Do you get treated like a kid? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Do you get treated like a kid?

I get treated like I'm 10 years old by mostly everyone irl. Even people my age treat me like I'm a kid. However, most people treat me like a kid because they think I'm still in high school, they think I'm a teenager but I call bullshixt! I know damn well I don't look like a teenager. I feel like they're just saying that to use it as an excuse, so they can continue treating me like a kid. I look my age and not like a teenager.

Does anyone else still get treated like a kid even though you're already an adult?

"For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse.
So collapse.
Crumble.
This is not your destruction.
This is your birth."

"Life is a temporary journey we just have to deal with"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Not on here anymore

Oh yes, I'm treated like a kid by most people. It doesn't help that I look 14 or something.

As I fight for one last prayer
I keep holding on
No love to believe in
As I drag the devil down
I will stand alone
No longer defeated
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Language: English
As a kid, I was treated like an adult, as an adult I'm treated as a mentally challenged little boy.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, health, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:01 PM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
Yes, I do too. I feel BC I look lil I'm 12... And... BC I'm behind my peers... So yah..thats why for me

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:19 PM
SAS Member

All the time. As EmotionlessThug said, as a kid they treated me/expected me to behave like an adult, and now that I am one they talk down to me like I'm challenged in some way. Maybe I am, but that's not my fault in the end is it? Maybe if they treated me the way they were supposed to then, I wouldn't have issues now.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Searching...

My Mood: Bored
Yes, people can sense a timid, eager to please, indecisive nature that shy people tend to have. If someone is intuitive enough to sense weakness in someone, they will exploit it, even if it's as pointless as making themselves feel better by feeding their ego. Don't allow your mind to accept such treatment on a regular basis, you may avoid confrontation but eventually you're going to realize your life will never get better if you allow people to walk all over you forever.

Many people love to feel superior, confident, and in charge, hence the purpose of folks like us, they can inflate their egos and pretend they know everything and we know nothing.

These type of individuals who are condescending on a regular basis despite your proof time and time again of your intellectual abilities, well they aren't worth too much thought stressing over about. They think very little of you after all, so why shouldn't you return the favor and mostly ignore them?

There are other unique and more open minded individuals out there who are patient enough or wise enough to see the real you. It's just going to take time and the right moments of you taking a risk opening your inner thoughts to them.

Being constantly treated as a sidekick or naive person on a daily basis can be very taxing, especially if the person in question doesn't know how to vent their frustrations, bottling up their emotions.

"All greatness of character is dependent on individuality. The man who has no other existence than that which he partakes in common with all around him, will never have any other than an existence of mediocrity. "
-James F. Cooper

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... Wondering, fearing, doubting..." -Edgar Allan Poe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bMZ5dNsl4
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
My 8 year old nephew treats me like a kid. He asks me stuff like. "Your mom lets you play those kinds of games?" or "I'm going to tell her that you are playing those kinds of games (referring to call of duty)". He doesn't talk to me the way he talks to "adults". Even though I tell him I'm an adult he tells me, "No you still seem like a kid, you're not an adult like my mom or dad". He was so shocked when he saw that i had some facial hair growing, that he ran to his mom to go and tell her, lol. He also always asks me if i have a gf infront of everyone which is really awkward...I guess that's as honest as it will get, that i'm not viewed like an adult.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Seriously , never serious

No
But I act like a kid . lol .

. WTF is wrong with me

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:51 PM
SAS Member

How tall are you? Petite women look young for their age. My sister has that problem. People don't take her seriously because they think she's a 12 year old until she whips out her debit card to pay for her items. The look on people's faces? Priceless.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Permanently Banned

I look younger than I am, and don't gel well irl with my peers because I've done a lot of maturing to get through my SA.

So it happens all of the time. I just want to tell them "I'm a ****ing adult, God Dammit, I work and pay bills XD".
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:56 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
No
But I act like a kid . lol .
That's how I feel!

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Permanently Banned

Yes. I get treated like I'm 10. People talk to me like I'm slow. I don't blame them. I come across as an autist freak cuz of my SA. I also look 17. A girl wouldn't sleep with me because I looked like her son lol.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:59 AM
Orange Alert

My Mood: Worried
Hell, I'm surprised when I get called Mister. I get the feeling I'm treated as an adolescent most of the time. Whatever, I don't even care.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyApathy View Post
I get treated like I'm 10 years old by mostly everyone irl. Even people my age treat me like I'm a kid. However, most people treat me like a kid because they think I'm still in high school, they think I'm a teenager but I call bullshixt! I know damn well I don't look like a teenager. I feel like they're just saying that to use it as an excuse, so they can continue treating me like a kid. I look my age and not like a teenager.

Does anyone else still get treated like a kid even though you're already an adult?
Not really, whenever I deal with people they seem nervous around me or afraid, as if I am some kind of monster

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page