Doesn't anyone else find the whole "gender war" thing pretty depressing - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #1 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Doesn't anyone else find the whole "gender war" thing pretty depressing

Both sides seem full of hate and spite to me, and yet the ironic thing is that (IMO) the people who are the most vocal of both strike a very similar chord. Maybe they're just so blinded by hate and needing to score points that they don't care any more.

I really have zero patience for people who are determined to keep men and women in different camps. Guess what? Everyone knows that men and women are biologically different. And guess what, again? Twisting scientific data about a bit so that it seems to support your view when in actual fact it doesn't and then spewing out ideological dogma about how men/women "should" be (like nature is a sentient being that consciously sets paths for every single person on earth) is just as base and disgusting as religious fundamentalism.

I just can't believe some people genuinely seem to devote their lives to this tripe than to oh, I dunno. Charity, philosophizing, goodwill to your fellow human? Pfft.

I dunno. Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there.

/rant over.

And that eureka moment hits you like a cop car...

- Everything Everything: Cough Cough

"My kingdom for a *****ing green pen."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Permanently Banned

Well, I'd say if women were actually rational and honest about what attracts them, there would be less threads about it.

Wouldn't you hate it if you caught on tape a friend stealing money from you, and having him/her still denying your accusation?

Men may be *****holes at times, but at least they are upfront about it.
post #3 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

@TPower

Over generalising tripe about either sex isn't welcome in this thread and is actually what I was getting at. So nice try.

post #4 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
Couldn't agree more.
post #5 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarOfTheMemphisBelle View Post
Both sides seem full of hate and spite to me, and yet the ironic thing is that (IMO) the people who are the most vocal of both strike a very similar chord. Maybe they're just so blinded by hate and needing to score points that they don't care any more.

I really have zero patience for people who are determined to keep men and women in different camps. Guess what? Everyone knows that men and women are biologically different. And guess what, again? Twisting scientific data about a bit so that it seems to support your view when in actual fact it doesn't and then spewing out ideological dogma about how men/women "should" be (like nature is a sentient being that consciously sets paths for every single person on earth) is just as base and disgusting as religious fundamentalism.

I just can't believe some people genuinely seem to devote their lives to this tripe than to oh, I dunno. Charity, philosophizing, goodwill to your fellow human? Pfft.

/rant over.
^ All of this. You'd think people would use more of their precious time trying to help their own problems rather than bickering about something like gender 24/7. Reminds me of elementary school, damn.

"Dead end girl on the outside looking in
On a dead end world in which she cannot live
And she'd love to leave for some place all alone
And she'd love to live far from every face or name she's ever known"
post #6 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Cut Above

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:

/rant over.

I'm not sure if you mean the Gender war in society or on these boards, but I don't enter or -if the title is misleading- I never reply in those threads, the are unintellectual sesspools of egotistical ignoramouses. . . .
I'm not even sure if that last word is spelled correctly, but what I'm trying to say is don't give that trollish behaviour any attention and it will go away.

Factless arguments for the sake of arguing just aggravate people.

Invisible Kid locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
post #7 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
back to fantasyland

It's like politics to a lot of them. They don't care about coming to any sort of agreement it is all about their "team" and they will argue and pretty much treat anyone they consider to be against them like ****. It's childish and pretty much pointless you're never going to get someone to change opinions let alone accept any valid points. Also these arguments tend to get personal quickly since some can't seperate someone making a point and treat it as some insult to their gender and must be attacked

Will say there is a lot more white knights here then pink knights tho

Forever Alone Crew
Still Live with my Parents Crew
Never Had a Girlfriend Crew
Socially Awkward Crew
Dead by 30 Crew
Dead Inside Crew
Snitches get Stitches Crew
Anti White Knight Crew
The Un-American Crew
Wish I Was a Sociopath Crew
Dream Of Being Murdered Crew
Vegetarian/Vegan Hater Crew
Not Part Of The Liberal Circle Jerk Crew
Anti-Feminist Crew
3+ kdr Crew
post #8 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Permanently Banned

Honestly I think you're badly wrong. The reason for the gender wars are because some women (not all) have hypocritical opinions. They will say they are for equality and feminism and then turn round and blame nice guys for constantly being rejected because they are not real men and they need to "man up". Men have had enough of the dishonesty and mixed messages, we are sick of it. We don't hate women, that's just silly.
post #9 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosu View Post
Honestly I think you're badly wrong. The reason for the gender wars are because some women (not all) have hypocritical opinions. They will say they are for equality and feminism and then turn round and blame nice guys for constantly being rejected because they are not real men and they need to "man up". Men have had enough of the dishonesty and mixed messages, we are sick of it. We don't hate women, that's just silly.
It's this kind of "we" and "us men/women" and "you lot" kind of rhetoric that, no matter whether it may be based in reality is just self-defeating in the end.

post #10 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
intimacy without pain

I completely agree with you, OP. And I'd counter some of the ironic hypocrisy of some of the posts in here, but I'd hate for this thread to turn into another gender war. But I just thought you should know you're not alone.
post #11 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
I am a wildcat

If you're so sick of the gender wars on this site, why would you make a thread that's begging to turn into one?

