hey i got to this website looking for ideas to help me figure out what i want to do with my life because im ready to change my life. im 20 yrs old and for the first 18 i was one of the happiest most out going people youd ever meet. i could make people like us happy and lift there spirits. but i liked to party and have my fun on the weekends it was my senior year and i rolled my car with my friend and fell into a pretty big depression it was a big hit to my life. so i started drinking and smoking weed more.. pretty much became a stoner wich didnt help with my life situation. and than about 3 months after that wreck i rolled my friends car in to a irrigation ditch filled with water and we all almost died. i got charged with seven things and was facing alot of jail and fines. but they all got dropped and i got away clean. second chance. and ever since than my life has been a living hell i cant even remember months of my life cause i go into this "zombie" like state were all of my actions come as naturaly as breathing and i just zone out. i sleep for days at a time and dont want to talk to anyone. but one day about 2 or 3 weeks ago i was at the library and saw this rack of free books and figured why not get a book i have nothing else to do (i was waiting for my bus) so i looked through most of them and they were all dumb. but i saw this bright yellow book behind some other one that caught my eye and i pulled it out. its called "the power of positive thinking"
1. Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of yourself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. That is most dangerous, for the mind always tries to complete what it pictures. So always picture "success" no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
2. Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal powers comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out.
3. Do not built up obstacles in your imagination. Depreciate every so-called obstacle. Minimize them. Difficulties must be studied and efficiently dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for only what they are. They must not be inflated by fear thoughts.
4. Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as YOU can. Remember also that most people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor, are often as scared as you are and as doubtful of themselves.
5. Ten times a day repeat these dynamic words, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31) (Stop reading and repeat them NOW slowly and confidently.)
6. Get a competent counselor to help you understand why you do what you do. Learn the origin of your inferiority and self-doubt feelings which often begin in childhood. Self-knowledge leads to a cure.
7. Ten times each day practice the following affirmation, repeating it out loud if possible. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13) Repeat those words NOW. That magic statement is the most powerful antidote on earth to inferiority thoughts.
8. Make a true estimate of your own ability, then raise it 10 percent. Do not become egotistical, but develop a wholesome self-respect. Believe in your own God-released powers.
9. Put yourself in God's hands. To do that simply state, "I am in God's hands." Then believe you are NOW receiving all the power you need. "Feel" it flowing into you. Affirm that "the kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:21) in the form of adequate power to meet life's demands.
10. Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. Believe that you now RECEIVE power from him.
im only half way done with this book but its already gotten me off my *** and movin around. im still kinda socially akward but change will come with my independence im hoping. i was litteraly to the point were my mind and body were just trying to die. like i had completely givin up. and this book has some stuff about god wich some of you might not be so happy about but just look past that part if you have to this book is helpful and im ready to move forward again!
PARTY ON WAYNE!