Election Results Emotional Support Thread - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Election Results Emotional Support Thread

Well, I never got an apology from the moderators for what they did to me, but I've been told by Charmander that I can remake this thread. It is of course more than A MONTH TOO LATE, and I am still extremely angry about not being allowed to discuss this topic when it was bothering me, and I am not forgiving them or the trolls who got it locked, but better late than never, so here are some of my posts from that thread quoted, and discussion can pick up where it left off.

Quote:
This is a support thread, for people like me who are having a really hard time dealing with what happened on Tuesday. I don't want it moved somewhere for debate, there's enough debate threads or Trump threads. This is for everyone who feels upset, and alone, after this election, and don't know how to move past it. My sister hung up on me when I tried to talk to her about it so now I'm putting it on you guys.

I have never felt this way about an election or politics before. I didn't feel this way about this election even, until Tuesday night. I am devastated and I'm not really sleeping the last two days, and I'm not really eating either. I'm just upset, and I can't focus on things. I feel so let down, and I feel like I've now seen what this country, what people I have to coexist with, honestly think of me, and what my place in this country is, I'm an outsider in my own country.
The fact that Clinton lost is destroying me too, she was qualified for the job, she was a good candidate, and she lost to the least qualified person to ever run for office, a person who belongs in jail.

I'm not just upset about what it represents, I'm scared of what's going to happen now. So many of my rights are brand new, finally recognized and protected in just this last presidency, and now it can all be taken away. And it's not easy to get them back.

The only thing that's helping me feel better right now has been watching those late night talk shows. Colbert and Meyers, seeing both of them choke up on air talking about this has helped me, because it helps show me that I'm not alone, and that's really what this election made me feel more than anything. I haven't answered my parents calls since Tuesday, I can't talk to them right now. I feel like I'll yell at them or cry if I get on the phone, because I'm so upset and angry that they were part of it.

So, I'm hoping that other people here can relate to me, maybe help me feel less alone in being this upset. Maybe me posting this will help some of you feel less alone too. I am completely aware that this will be perceived as an overreaction, but this is the reaction that I'm having, and I don't know how to stop it.
Quote:
My parents aren't that political, and they consider themselves moderates, other family members like my uncle and some cousins are registered Republicans and hardcore about it. My parents do hold a lot of conservative beliefs though, they both don't like gays, my dad thinks schools and employers are too accommodating for blacks, and he thinks blacks are violent, actually it sounds similar to your dad in that as he gets older he gets more closed off to different groups and more paranoid; this year he justified his vote for Trump by saying he didn't like how the media was telling him who to vote for. They could be worse. My sister voted for Obama last time, she won't talk about the election with me this year. I don't know my coworkers political stance, I'm very new here. I know a few said they voted for Trump after he won.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
What's the point of having billions if you can't do whatever the hell you want?

Are you seriously suggesting that more guys wouldn't do more grabbing if, like Trump, they were super-rich and thus could get away with it?

I don't want to believe that, and prior to the election when polls had Clinton winning in a landslide I didn't believe that. After the election, my faith in humanity is just shattered. I don't what to believe about anything anymore. I know now that nearly half the country thinks that doing that is okay or at least tolerable, even if they wouldn't themselves, which is part of what's fueling the emotions that lead to making this thread.
Quote:
In trying to understand why this election has left me feeling so hopeless, I realize it's because this election actually gave me hope, for awhile, and that was taken away. When the "*****-grabber" tape came out and Republicans and Democrats alike were condemning Trump, flipping sides, that gave me hope, and honestly made me feel proud of this country. That was all taken away this week. Not the "*****-grabber" comments, not the comments about walking in on dressing contestants corroborated by miss teen usa contestants, not the never ending list of women coming forward about his assault and harassment, nothing he said was enough for Americans to be turned off voting for him. Message received America: women don't matter. I am not proud to be an American, and I do not belong in this country.
Quote:
It doesn't even matter if he ends up being a good president, or nothing like his campaign. The fact that nearly half the country voted for what we have seen and know about him is the depressing part. He said mexicans are rapists and criminals and half the country said "**** yeah, kick em out", he bragged about sexual assault and half the country said "that's just what guys do", he said women who have abortions should be punished and half the country said "lock those *****es up." It doesn't matter if he does none of that, Americans voted for him when he was saying it.
Sorry for the formatting, it's not easy to move posts over, the quote button is blocked on a locked thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:38 PM
SAS Member

I dont know if I'm considered a troll, but I know I'm decidedly right-wing. I feel bad if I've played a roll in causing any anguish you may have experienced or held on to. I did vote for Trump, but I wouldn't support him chipping away at our rights. Although anecdotal, I know many other Trump supporters that feel the same way. I hope you'll find some quantum of solace, where ever it may come from.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Gudsforladt

but I'm glad trump won

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:50 PM

Language: sarcasm
Honestly I'm still reeling. I cried myself to sleep in a drunk stupor the night of the election. I cried because I lost what little faith I had in America that night. I'm still afraid for us and I have friends that are still shaken up about it.

