Dumb people calling smart people dumb - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Question

Dumb people calling smart people dumb


What really annoys me is when dumb people start yelling and screaming at smart people just because they don't understand them.

Example:
Dumb person instructs smart person to place a box on top in a specific section.
-smart person proceeds to put said box (without specific instructions from the dumb person) there.
-dumb person yells: "NOT THAT WAY!! THE OTHER WAY!!"
-smart person then asserts the situation and logically concludes the dumb person means the opposite way of the current position and does so
-apparently this wasn't how the dumb person wanted the box positioned and yells at the smart person: "ARE YOU ****ING STUPID?!"
-smart person then asserts that the dumb person probably wants the box to be placed in another axis (in this case, the Z-axis as opposed to the previous xy-axis)
-dumb person says "LET ME ****ING DO IT!! HOW THE **** DO PEOPLE HIRE YOU?! YOU ARE SO ****ING STUPID!!"

For this specific example, I would like to highlight that the dumb person is really dumb because he cannot sit down and think that there are many, many ways a box can be placed in a certain position (I can think of at least 10).

I am tired of these dumb and simple gorillas who can't think beyond a one-dimensional train of thought.

Have you experienced this too?

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Resist
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,585
My Mood: Tired
Gee, who is the smart person on your story I wonder.
Posted via Mobile Device
nubly is online now  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
So, anyone?

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Gee, who is the smart person on your story I wonder.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't bother posting on my threads because you are on my ignore list.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
I recommend using browser plugins to complete the ignore functionality with a full ignore. It is purely satisfying! Anyway, I'm sidetracking. I must continue to work on my dissertation which will get me my high quality degree and will allow me to get a good job without networking.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Quack quack, said the quacking duck.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Monster
 
LostinReverie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Graveyard
Posts: 6,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Gee, who is the smart person on your story I wonder.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly what I was thinking.

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.
LostinReverie is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Looks like it's one of nubly's friends. You go on the ignore list too.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Anyone else with a big mouth goes the same way. Hehehe. I feel sorry for these people because they haven't studied at any university. Too bad, too bad. At least I get to graduate.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Planet
 
SaladDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Space
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,511
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12345 View Post
Looks like it's one of nubly's friends. You go on the ignore list too.
So disagreeing with an opinion means you're in league with some other dude now? And its warranted to put someone on the ignore list because they want to be skeptical until they hear both sides of the story here? There is more salt in this thread than in the Pacific ocean.

JUST DO IT, ******
SaladDays is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
So disagreeing with an opinion means you're in league with some other dude now? And its warranted to put someone on the ignore list because they want to be skeptical until they hear both sides of the story here? There is more salt in this thread than in the Pacific ocean.
You don't even know what you're talking about. You should learn how to properly argue with advanced methods in something called an institution for higher education such as a university.. not this silly display you just did.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Hold on people, need to update my list.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Thread ended. I'm going to talk to smart people about this.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Planet
 
SaladDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Space
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,511
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by s12345 View Post
You don't even know what you're talking about. You should learn how to properly argue with advanced methods in something called an institution for higher education such as a university.. not this silly display you just did.
You should start a business, with that much salt you can make millions, maybe you'd stop being so frustrated all the time

JUST DO IT, ******
SaladDays is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,252
Anyone with any sharp comments towards me knows where their post will end up.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden
s12345 is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Monster
 
LostinReverie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Graveyard
Posts: 6,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth View Post
sharp comment
Did you know your post would end up here?

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.
LostinReverie is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:25 AM
SAS Member
 
GangsterOfLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Female
Age: 22
Posts: 1,660
Da***

"Don't sweat the petty things
and don't pet the sweaty things."
GangsterOfLove is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:30 AM
SAS Member
 
LiquidFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 26
Hahaha, oh wow.

There's a difference between being smart and being a smartass. Look it up.
LiquidFox is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:32 AM
lamb to lion
 
livetolovetolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 664
You see this type of attitude is just alienating you from people. The fault is not of "dumb people" it's yours. You make a post hoping to find people to relate to, and no one can. Try to see people beyond simple labels. If they're dumb maybe help them see the world like you see it?

Will is resistance to conformity. Will is strange. It is neither conformity now or chaos, but Right. Right is the way. Mysterious and unending. Higher order that is revealed in hindsight.
livetolovetolive is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:42 AM
SAS Member
 
Silere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 621
In hindsight, did you notice any reason why they wanted the box put that specific way? That guy was being very mean, regardless.


But yeah, there has been many times in the past where someone told me to do something, at work or at home, and I didn't do it the way they wanted because they failed to explain it correctly.


Silere is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have bad interactions with people your age made you cynical of people (general rant) muse87 Frustration 40 08-22-2016 09:56 AM
How i overcame social anxiety Empty7 Coping With Social Anxiety 12 05-11-2016 05:39 AM
Do people assume you're smart? Wizard Lizard Coping With Social Anxiety 44 09-21-2015 01:57 PM
Isolation has driven me past a breaking point. ijustcantanymore Frustration 28 09-09-2015 07:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome