HIM AND YOU WILL FIND THEY ARE TRUE. YOU THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE YOU POST A CLIP OF ENTER THE DRAGON WITH HIM MENTIONING "the art of fighting without fighting" and think you have a damn clue about bruce lee. I would love to know what biographies you read, because you did not know one damn FACT I told you. Everything i read and watched were researched. The Playboy thing wasn't an article it was a huge feature on Bruce, and i read massive features in magazines you are too clueless to even know existed and muscle and fitness magazine. You are so clueless about Bruce Lee i can't even begin to tell you. WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE ONE OF THE 20 DAMN FACTS I WASTED MY LIFE TYPING TO YOU AND YOU WILL FIND THEM ALL TO BE TRUE YOU CLUELESS MORON. WHY DONT YOU STOP PESTERING ME. YOU DIDNT TELL ME ONE FACT ABOUT BRUCE. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIM AND BASED ON YOUR RESPONSES, ARE THE LEAST INTELLIGENT PERSON I HAVE MAYBE EVER TYPED TO ONLINE, AND YOU DEBATE WORSE AND HAVE LESS FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLUELESS POINTS THAN ANYONE MAYBE IN ONLINE HISTORY. HAVE A NICE DAY
Have a nice day.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
Never been into a real right. I guess thatís the benefit of having anxiety and not putting yourself into bad situations.
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:31 AM
SAS Member

I've not really had many fights in my life. I had a some when younger and high school where I have won and Ive had some where Ive been bantering around and Ive been wrestled down or something but its always been in a jokey way, not seriously beaten up or anything.
But I have had a few times when Im older where people have hit me or got aggressive and have an attitude with me and its usually very out of the blue (to me anyway). I think that is what triggered my anxiety when older and got me over thinking a lot.
I think I carry myself quite confidently or would appear so if you didn't know me , and this is because I am naturally a worrier and anxious. Im not really interested in proving myself or bettering myself at others expense im just trying to get on, stop overthinking and be natural. But this carries a naivety to the fact fact that a lot of people do seem all about the former regarding proving themselves or trying to be top dogg. I can seem overly friendly or comfortable and it definitely puzzles some people. So when they pick up some nervousness or being different it appears like a weakness to them.
And if you are around people with their own issues or have their own agenda like trying to climb a social ladder then they have no shame in trying to flex or make a power play in that regard and its always thrown me if ive been on the end of it. Ive felt exactly like people have mentioned here like being a coward or dwelling what happened.
As mentioned before because I have anxiety its always a struggle to deal with stress so try not to worry or over analyze but because im trying to float through life when I do get someone being very rude or aggressive with me. It throws my fight or flight into array and because I dont want to back down but also not sure if fight is appropriate or comfortable I think I go to freeze most the time and this has bothered me a lot.
Im sure some of it is that im a coward but its more the awkwardness of how to deal with the situation that throws me of balance. And then i start thinking what is it about me why that person thought they could get away with that or how will I deal with that in the future etc.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:42 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
not outside the martial arts gyms I go to.
I think fighting outside organizations dedicated to that, is idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussle View Post
Sadly I'd never been in a real real fight not because I was scared but all the moments that I got close to one or confronted someone they knew what was up and didn't want to fight me or apologized. To this day, I'm kinda hoping someone would test me but I guess it doesn't help that visibly I go to the gym not that it means anything cause I've seen muscular guys get koed easily but whenever someone starts talking **** and I confront them they never admit or de-escalate. The closest is when my step dad tried to punch me and swing on me mad af but he completely missed and fell forward. I kinda liked it though lmao dodging the punch, maybe I should try mma lmao.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/vide...9f4Cb0J1sh896v

Yeah, people tend to think they're big and tough, until they get slammed head first into the concrete and are left handicapped - or dead.

"If you need a safe space, see a therapist" - Jordan Peterson
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:27 AM
SAS Member

And actually, I cracked someone for bullying me while I was in a church cafe with my mom and grandma. He was talking about me and laughing at me with his brother and father. His father stepped in and I got punched, but I only got hit once and not very hard, and the next punch I caught him off balance and threw him. He was fat though, so I guess there's no bragging about that