It doesn't help that I'm staying with two smug and angry old white guys that voted Trump for the holidays. Anyway, it's happened, it's real, I just have to deal with it. Whatever.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
In earnest curiosity, why isn't this thread in the Election 2016 subforum? I specifically avoid that area of the board because I dislike politics.

I don't like Trump. I think he's a loudmouth and a bully. I think he's an excellent talker but won't be able to back any of it up with action. And I definitely can't support his racist and sexist views. I see where you're coming from. But I don't like Hillary either. I think it's well past time that this nation had a female president -- but Hillary wasn't the right candidate. She's been involved in too many scandals, too much "politics." Her husband was impeached, for crying out loud.

I just wish that third party candidates had had more of a chance. But Republicans and Democrats are far too numerous now. Now I hope I can weather this ****storm of a presidency.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post
In earnest curiosity, why isn't this thread in the Election 2016 subforum? I specifically avoid that area of the board because I dislike politics.

I don't like Trump. I think he's a loudmouth and a bully. I think he's an excellent talker but won't be able to back any of it up with action. And I definitely can't support his racist and sexist views. I see where you're coming from. But I don't like Hillary either. I think it's well past time that this nation had a female president -- but Hillary wasn't the right candidate. She's been involved in too many scandals, too much "politics." Her husband was impeached, for crying out loud.

I just wish that third party candidates had had more of a chance. But Republicans and Democrats are far too numerous now.
Yeah your views are basically mine. I still voted Hillary because it was clear that third party wouldn't win against Trump. I hate our system.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

By starting this thread you are simply opening up an environment for debate. I told you this the first time around but you treated me terribly rudely after not heeding my advice. I was actually trying to help you. And no I'm not a ****ing troll. Below are two of your quotes that could flare up a debate:

"The fact that Clinton lost is destroying me too, she was qualified for the job, she was a good candidate, and she lost to the least qualified person to ever run for office, a person who belongs in jail."

"Message received America: women don't matter."

If you don't believe this thread will start up a debate, well, let's just say it already did. Read the bold quotes below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post

I just wish that third party candidates had had more of a chance. But Republicans and Democrats are far too numerous now. Now I hope I can weather this ****storm of a presidency.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxslide View Post
Honestly I'm still reeling. I cried myself to sleep in a drunk stupor the night of the election. I cried because I lost what little faith I had in America that night. I'm still afraid for us and I have friends that are still shaken up about it.

It doesn't help that I'm staying with two smug and angry old white guys that voted Trump for the holidays. Anyway, it's happened, it's real, I just have to deal with it. Whatever.
I'm sorry you feel this way too but thanks for posting. Who are the old guys you're staying with? My family voted Trump and it's killing me, I try hard to avoid any conversations about it because I worry about how emotional I might get, I usually shake and have trouble with my voice if I'm discussing topics like this.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:06 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
"The fact that Clinton lost is destroying me too, she was qualified for the job, she was a good candidate, and she lost to the least qualified person to ever run for office, a person who belongs in jail."

"Message received America: women don't matter."

If you don't believe this thread will start up a debate, well, let's just say it already did.
It shouldn't. It's obvious from the title, and if not from the first post, that this is a thread for people who are emotionally hurt by the election results. People who are satisfied should simply ignore this thread.
It's like Atheism/Agnosticism thread and the Religious Support thread. People in the Religious support thread are religious and are going to talk about God and how he plans everything. And maybe talk about how they dislike atheists and that they are going to hell. And that is okay and atheists shouldn't be there to hear it in the first place.
Also people in the Atheism forum have every right to say how much they dislike the idea of God and how it has ruined they life. Or maybe make fun of god and talk about the flying spaghetti monster and religious people shouldn't even be there in the first place to get offended.
It goes the same for this thread. If you are a Trump supporter please don't read these posts. I think it's not too much to ask people to have some self discipline and not rely on Mods to remove/restrict threads all the time.

“Honest to God, Bill, the way things are going, all I can think of is that I'm a character in a book by somebody who wants to write about somebody who suffers all the time.” ― Kilgore Trout

"I need to die" - Anonymous
"I'm just like...blaaaah. Effort? WTF is that? hahahaha" - Anonymous
"Love is a luxury" - Astron92
"One day you will look back at your life and you will only see your computer." - Nilufar
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:44 AM
SAS Member

As for the election results, I'm devastated by it.
For Iran it means that the hardliners(bad guys/oppressors/strict Islamists/those who hate America) are going to gain power. Our moderate government put all it's cards in the foreign policy to make the Iran Deal work. We were hopeful that our current president would get reelected next year and start working on freedom and human rights issues now that he has secured the deal and healed the economy to an extent. But now all hope is lost.
With Trump in power, even if he doesn't tear up the Iran Deal like he has promised, the moderates are going to lose power. Trump is going to be hostile towards Iran. Even if it's just words to satisfy his supporters the hardliners here are going to use them to gain power. They have already started. And when they gain power they are going to do/say hostile things against America. It's like a cycle. Horrible people empower horrible people elsewhere.
And with the whole congress controlled by republicans there is a great chance that some very bad things are going to happen between Iran and US. I'm very scared. And helpless as always.

