Don't you hate it when people ignore you in PM's? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
At least here there was only one adequate pm that I got (and only one that I responded to). Other ones were like wanna chat whatsapp, add me to friends there and someone probably really thought that I'm actually a female lol... I will not ever care to respond to bs like that...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Cooking Chicken

I don't hate it. I myself am very low energy and have nothing to say at all most days (unless I'm drunk). I mean, I really just enjoy the comfort of being alone because talking is a monumental task anymore. And the result is just this meandering nothing conversation to nowhere. Writing is a little bit different, but real time is RIDICULOUSLY hard. Especially now because I'm not as open as I used to be. I used to just put it all out there but I'm guarded now.

So I do get this urge to reach out here and there through PM. If someone doesn't respond it's completely alright with me.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:20 AM
SAS Member

A little, but since this is a social anxiety forum, no hard feelings.

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
It shows that receiving the social barrier describe the trade of thoughts of preferences that are vital to the Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers.

My mind thoughts sees the isolation social pattern important based on the people not meeting the condition to generate related thought words to finish the conversation, and when the person has a feeling to express right? the person communication gets shut down before sending them through. Where the feeling can build enough self hatred towards people and make the person follow up with the action to lash out on specific people and lone themselves with the social barrier in action to further the experience.

No Social Support from a support forum, when the person joined in the very first place to receive social support for their experiences can make a person misbehave on the forum and in person. Where it allows the Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers to take advantage over the person.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

The real creator gave the programmers restricted technologies.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:07 PM
green and blue

I no get
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:03 PM
SAS Member

Language: English.
I can understand to an extent yes. In the past, I've gotten upset over this. Now I know it has nothing to do with me. Sometimes people have a hard time communicating with others or have issues going on with their life. I wouldn't ignore anyone though, but that's just me.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:23 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Meh is what it is

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:01 PM
Bleep blorp blop bip boop

My Mood: Lurking
I guess it depends. If it is somebody you've messaged often for like years...or legitimately have an established friendship with, that would suck. I know I have trouble carrying on conversations if there isn't much 'substance' to the messages. People everywhere are more likely to not respond than respond with 'hey, thanks for the messages, but I just don't feel like responding to you any more'. Just the way it goes. Not everybody is going to be a 'match' interest-wise or personality-wise.

You are the wave, I am the naked island.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Permanently Banned

I get really upset actually, but I have done the same more than once. However if I don't respond to PM... it's because of anxiety

Sorry Johndoe, zatch and others.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:03 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
I usually overthink everything I say, so I try to avoid PM as much as possible. I have at times not replied to PMs only because every time I wrote something I kept erasing it because I thought it sounded stupid and eventually just said forget it.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Permanently Banned

I get ignored IRL, so I get ignored online as well.

If people ignore your PMs, it could be due to a number of often overlapping reasons:

-They don't like your online persona/posts

-They don't like what you wrote in your PMs - which reflects who you are, your experiences, and how you're treated IRL

-You're not interesting/special enough to them, you're not innately appealing to them, and they don't find it necessary to keep up with PMs - more important people get in the way

-They have their own stigmas and biases against you

-Combination of the above
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:14 PM
uggla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Would ignore most pm's these days. Don't have the energy for them.
This is probably the case for some of them. Try to not take it personally.

that's what she said
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:18 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I don't think I can see Pm's on my phone, so sorry if I ignored anyone : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by probably offline View Post
This is probably the case for some of them. Try to not take it personally.
Only 1 person ignored my PM but I won't tell who, don't worry and yes, I think of my good friends as likely not having the energy for my PM's.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASsier1 View Post
I get ignored IRL, so I get ignored online as well.

If people ignore your PMs, it could be due to a number of often overlapping reasons:

-They don't like your online persona/posts

-They don't like what you wrote in your PMs - which reflects who you are, your experiences, and how you're treated IRL

-You're not interesting/special enough to them, you're not innately appealing to them, and they don't find it necessary to keep up with PMs - more important people get in the way

-They have their own stigmas and biases against you

-Combination of the above
Sorry to hear that you get ignored irl and online! Wish you the best! if I'm unsure about someone I won't choose to talk to them.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
I get really upset actually, but I have done the same more than once. However if I don't respond to PM... it's because of anxiety

Sorry Johndoe, zatch and others.
Posted via Mobile Device
lol! your apology is appreciated
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
Well lily I send you 3 PM's and you never responded so look who's talking!

Also look for white text

just kidding
ha!
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I don't think I can see Pm's on my phone, so sorry if I ignored anyone : /
Your PM box is full When I tried to PM you, the SAS PM system told me to tell you to clear out some of the old PMs so people could send you PMs again.

I assumed that you were struggling with the PM system (to the point to where your box became over-encumbered) in some fashion.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I put the purple part in my signature because my anxiety really IS that bad that I can't seem to keep up one-on-one/private communication for long, if at all. Even with my one online friend, whom I've known for over a decade and have actually met in person twice, I take months to reply to her.

Then when the purple part of my sig wasn't enough to keep people from getting offended, I just turned my PMs off completely. I can't deal with the stress.

Now I'm getting the same way with VMs. (Sorry to all the people I never replied to. )

In my case, mostly it's the anxiety. I used to be really chatty and sociable in person AND online, but I had lots...LOTS...of really bad experiences socializing with others in both environments (ironically, I was most often criticized about how chatty I was)...so I've grown terrified of communicating with people. People criticizing my chattiness was the main reason I developed SA in the first place. When it's one on one, so half the burden of the conversation is on me, it's even worse than posting on a forum where it's kind of "Meh" if somebody replies or not. I learned the hard way that socializing with others hurts. So it's not that the interest isn't there, it's just that I'm too scared/discouraged.

And to be honest, I'm not into smalltalk, which is what most people seem to mean when they say they want to chat. I honestly have nothing to share about what I'm up to or what's going on because I have no life.

I do have particular interests I'd love to chat about at length, but nobody else is into them, so... I'd rather not make somebody's eyes glaze over. So...I don't really have anything to talk about with most people.
Sorry to hear, tehuti88, that socializing hurts for you now from your experience. To me, not socializing is hurtful, it's no one's fault if they don't reply or don't have the energy yet, but it's just having my kind of anxiety and not enough friends.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Permanently Banned

The more I like people's online personas or who they seem to be IRL, the more awkward, anxious, and unlikeable I become. So I never have any friends I actually like.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page