Late Bloomer or Dead Man, idk
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Have a nice day.
I guess by saying "have a nice day" you think you are taking the high road. It is preposterous that I gave you probably 20 unique facts about Bruce Lee and you were not familiar with one aspect or detail about his life. Your reading comprehension must really need work for you to have read 2 biographies on Bruce and not be able to come up with one fact about him. Your entire knowledge of Bruce Lee which is completely wrong by the way, consists of the clip you showed me from Enter the Dragon where he leads a bully to be cast away on an island after he tells him his style of fighting is "the art of fighting without fighting." Maybe in your mixed up confused world you thought it meant backing away and avoiding a fight. In that clip, he outsmarted a bully who kicked some peasant's stuff. BRUCE IS A MARTIAL ARTIST FIRST AND FOREMOST, and he is not a bully but he is a violent person who would never advocate backing down against anyone. I keep trying to tell you that Jeet Kun Do and Bruce's philosophy was to react and WAIT until his opponent kicks or punches or does something to expose himself before Bruce would attack. He was basically saying that the centuries old style taught in Kung fu schools was archaic and taught very basic techniques. Bruce's whole point in terms of philosophy was that everyone has a weakness. If you punch or kick first, you are exposing yourself and leaving yourself open for attack. I guess your next snarky reply will be: "You win" or "Thank you for your time" or some ridiculous nonsense. I guess you feel you won, when you could not even make one basic point and had to resort to posting a video which proves nothing by the way, because your grasp of the English language is so lacking, as well as your knowledge of any kind of Bruce's philosophy or any basic knowledge of any kind
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 PM
The Meditator

Quote:
I guess by saying "have a nice day" you think you are taking the high road. It is preposterous that I gave you probably 20 unique facts about Bruce Lee and you were not familiar with one aspect or detail about his life. Your reading comprehension must really need work for you to have read 2 biographies on Bruce and not be able to come up with one fact about him. Your entire knowledge of Bruce Lee which is completely wrong by the way, consists of the clip you showed me from Enter the Dragon where he leads a bully to be cast away on an island after he tells him his style of fighting is "the art of fighting without fighting." Maybe in your mixed up confused world you thought it meant backing away and avoiding a fight. In that clip, he outsmarted a bully who kicked some peasant's stuff. BRUCE IS A MARTIAL ARTIST FIRST AND FOREMOST, and he is not a bully but he is a violent person who would never advocate backing down against anyone. I keep trying to tell you that Jeet Kun Do and Bruce's philosophy was to react and WAIT until his opponent kicks or punches or does something to expose himself before Bruce would attack. He was basically saying that the centuries old style taught in Kung fu schools was archaic and taught very basic techniques. Bruce's whole point in terms of philosophy was that everyone has a weakness. If you punch or kick first, you are exposing yourself and leaving yourself open for attack. I guess your next snarky reply will be: "You win" or "Thank you for your time" or some ridiculous nonsense. I guess you feel you won, when you could not even make one basic point and had to resort to posting a video which proves nothing by the way, because your grasp of the English language is so lacking, as well as your knowledge of any kind of Bruce's philosophy or any basic knowledge of any kind
That made me laugh, you should change your name to The Accidental Comedian.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
That made me laugh, you should change your name to The Accidental Comedian.
I am sorry that the truth made you laugh. I guess you have the intellectual prowess of a mosquito. You are a complete idiot who posts nothing of any value, on the most superficial topics, you have no life experience, you have zero grasp of the English language. You know nothing about Bruce Lee, martial arts or philosophy.

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MYSELF. I have no other way to destroy you in an argument. I was bullied and an outcast growing up. I created a business out of thin air and am making good money. I snuck into more and better seats at pro sports games than anyone in history most likely, in baseball basketball tennis pro football. I dated gorgeous women who were Italian Black Puerto Rican Dominican Greek you name it. I think the problem is that you live in a little confused bubble where you try to be argumentative and annoying with no basis of reality and you also contribute nothing to this site. I go to games movies and concerts in New York almost every night of the week while you are typing your dumb little worthless useless info you blurt out here which helps no one. I live in New York City and have money and I take advantage of the best this city offers. You wish you had my life, as difficult as my life is at times. I just think because you are powerless in your life in every way imagineable, you feel the need to correct people on this site. You just type little nothings into your 15 year old word processor and think you have any value. I TRY TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE YOU, that is why I come on this site. But you CAN'T BE HELPED, because you are too insistent on thinking you are right when you have no knowledge of ANYTHING. Please type your obligatory 5-word response, because i will be anxiously waiting your simple and soulless reply. You are a blank canvas without any depth, you have nothing of value in your personality, and you add nothing to anyone's life online or in any real life situation. Why don't you tell me something about yourself? I can either pick you apart and destroy you based on your pathetic existence or i can help you and build you up into a halfway decent human being, even if you only sweep streets. And there is no shame in being a street sweeper, it would be a huge step up from the life you probably lead now. i want to help you, help me help u, and prove to me you have any worth. I bet in this entire thread, i used about 50 words you did not even know existed hahaha your vocabulary and reading level is about that of a 5th grader, but that aside I want to help you because i see that you are a lost soul and are more concerned with being annoying than anything else. =0)>
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:40 AM
The Meditator

Quote:
I am sorry that the truth made you laugh. I guess you have the intellectual prowess of a mosquito. You are a complete idiot who posts nothing of any value, on the most superficial topics, you have no life experience, you have zero grasp of the English language. You know nothing about Bruce Lee, martial arts or philosophy.