“Honest to God, Bill, the way things are going, all I can think of is that I'm a character in a book by somebody who wants to write about somebody who suffers all the time.” ― Kilgore Trout

"I need to die" - Anonymous
"I'm just like...blaaaah. Effort? WTF is that? hahahaha" - Anonymous
"Love is a luxury" - Astron92
"One day you will look back at your life and you will only see your computer." - Nilufar
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM
MAGA

Your family around you voted Trump? well there you have it. maybe this thread should have been in the family section. Being a trump supporter, the best solace I can give you is that Trump is not nearly the monster that the left-wing propaganda controlled media and the Soros-backed instigators made him out to be. You often hear worse unrelated to elections even in co-ed dorms and locker rooms.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyne View Post
I'm sorry you feel this way too but thanks for posting. Who are the old guys you're staying with? My family voted Trump and it's killing me, I try hard to avoid any conversations about it because I worry about how emotional I might get, I usually shake and have trouble with my voice if I'm discussing topics like this.
My dad and the freeloader guy who is living with him (he works on his house). My dad had me really late so he's in his mid seventies. They're terrible, they talk about shooting mexicans, killing muslims, it's like an all you can eat racist intolerant buffet here. I wish I could avoid it but these guys just love bringing this stuff up, my dad brought it up over dinner just yesterday even though its pretty obvious this is a tense issue for me. I tried my best to keep it cool and not spontaneously combust. So I definitely feel you on the Trump voting family members anguish.

Honestly though I expected this from my dad and all the people like him. If we're talking about family members and friends, I'm actually more disappointed and betrayed in my mom and all the people I know who didn't vote.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

Wow talk about a broken record haha, this is the 4th topic youv made on this almost exact topic of the top of my head, probably more, AND you went and got permission to re post a blocked thread-who does that? /you seem to have trouble accepting the election result, its over Hillary lost, let it go..just accept the result. BTW Im glad that phony Hillary did not win, Im not saying I agree with everything Trump says, but Hillary was so fake you could see it from space.

"I am Chereogo, the horse with no name..."
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Gudsforladt

I like how people that openly mocked trump and said he never had a chance to win the presidency are the ones that are crying and breaking down now. #hesyourpresident
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:41 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
Quote:
Originally Posted by uffi View Post
I like how people that openly mocked trump and said he never had a chance to win the presidency are the ones that are crying and breaking down now. #hesyourpresident
#NotMyPresident

If he starts a war I would literally rather rot in jail for the rest of my life rather than fight for that man. And I really don't think it's too crazy a possibility.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:51 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Code:
      -=[ safety pin ]=- 7/99

.--.
                    /_/) )
                   // \_/
                  //  //
                 //  //
                //_ //
          jgs  ((_))/
                `--`

I will continue to fight hatred by vote and online. I'm sorry that Trump won, I'm sorry that anger is what drove our nation to getting him elected. To be fair, I think if Bernie were not pushed under the bus, we may have had entirely different results - but that is just my rather biased opinion.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
And helpless as always.
Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxslide View Post
My dad and the freeloader guy who is living with him (he works on his house). My dad had me really late so he's in his mid seventies. They're terrible, they talk about shooting mexicans, killing muslims, it's like an all you can eat racist intolerant buffet here. I wish I could avoid it but these guys just love bringing this stuff up, my dad brought it up over dinner just yesterday even though its pretty obvious this is a tense issue for me. I tried my best to keep it cool and not spontaneously combust. So I definitely feel you on the Trump voting family members anguish.

Honestly though I expected this from my dad and all the people like him. If we're talking about family members and friends, I'm actually more disappointed and betrayed in my mom and all the people I know who didn't vote.
My parents have never been that racist or that intolerant, they've always seemed pretty average for white people. I know they lean conservative but I thought for sure that Trump would be the exception, they couldn't possibly care more about politics than about the open misogyny and hatred coming from Trump and his group. But they did, and I'm shocked and disappointed, and being gay, female, and inconsistently employed, it's hard to reconcile the idea that they love me with how they must feel about people like me.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 03:07 PM
electric

Mostly I feel like

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...EVc8KylxCCM%3A

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:29 PM
Viva La Raza!

My Mood: Tired
I'm a guy, I don't need emotional support.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
I'm a guy, I don't need emotional support.
We can all use someone to talk to, but I can understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing in this thread.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page