Just ignore them.

December 17th. The Wildhearts. March 19th. The Gaslight Anthem. April 12th. The Ataris.
April 18th. Don Broco. April 25th. Lower Than Atlantis. May 24th. Rush. June 8th. The Stone Roses.
I'm just jealous cause you're young and in love..
post #12 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
It's this kind of "we" and "us men/women" and "you lot" kind of rhetoric that, no matter whether it may be based in reality is just self-defeating in the end.
I said some women, not all.
post #13 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Wallflower

I hope I might be able to shed some light on this topic by elaborating a bit; if not then I apologize.

But from what I have seen, it appears that both sides have become a product of their environment. Society in and of itself has become perverted by things such as consumerism, media influence, religious norms, and in some cases, imposed 'family values.' A good example of what I mean by imposed family values comes from a story that I was told by a truck driver who worked for the company I dispatch for. He told me when he was 16 his grandfather forced him to witness a lynching in order for them to try and teach him how worthless another races' life is compared to theirs. You can also see examples of this in religious texts, I can't count how many parts of the bible reference this sort of thing towards women, one of which being killing a rape victim because she did not scream for help, Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB.

And it is disturbing to see people become so invested into downgrading another individual for their sex or race for that matter. Even sexual orientation in recent years. Yet we see it everyday. And sadly I don't think we'll be seeing any less of it for a long time now mainly because of all the airtime some of these people get...

But that's not to say that there is no hope, there are still brilliant and wonderful people in the world, however few there may be, and they will offer the next generation their perspective in hopes of them becoming more of what we need to see in the world. A civil society, a society that is not quick to pass judgement, and a society that does not implement gray areas into laws involving civil rights of any human being regardless of the aforementioned attributes to try and sway the populous to their point.

Though maybe I'm just sounding overly idealistic at this point.

'I expect the worst, so that I am never disappointed.'
post #14 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sea View Post
If you're so sick of the gender wars on this site, why would you make a thread that's begging to turn into one?

Just ignore them.
Sound point, but this section of the forum is for venting frustration. In this case this thread is about how annoying these very threads are. I do not want this thread to turn into a gender war. It is about the very kind of people who love propagating one.

post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
I am a wildcat

Quote:
Sound point, but this section of the forum is for venting frustration. In this case this thread is about how annoying these very threads are. I do not want this thread to turn into a gender war. It is about the very kind of people who love propagating one.
People making threads complaining about threads just doubles the problem though.

December 17th. The Wildhearts. March 19th. The Gaslight Anthem. April 12th. The Ataris.
April 18th. Don Broco. April 25th. Lower Than Atlantis. May 24th. Rush. June 8th. The Stone Roses.
I'm just jealous cause you're young and in love..
post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚♛

with above post

War has been declared against woman!! Let the battle commence!!!!

quite simple really, lots of frustrated folk on a social anxiety forum.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┳━┳ ◡ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻
post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm not Dead...Yet

It is because it's mostly fueled by guys that "can't get laid" and are bitter because of it. The funny thing is they hold such contempt toward females and then wonder why women won't date them. It's becoming a bit of a joke imo.
post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Permanently Banned

I like laughing.
post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPower View Post
Well, I'd say if women were actually rational and honest about what attracts them, there would be less threads about it.

Wouldn't you hate it if you caught on tape a friend stealing money from you, and having him/her still denying your accusation?

Men may be *****holes at times, but at least they are upfront about it.

post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Simon Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
I'm not sure if you mean the Gender war in society or on these boards
These boards I think.

And yes, it's annoyingly common lately and like a broken record most of the time...

But there's also the fact that gender in society is a very important issue and to people with SA that makes it a very relevant factor. Still, far too much broken-recording.

Quote:
Yes, it's definitely a linguistic minefield... you have to make sure to avoid using terms like "women" and "men", even "some women" or "some men" can sound overly generalizing, so one has to choose ones words carefully.

"Choose not to be harmed – and you won’t feel harmed.
Don’t feel harmed – and you haven’t been."
- Marcus Aurelius
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page