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MYSELF. I have no other way to destroy you in an argument. I was bullied and an outcast growing up. I created a business out of thin air and am making good money. I snuck into more and better seats at pro sports games than anyone in history most likely, in baseball basketball tennis pro football. I dated gorgeous women who were Italian Black Puerto Rican Dominican Greek you name it. I think the problem is that you live in a little confused bubble where you try to be argumentative and annoying with no basis of reality and you also contribute nothing to this site. I go to games movies and concerts in New York almost every night of the week while you are typing your dumb little worthless useless info you blurt out here which helps no one. I live in New York City and have money and I take advantage of the best this city offers. You wish you had my life, as difficult as my life is at times. I just think because you are powerless in your life in every way imagineable, you feel the need to correct people on this site. You just type little nothings into your 15 year old word processor and think you have any value. I TRY TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE YOU, that is why I come on this site. But you CAN'T BE HELPED, because you are too insistent on thinking you are right when you have no knowledge of ANYTHING. Please type your obligatory 5-word response, because i will be anxiously waiting your simple and soulless reply. You are a blank canvas without any depth, you have nothing of value in your personality, and you add nothing to anyone's life online or in any real life situation. Why don't you tell me something about yourself? I can either pick you apart and destroy you based on your pathetic existence or i can help you and build you up into a halfway decent human being, even if you only sweep streets. And there is no shame in being a street sweeper, it would be a huge step up from the life you probably lead now. i want to help you, help me help u, and prove to me you have any worth. I bet in this entire thread, i used about 50 words you did not even know existed hahaha your vocabulary and reading level is about that of a 5th grader, but that aside I want to help you because i see that you are a lost soul and are more concerned with being annoying than anything else. =0)>
What an amazing life you've had! Can you please tell me more about Burce?
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:54 AM
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Quite a few times. My school was extremely heavy on bullying, and if you were a guy who wasn't hanging around with the "elite", then you pretty much were bound to regularly be talked into fights.

Let me drop some hard truths here, as someone very experienced in these things. There are two components to being able to avoid or successfully execute a fight:
1) Martial skills;
2) Readiness to fight.

For 1), this is just how it is: fighting is a skill, and if you have not been trained in it, then you are going to be destroyed by anyone who has. I strongly recommend undertaking some sort of a combat-focused martial art training. I personally was trained in boxing by a former silver Olympic winner. When you are well trained and maintain a decent physical shape, you can beat 99% of bullies out there without much effort.

2) Fighting requires a certain mindset. You must be willing to enter the state of mind where you do not think about consequences, you are not afraid to hurt someone, and where you just focus on the upcoming battle. This is something especially hard to us, anxiety-prone individuals, as we tend to overthink everything - but with fights, you need to be able to get out of your head and focus on the process.
Again, undertaking a martial art training helps a lot with it, but you have to do a bit of psychological work as well. After all, fighting with bullies in "wild" conditions is quite different from a fight by the rules in a controlled environment.

These things don't only allow you to fight successfully, but they also make it much more likely that you will be able to avoid the fight in the first place. When you know how to fight and know you can defeat your opponent when needed, then the possibility of a fight doesn't scare you, and you negotiate from a much stronger mental position. Your body language, your voice, everything shows your potential opponent that you aren't to be trifled with, and makes it more likely that they won't risk it.

In conclusion, I want to say something controversial: fighting is not wrong. You should not feel guilt over it. You should avoid fights whenever possible, but when fighting is the only way out, then you should not be ashamed of it and should give it your best. Your opponent isn't going to indulge your high moral stances, and being a proud pacifist isn't very helpful when you are lying on the ground, getting kicked around by bullies. You need to be able to stand up for yourself when needed.
I haven't been in a physical fight since I was 15 or so, but should I somehow be forced into one, I am fully confident of my ability to defend myself. This confidence is something everyone should obtain.

Good luck!
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:09 AM

Language: English
My experience with my classmates through elementary and middle school are unusual for common behavior, the kids in my class would think with a mind alike to create messages about me to carry out to the next class about fighting a specific student to start a fight in the elementary school cafeteria. I had a classmate trying to provoke me during lunch in middle school and the kids would be clocked in a with the Supercomputers mind to engage in disrupting me from eating, so I ended up having a dean trying to clam me down with treating me with dessert.

I had a teacher in second grade influencing the class mentally, by informing them to accuse me of bothering them during recess to the dean in order to get sent to the corner so I can witness them going inside my bookbag. The dean told me to leave my book bag with them, and when I got home my mother lectured me about me not knowing how to take care of my personal items. I also recall during middle school my classmate saw me finding a dollar in the hallway near class and he reported me to the dean saying that I stole his money.

Up to this day I still have really bad human experience with people, and their personal behavior of a social barrier prevents me from having an income.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, health, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page