Do you think people shouldn't have kids? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenFathoms View Post
The OP:

I answered based on the tense used: "to have kids", which is not the same as "to have had kids". The premise (to my understanding and other's based on their posts) is asking "should people have children based on the fact that some already existing people's existence is only one of suffering?".

My answer was based on that premise. Some things (nuclear physics) are definitely taxing on my brain. This thread wasn't.

(That isn't a slight to your thread @sad1231234 . The question you raised is something all of us do ponder at one time or another)
The question of this thread should tax your brain lol cause its a pretty big, complicated subject. There are many factors involved, you cant just say that it is better for humans to exist than to not exist because countless people have been through lots of suffering. The reason i say we shouldnt exist is because no one would miss our good things if we werent alive but everyone would miss out on suffering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:26 PM
SAS Member

I think it's okay to have kids if you're VERY financially stable. like waaay upper middle class where you can make sure your kids can be kids and grow up in a normal environment and have the opportunity to go to sports camps and participate in dance or ice skating or ****ing anything because your parents would be able to afford it.

Not like my ****ed up life. I wish my drug addict mom could've pulled the ****ing trigger on abortion and aborted my *** because having to take care of your parents and the rest of your siblings as a child is a hell I never would wish on my worst enemy and still continues to torment every waking moment of your adult life
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:58 PM
SAS Member

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenFathoms View Post
When I read your posts (not just in this thread) you consistently make the point that your own circumstances have led to suffering but people who have 'good lives' should be happy with what they have.

I'm not sure if you have read my posts on this topic, but when I was younger I was taken from my home, tortured and raped. I also have had a chronic illness since I was a teenager. I used a wheelchair for several years until I could walk again. I feel qualified to speak as a survivor. Not for ALL survivors, but for myself.

I explained your reasons for making the thread as general ones. But, I also said the heart of it comes from your own feelings and the words you put out and if that isn't true, then ok. Because you would know yourself best.

I agree your life is vastly different. The only thing that you (and every single human) has in common is that only WE can decide how to interpret our circumstances in our minds.

You said this topic should tax my brain. There's a reason it doesn't. I've already had to confront the issue. My family has a hereditary disease. So, each generation has to decide whether to reproduce if that disease will be carried on. So, far they have decided to and even though it has meant suffering, none of us has wished they hadn't been born. There have been times of deep darkness, but also times of light and joy.

But, if someone did decide not to have children, I wouldn't judge them. It's a very personal choice.
Yeah people with good lives should be happy with what they have.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a pretty traumatic ordeal. And those different problems must have had quite an impact on your life i can imagine.

Well i made this thread as more of like a discussion thing and to stir up a little drama haha. But yeah maybe there was some subconscious desire to express my emotions or something.

Well the thing is most people have a lot more in common with each other than with me so yeah... survivor or not, i cant change the fact that everyone grew up around each other and i didnt.

Yeah well i think suffering isnt worth the existence of people.
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:32 PM
SAS Member

post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuschrysler View Post
I think it's okay to have kids if you're VERY financially stable. like waaay upper middle class where you can make sure your kids can be kids and grow up in a normal environment and have the opportunity to go to sports camps and participate in dance or ice skating or ****ing anything because your parents would be able to afford it.
More affluent doesn't always guarantee a happier upbringing. I had a more middle class upbringing but at the same time our neighbourhood was boring or we constantly fell out with them and it was harder to make friends. Where i am now it is poor in comparison but there is a better vibe between neighbours and the kids are always outside laughing and playing. There are still bad parents of course who don't spend any time with their kids and don't teach them how to behave.
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 08:46 AM
SAS Member

Do you think the urge to have kids has a lot to do with how happy the person feels within their own lives? When you’re miserable, procreation seems like just another messed up idea in a world of messed up people and events. But if you were completely happy, and thought life was actually worth living, do you think then, maybe you could actually change your mind and want them?

Why should you want any other, When you' re a world within a world.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 03:07 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
The 250 count box of tissues costs like 5 bucks. And lots of places probably have buy one get one free. A cum stained tissue doesn't need to make the best of anything. Done. Toss it in the trash and do whatever you want with the rest of your life. How hard is that? Even an environmentalist couldn't argue with that. One tissue prevents 80 years of pollution.
Its so heart breaking to read this. That you think your life has no value or life in general (It seems...correct me if I'm wrong)

But life can be beautiful ...there's so much to experience and explore...

your life has purpouse and reason... but you have to find it.

You were placed here for a reason... to love and love others

and experience the beauty this world has to offer.

I hope you see your life as valuable as I do one day.

Try to think positively.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb1990 View Post
Do you think the urge to have kids has a lot to do with how happy the person feels within their own lives? When you’re miserable, procreation seems like just another messed up idea in a world of messed up people and events. But if you were completely happy, and thought life was actually worth living, do you think then, maybe you could actually change your mind and want them?
Great post. But you'll never be able to convince these people.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page